8th September Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Who has won the 22nd Dubai Open chess tournament?
A. Aravindh Chithambaram
B. Alexandr Predke
C. Abhijeet Gupta
D. Jaykumar Sammed
• Indian Grandmaster Aravindh Chithambaram has won the 22nd Dubai Open chess tournament with 7.5 points from nine rounds.
• Chithambaram defeated R Praggnanandhaa in the ninth and final round.
• Seven Indians finished in the top 10 at the tournament with R Praggnanandhaa sharing the second spot with five others.
2) Which city has been joined in the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities (GNLC)?
• Warangal from Telangana and Thrissur and Nilambur from Kerala have joined the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities (GNLC).
• 77 cities from 44 countries joined the list recently, which includes 294 cities from all around the world.
• The cities have been included in recognition of their outstanding efforts to promote lifelong learning across their communities at local level.
• The UNESCO GNLC was launched in 2013 by the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning. The key objective of UNESCO GNLC was to promote social cohesion, economic development and sustainability in urban areas.
3) Which state has won the first rank in the implementation of Poshan Abhiyan Scheme?
A. Andhra Pradesh
• NITI Aayog has released a report titled "Preserving Progress on Nutrition in India: Poshan Abhiyan in Pandemic Times".
• As per the report, Maharashtra won the top rank among states in the implementation of the Poshan Abhiyaan Scheme.
• Anhdra Pradesh came second and Gujarat is at the third rank.
• Sikkim was the best performer among the small states.
• While Dadar and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu topped among Union Territories (UTs), Punjab and Bihar were the lowest performers among larger states in terms of the overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyaan, as per the government think tank report.
4) Bharat Jodo Yatra by the Congress party will cover how many states?
A. 20 states
B. 11 states
C. 15 states
D. 12 states
• Bharat Jodo Yatra which has been launched by the Congress party leader Rahul Gandhi will cover total 12 states.
• The pad yatra begin on September 7 from Kanyakumari and will culminate in Jammu and Kashmir.
• Bharat Jodo Yatra will cover a distance of 3,500 kms over the course of about 150 days.
• It is the first-ever national-level foot march which will be officially launched by Rahul Gandhi with keeping an eye on the 2024 General Elections.
5) Indian Origin Suella Braverman has been appointed as the Home Secretary of which country?
A. United Kingdom
B. United States
• Suella Braverman of Indian origin has been appointed as the Home Secretary of the United Kingdom by Prime
• Minister Liz Truss.
• Suella Braverman is a British politician and a barrister who from 2020 to 2022 served as the Attorney General for England and Wales.
• She is the daughter of Hindu Tamil mother Uma and Goanorigin father Christie Fernandes.
6) “International Literacy Day” is observed every year on -
A. 5th September
B. 6th September
C. 7th September
D. 8th September
• International Literacy Day is observed globally on 8th September every year.
• The day spread awareness about the importance of literacy for individuals, communities, and societies and the need for intensified efforts towards more literate societies.
• Theme 2022: "Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces"
• The 8th of September was proclaimed International Literacy Day by UNESCO in 1966. It was celebrated for the first time in 1967.
7) Sanjay Verma has been appointed as India’s next high commissioner to -
• Senior diplomat Sanjay Kumar Verma has been appointed as India’s next high commissioner to Canada.
• He is a 1988 batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service and is currently the ambassador of India to Japan.
• He has also served as Consul General of India in Milan, Italy.
• While Amit Kumar currently Consulate General of India in Chicago, has been named the next ambassador to the Republic of Korea.
8) Governmenthas approved an Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) in which city?
C. New Delhi
• The government has approved an Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) in Pune at a cost of Rs 500 crore.
• The proposal, approved by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, is expected to attract investments of up to Rs 2,000 crore.
• The cluster will be set up over an area of 297 acres
9) ‘Indira Gandhi Shehari Rojgar Guarantee Yojana’ is an initiative of which state/UT?
D. New Delhi
• Rajasthan is set to launch the India’s first employment guarantee scheme for the urban poor named Indira Gandhi Shehari Rojgar Guarantee Yojana.
• It will start on September 9th with a budget of Rs 800 crore.
• The scheme aims to provide 100 days of guaranteed employment to the urban poor, especially those who lost their jobs during the Covid-19 pandemic.
10) Which private bank has been selected by the RBI for the test phase for their "Offline Retail Payments"?
A. Axis Bank
B. ICICI Bank
C. HDFC Bank
• Reserve Bank of India has announced that HDFC Bank and Precision Biometric India Pvt. Ltd has been selected for the test phase of the ‘On Tap’ application facilities for the theme ‘Retail Payments’ under the Regulatory Sandbox.
• HDFC Bank is selected for its 'Offline Retail Payments', while Precision Biometric India Pvt chosen for its 'InnaIT Key Solution for Banking'.
• The opening of the 'On Tap' application facility for the theme 'Retail Payments' was announced by RBI in October 2021.
11) Who has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Madras High Court?
A. Anita Sumanth
B. M Duraiswamy
C. Paresh Upadhyay
D. R. Suresh Kumar
• President Draupadi Murmu has appointed Justice M Duraiswamy as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court.
• M Duraiswamy was the senior judge of the Madras High Court.
• He will be preceded by Chief Justice of Madras High Court Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari.
• Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari on had taken the charge as the acting Chief Justice of the Madras High Court in November 2021.
12) Which company has appointed Mahesh Vishwanathan Iyer as the new chairman?
A. Tata Power
B. Mahanagar Gas Limited
C. Petronet LNG Ltd
D. Indraprastha Gas Limited
• State-run city gas utility, Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL), has appointed Mahesh Vishwanathan Iyer as the company’s new chairman.
• Iyer was director (Business Development) with GAIL (India) Limited till last month.
• Gail is the promoter of Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL).
• Iyer is an electrical engineer with more than 36 years of experience in the execution of projects in the areas of gas pipelines, LNG terminals, city gas distribution projects, renewables etc, amounting to Rs.40,000 crore.
13) Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Dabur Red Paste?
A. Akshay Kumar
B. Anupam Well
C. Amitabh Bachchan
D. Shahrukh Khan
• Dabur India has rolled out a campaign featuring actor Amitabh Bachan its newly appointed brand ambassador to spread awareness of its oral care brand Red Paste.
• In the TVC, Bachchan plays a double role, that of a science man and an ayurveda expert, where he talks about Dabur Red Paste as the perfect blend of modern science and Ayurveda.