1. Who has become the Youngest Bowler to take 400 T20 wickets?
A. Shakib Al Hasan
B. Pat Cummins
C. Rashid Khan
D. Jasprit Bumrah
Answer (C) Rashid Khan
• Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan has become the youngest bowler to take 400 T20 wickets during his team’s crucial Super 12 encounter against New Zealand in Dubai.
• Martin Guptill became Rashid’s 400th victim in T20 cricket.
• Rashid joined an elite list of cricketers as he picked up his 400th wicket in ongoing New Zealand vs Afghanistan T20 World Cup game.
2. Who has been appointed as the first ever brand ambassador of Bandhan Bank?
A. Zubeen Garg
B. Jagjit Singh
C. Kailash Kher
D. Tony Kakkar
Answer (A) Zubeen Garg
• Bandhan Bank has roped in Indian singer, actor, and composer, Zubeen Garg as its brand ambassador for the Bank in Assam.
• This is the first time ever that Bandhan Bank has onboarded a brand ambassador.
• AS a part of this collaboration, Zubeen has launched a brand-new music video titled ‘Axom Amar Mone Praane’, which highlights the diverse elements of Assamese culture and heritage.
3. Who has become the 1st Woman Coach in men’s franchise cricket?
A. Katherine Brunt
B. Sarah Taylor
C. Holly Colvin
D. Claire Taylor
Answer (B) Sarah Taylor
• Former England wicketkeeper batter Sarah Taylor has become the first woman coach in men’s professional franchise cricket.
• She was named assistant coach of Team Abu Dhabi for the Abu Dhabi T10 league beginning 19 Nov 2021.
• She became the first woman specialist coach at a men’s county side with Sussex in the United Kingdom.
• She played in 10 Tests, 126 ODIs, and 90 T20Is before retiring in 2019.
4. Which airport has been declared as the ‘Major Airport’ by the Central Government recently?
A. Bhopal Airport
B. Pune Airport
C. Srinagar Airport
D. Jammu Airport
Answer (C) Srinagar Airport
• The Ministry of Civil Aviation on 6th November, has declared the Srinagar International airport as a “Major Airport”.
• The following development has come into effect under subsection (1) of Section 2 of the Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India Act, 2008.
• Notably, on October 23, Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated international flight operations at Srinagar airport.
• Shah inaugurated the first direct international flight between Srinagar and Sharjah and United Arab Emirates (UAE) there.
5. Who among the following as has topped in the Global Approval Rating?
A. Joe Biden
B. Narendra Modi
C. Boris Johnson
D. Lopez Obrador
Answer (B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has once again topped the global approval rating and emerged as the most popular leader with 70% approval rate among 13 world leaders including US President Joe Biden.
- This is the third time this year that PM Modi emerged with the highest approval rating in the polls conducted by Morning Consult Political Intelligence.
- While the latest approval rating has been updated in the first week of November, in September too, PM Modi had a 70% approval rating, the highest among 13 world leaders.
6. Recently, ADB has approved $61 Million Loan for Urban Development in
Answer (D) Agartala
• The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $61 million(~INR 453 Crore) loan under ‘Agartala City Urban Development Project’ to improve livability, harness technology, and promote new developments to accommodate the expanding population in the city of Agartala, Tripura.
• The Agartala City Urban Development Project will build and upgrade 48 kilometers (km) of new or existing stormwater drainage and construct 23 km of climate-resilient urban roads.
7. Which state will host the Women’s National Football Championship from November 25 to December 9?
A. West Bengal
Answer (C) Kerala
• The All India Football Federation (AIFF) approved Kerala as the venue for the women’s national championship to be held from November 25 to December 9.
• The senior women’s nationals will be held in three venues and five stadium.
• The executive committee also appreciated the efforts of Odisha and Jharkhand, saying both the states have been providing “exemplary support”.
8. Who has introduced the new book ‘The Sage with Two Horns: Unusual Tales from Mythology’?
A. Ajay Sharma
B. Prateek Sinha
C. Sudha Murty
D. Rajnish Kumar
Answer (C) Sudha Murty
• Renowned Indian author Sudha Murty has come out with her latest book for children titled “The Sage with Two Horns”, revolving around lesser known facts of Indian mythology.
• The new book is the fifth and final in the series of ‘Unusual Tales from mythology’, all of which features tales about kings and queens, gods and goddesses, sages and extraordinary men and women of wisdom.
