1) India’s 1st Flow Chemistry Technology Hub set up at –
• Government of Telangana in collaboration with the pharmaceuticals majors Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory and Laurus Labs along with academia has set up India’s first-of-its-kind Flow Chemistry Technology Hub (FCT Hub) at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) Hyderabad, Telangana.
• The hub will facilitate the pharmaceutical research and development (R&D) and adoption of continuous synthesis for making Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
• Aim: To incorporate and promote efficient and sustainable technologies in the pharmaceutical sector.
2) India’s 1st tribal health observatory will be set up in –
• Government of Odisha has set up India’s first Tribal Health Observatory (TriHOb), which acts as a repository on the health of the tribal population in the state.
• This will be India’s only tribal health observatory.
• An MoU was signed between the ST and SC Development Department and the Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar, Odisha, a regional centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research.
• It will perform systematic and ongoing observation on disease burden, health-seeking behaviour and healthcare delivery system pertaining to tribal health in the state.
3) Which state has become the 1st to reach 10 GW Solar state?
A. Uttar Pradesh
• According to Mercom’s India Solar Project Tracker, Rajasthan became the first state in India to reach 10 GW of cumulative large-scale solar installations.
• The state has a total installed power capacity of 32.5 GW, with renewables accounting for 55 percent, thermal energy for 43 percent, and nuclear energy accounting for the remaining 2%.
• Solar is the most common energy source, accounting for roughly 36 percent of total capacity and 64 percent of renewables.
• The thermal contribution was largest in the first quarter of FY 2021-22.
4) Which State/UT has recorded the Highest sex ratio of 1104 at birth in the country in 2020?
• The Union Territory of Ladakh (1104) recorded the highest sex ratio at birth in the country in 2020, followed by Arunachal Pradesh (1011), A&N Islands (984), Tripura (974), and Kerala (969), according to the annual report on Vital Statistics based on 2020 Civil Registration System report.
• Lowest sex ratio at birth was reported by Manipur (880), followed by Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (898), Gujarat (909), Haryana (916) and Madhya Pradesh (921).
• The report is published by the Registrar General of India (Ministry of Home Affairs).
5) Which country was scheduled to host Asian Games 2022?
C. South Korea
• Asian Games 2022, which were due to take place in September 2022 in Hangzhou, China have been postponed until an unspecified date.
• Though no reason has been given for the indefinite postponement of the event, the resurgence of the COVID19 cases in China is expected to be the key cause.
• Hangzhou will be the third Chinese city to host the Asian Games, after Beijing in 1990 and Guangzhou in 2010.
6) Who has won the World Food Prize 2022 from the World Food Prize Foundation?
A. Rizwana Hasan
B. Cynthia Rosenzweig
C. Francis Kéré
D. Dennis Sullivan
• A senior research scientist and head of the Climate Impacts Group at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, Cynthia Rosenzweig has received the 2022 World Food Prize from the World Food Prize Foundation.
• Rosenzweig was selected for the award for her research to understand the relationship between climate and food systems and forecast how both will change in the future.
• Rosenzweig has been a research scientist at NASA GISS and head of the Climate Impacts Group since 1994. Her research focuses on improving models and assessments of how climate change will affect agriculture and the food supply in the future.
7) Which Indian Tokyo Olympian has been suspended after positive for drug?
A. Bajrang Punia
B. Dutee Chand
C. Ravi Kumar Dahiya
D. Kamalpreet Kaur
• India’s star Tokyo Olympian, Kamalpreet Kaur, who had reached the finals of the women’s discus throw event at the Tokyo Olympics 2020, has been provisionally suspended by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) after testing positive for a banned drug.
• She had finished a commendable sixth in the women’s discus throw final at Tokyo Olympics 2020 with a best throw of 63.70m.
• The 26-year-old is also a national record holder with a throw of 66.59m at the Indian Grand Prix.
8) A fatal case of Shigella bacteria was reported recently in Indian states?
A. Tamil Nadu
• A teenage girl passed away earlier this week after eating Shawarma from an eatery in Kasargod, Kerala.
• The state health department identified Shigella bacteria as the main cause of food poisoning.
• Several others have also been admitted to the hospital in the district after eating shawarma from the same eatery.
• Shigella is one of the major bacterial causes of diarrhea worldwide. Shigella bacteria directly affects the intestine. The person infected with Shigella experiences diarrhoea, sometimes bloody, fever, stomach pain and constant vomiting.
9) Which state launched ‘Vehicle Movement Tracking System’ mobile app to track movement of sand, mining vehicles?
B. West Bengal
• Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched a Vehicle Movement Tracking System (VMTS) mobile app to track the vehicles carrying sand and other mining material.
• The app will be used at different checkpoints in all the districts of Haryana.
• All vehicle details including vehicle type, vehicle number, moving from, moving to, and driver details will be stored in it.
• The non-registered individual will not be permitted to enter the zone of sand mining.
10) Who has become the 1st Indian woman to scale 5-peaks above 8,000m?
A. Arunima Sinha
B. Bachendri Pal
C. Priyanka Mohite
D. Shivangi Pathak
• Priyanka Mohite has become the first Indian woman climber to scale five peaks above 8,000 metres.
• She achieved the major feat after climbing Mount Kanchenjunga (8,586m), the third-highest mountain peak in the world, on May 5, 2022.
• In April 2021, Priyanka Mohite became the first Indian woman climber to scale Mt Annapurna (8,091 m). Mt Annapurna is the 10th highest mountain peak in the world.
• In 2013, she climbed the world’s highest peak Mount Everest (8,849m).
11) Who has been appointed as the new head of public policy of Google?
A. Archana Gulati
B. Sangeeta Singh
C. Sahas Malhotra
D. None of these
• Internet major Google has appointed former joint secretary at NITI Aayog Archana Gulati as head of public policy in India.
• Gulati was looking after digital communications policy matters at Niti Aayog and took voluntary retirement in April last year.
• Gulati also headed the combinations division at Competition Commission of India and advised the commission on competition issues arising from mergers and acquisitions.
• She was an officer on special duty in the telecom secretary office from May 2017 to August 2019.