1. Which state government has decided to declare 10th November as a Public Holiday on account of Chhath Puja?
Answer (C) Delhi
• The Delhi government has decided to declare 10th November as a public holiday on account of Chhath Puja.
• Delhi Disaster Management Authority, DDMA said in an order that this decision was taken as Chhath Puja is an important festival for the people of Delhi.
• Delhi Government had earlier allowed Chhath Puja celebrations at designated sites in the national capital except Yamuna River bank and outside containment zones with requisite permission from the district magistrate.
2. Who will be conferred with Padma Bhushan on November 9th?
A. Kapil Tiwari
B. Tarlochan Singh
C. Usha Yadav
D. Sridhar Vembu
Answer (B) Tarlochan Singh
• Former President Giani Zail Singh’s Press Secretary Tarlochan Singh will be conferred with India’s third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan on November 9th.
• Born on July 28, 1933, in Jhelum, now in Pakistan, Tarlochan Singh has vast administrative experience having served in various capacities in Punjab and Central governments.
• Tarlochan Singh was elected to Rajya Sabha in 2004. He has also served as the Chairman of the National Commission for Minorities (with the status of Union Cabinet Minister from 2003-06). He served as Press Secretary to the President of India from 1983 to 1987.
3. Which country’s judge Hilary Charlesworth has been elected to the International Court of Justice?
D. New Zealand
Answer (C) Australia
• Veteran Australian judge Hilary Charlesworth has been elected to the International Court of
• Justice (ICJ).
• She will replace James Crawford, who died in May 2021 and had been on the Court since 2014.
• She will serve the remainder of Mr. Crawford’s nineyear term, which has some two years remaining.
• Professor Charlesworth has become the fifth women judge ever at the ICJ.
4. Who will chair the Technology Innovation Group on 6G formed by the Department of Telecom?
A. K Rajaraman
B. Shankar Gupta
C. Ronit Arora
D. Praveen Shah
Answer (A) K Rajaraman
• The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), under the Ministry of Communications, has formed a technology innovation group on the Sixth Generation (6G), to take lead in the development of 6G Technology globally.
• K. Rajaraman, Chairman Digital Communications Commission & Secretary (Telecom) has been named the chairperson of the initiative.
• Technology Innovation Group is a 22 member group.
5. Which country is set to provide “India Green Guarantee” to the World Bank, to finance green projects?
Answer (B) UK
• The UK will provide an “India Green Guarantee” to the World Bank, to unlock 750 million pounds for green projects across India.
• This was announced at the COP26 summit in Glasgow.
• The green guarantee financing will support clean and resilient infrastructure in sectors including clean energy, transport and urban development.
• UK committed over 210 million pounds at the UN climate summit under the Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG).
6. Xavi Hernandez has been appointed as the Head Coach of which football club?
A. FC Madrid
B. FC Sevilla
C. FC Barcelona
D. FC Valencia
Answer (C) FC Barcelona
• FC Barcelona has reached an agreement with Xavi Hernandez for him to become the first-team coach for the rest of the current season and two more seasons.
• Xavi Hernandez has left his current club, Al-Sadd of Qatar.
• Xavi is a legend at FC Barcelona and his 767 appearances for the senior team were a record until he was surpassed recently by Leo Messi (778).
7. Which medal has been won by the Air Pistol mixed team in the President’s Cup by Manu Bhaker and Foroughi?
D. None of these
Answer (C) Gold
• India’s woman pistol star Manu Bhaker and Iranian Olympic champion Javad Foroughi has won the 10m air pistol mixed team gold at the inaugural ISSF President’s Cup on November 05, 2021 at the Wroclaw in Poland.
• The Indo-Iranian pair beat French-Russian duo of Mathilde Lamolle and Artem Chernousov 16-8 to clinch the gold medal.
• A seven-member Indian contingent is participating in the ISSF President’s Cup.
8. Which state government has launched “Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana”?
Answer (D) Assam
• Under Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana, around 15,000 students have enrolled for coaching classes in the year 2021.
• This scheme was launched by Delhi Government. It was launched for various competitive exams at some private centres.
• It covers children belonging to economically poor background and marginalised communities.
• Besides free coaching, students will also be provided travel stipend amount of ₹2,500 by Delhi government.
9. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has created ‘Single Window Filming mechanism’, along with which Ministry?
A. Ministry of Defence
B. Ministry of Railways
C. Ministry of Culture
D. Ministry of Cooperation
Answer (B) Ministry of Railways
• An integrated Single Window Filming mechanism has been created by the Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
• The objective of the scheme is to make the permission for filming across Railways premises easier and more efficient.
• Under the mechanism, filmmakers can submit online applications for filming at various railway locations under jurisdiction of any zonal railways in a centralized way.
10. ‘STRIVE’ is World Bank funded project being implemented by which Union Ministry?
A. Ministry of Skill Development
B. Ministry of Education
C. Ministry of Culture
D. Ministry of Labour and Employment
Answer (A) Ministry of Skill Development
• Skills Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) is a World Bank funded project approved in 2016 for a total cost of ₹2200 crore.
• The project aims to create awareness through industry clusters to address issues pertaining to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
• The STRIVE program was launched in Manguluru, through Kanara Industries Association-Industrial Cluster.
11. Which campaign has been announced by the Government of India for carrying out doorstep COVID vaccination?
A. Ghar Ghar Vaccination
B. Har Ghar Dastak
C. Cross-country drive
D. Ghar Ghar Teekakaran
Answer (B) Har Ghar Dastak
• The Centre has launched a mega vaccination campaign- ‘Har Ghar Dastak’ with a view to speed up Covid -19 vaccination drive, from 1 November 2021.
• Under the campaign, healthcare workers in all the states will visit door-to-door to vaccinate people eligible for second dose and also those who have not taken the first dose.
• More than 106 crore 34 lakh vaccine doses have been administered so far.
12. Which company has established satellite broadband branch “Starlink” in India?
Answer (A) SpaceX
• SpaceX founder Elon Musk is looking forward to making his way in India by setting up broadband services in rural India.
• As per sources, SpaceX’s branch of satellite broadband, “Starlink” is planning to collaborate with Indian telecom companies to expand broadband services in rural areas.
• Reportedly, Starlink has over 5,000 pre-orders from India and the company charges a deposit fee of ₹7,350 per customer which is $99.
13. Who has authored a new book titled “An Economist at Home and Abroad: A Personal Journey”?
A. Arvind Virmani
B. Shankar Acharya
C. Kaushik Basu
D. Raghuram Rajan
Answer (B) Shankar Acharya
• Noted Economist and former Chief Economic Adviser to the Government of India, Dr Shankar
• Acharya has authored a new book titled “An Economist at Home and Abroad: A Personal Journey”.
• The book features the professional and personal life of the most accomplished policy economist Dr Shankar Acharya.
• The book is published by HarperCollins India.