• The book has been published by Puffin and has illustrations by Priyankar Gupta.
9. India is set to have seven additional entry and exit points for trade, with which country?
D. Sri Lanka
Answer (B) Bhutan
• India and Bhutan will have seven additional entry and exit points for trade as part of measures to increase trade connectivity.
• These include Nagarkata Land Customs Station, Agartala Land Customs Station, Pandu port (Guwahati Steamerghat), Jogighopa port, Asian Highway 48 connecting Torsha Tea Garden in India and Ahllay in Bhutan among others.
10. Which Vice Admiral has taken over as the Chief of Staff of the Western Naval Command?
A. Rajendra Mehta
B. Krishna Swaminathan
C. Sudhakar Joshi
D. Satish Namdeo
Answer (B) Krishna Swaminathan
• Vice Admiral Krishna Swaminathan assumed charge as Chief of Staff of the Western Naval Command on 04 Nov 21.
• Commissioned into the Indian Navy on July 1, 1987, Admiral Swaminathan specialises in communication and electronic warfare.
• On promotion to the flag rank, he served as the Chief Staff Officer (Training) at Headquarters Southern Naval Command, Kochi and played a key role in the conduct of all training in the Indian Navy. He was simultaneously instrumental in raising the Indian Navy Safety Team that oversees operational safety across all verticals of the Navy.
11. Which state has developed India’s 1st cricket bat made of bamboo?
Answer (C) Tripura
- Tripura Chief Minister of Tripura, Biplab Deb was presented with Bamboo bats and stumps made by the BCDI, Agartala, under the mentorship of NECTAR.
- Bamboo bat is made up of bamboo glue board technology which is a substitute of wood and a sustainable material.
- Bamboo and Cane Development Institute (BCDI) of Tripura along with North East Centre of Technology Application and Reach (NECTAR) claimed to have developed the country’s first-ever bamboo made cricket bat maintaining all the standard protocols used for manufacturing cricket bats.
12. Which bank has launched the first ‘Video life certificate service’ for pensioners?
A. Punjab National Bank
B. Canara Bank
C. State Bank of India
D. Bank of Baroda
Answer (C)State Bank of India
• The State Bank of India (SBI) has launched the first ‘Video life certificate service’ for pensioners.
• This new facility will allow pensioners to submit their life certificates through video from their homes.
• As per the SBI, this facility is available for only pensioners and spouse of the pensioner receiving a pension will not be able to use this facility.
• The process of video life certificate is paperless and also available free of cost.
13. Who has won the Nelson Mandela Nobel Peace Prize 2021?
A. Narottam Garg
B. Prateek Sinha
C. Ajay Kumar Sharma
D. Juan Santos
Answer (C) Ajay Kumar Sharma
• Nelson Mandela Nobel Peace Award Academy presented “Nelson Mandela Nobel Peace Award 2021” to Ajay Kumar Sharma, Managing Director, Moral Group of Companies, at a Charitable Event held on 30th, October at Hotel Sahara Star, Mumbai.
• The Nelson Mandela Nobel Peace Award Academy is one of the finest Academies in India.
14. Who has been appointed as the CEO of Microsoft GitHub?
A. Julia Luison
B. Thomas Dohmke
C. Mohit Suri
D. Firoz Ahmed
Answer (B) Thomas Dohmke
• Microsoft-owned open-source developer platform GitHub has elevated Thomas Dohmke as CEO of the platform, at a time when development is moving to the cloud and artificial intelligence (AI).
• Thomas Dohmke, currently chief product officer, will replace Nat Friedman from November 15, who will move into the role of chairman emeritus.
• Dohmke joined GitHub in 2018 after leading the acquisition by Microsoft with Friedman.
15. Which Indian musician has been awarded a Doctorate by Mother Teresa University?
A. Aditya Narayan
B. Shirley Setia
C. Palak Muchhal
D. Jasleen Royal
Answer (A) Aditya Narayan
• Singer Aditya Narayan has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the St. Mother Teresa University for Digital Educational Excellence & Sustainability Development.
• Singer Aditya Narayan took to his Instagram and shared that he had been awarded an honorary doctorate in playback singing and acting for the Nelson Mandela Nobel Peace Award.
• St. Mother Teresa University for Digital Educational Excellence & Sustainability Development Accredited by JBR Harvard, USA Affiliated to Cambridge Distance school of education, UK.
Leave a Comment