1)What is India’s position on the “Under-15 Asian Wrestling Championship”?
• Iran clinched Asia Title in the Under-15 Asian Wrestling Championship while Kazakhstan was runner-up.
• India secured 3rd place with 172 Points.
• The Indian Under-15 Greco Roman Wrestling Team clinched two gold, two silver and four bronze medals in the Championship being held at Bahrain.
• Sachin in the 68 kg and Abhay in the 72 kg bagged gold medals in their respective categories.
2) What is India’s current position in the ICC World Test Championship Points Table 2022?
• Pakistan has overtaken India in the ICC World Test Championship Points Table 2022 after India was penalised for slow over-rate in the Edgbaston Test against England.
• India has dropped to the fourth spot with 52.08 points percentage in the World Test Championship Points Table 2022 due to the points penalty, while Pakistan now stands at the third spot with 52.38 points percentage.
• Australia and South Africa continue to occupy the top two positions respectively and are looking good for making the final in this second cycle of World Test Championship.
3) Which city will host a world-class Shopping Festival in 2023?
• Delhi will host a world-class ‘Delhi Shopping Festival’ from January 28 to February 26, 2023.
• This announcement was made by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in a live address on July 6, 2022.
• The Delhi CM said that the 30-day Delhi shopping festival will be the biggest shopping festival in India.
• It will offer people an unparalleled shopping experience with heavy discounts.
4) Which institution has launched a portal named ‘Pariksha Sangam’?
• The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has launched a new portal named Pariksha Sangam.
• The portal will act as a one-stop destination for all examrelated activities, which will include term results and more.
• It has 3 parts – Schools (Ganga), Regional Offices (Yamuna) and Head Office (Saraswati)
5) Neelachal Ispat Nigam Ltd (NINL) was handed over to which Indian conglomerate group?
B. Tata Group
C. Adani Group
D. L&T Group
• The privatisation of Neelachal Ispat Nigam Ltd (NINL) was completed as it has been handed over to Tata
Steel Long Products (TSLP).
• NINL is the second successful privatisation by the government, after Air India which was also bought by Tata Group.
• NINL, which is a joint venture of 4 CPSEs named MMTC, NMDC, BHEL, MECON and 2 Odisha government PSUs- OMC and IPICOL.
6) Central Government has approved a mega cluster of Mangoes in which city?
• Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said the Centre has approved a mega cluster of mangoes in Lucknow and ₹100 crore will be spent on it in the next five years.
• He also said that the Mangoes in this cluster will be known as ‘Kakori brand’.
• The Chief Minister announced this during the inauguration of ‘Uttar Pradesh Mango Mahotsav2022’ released the Lucknow Mango Festival Souvenir-2022 and honoured progressive farmers of the state.
7) World’s most powerful particle collider “Large Hadron Collider” has been located in –
• The world’s most powerful particle collider, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), is set to function from July this year.
• It was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research located in Geneva.
• LHC is a giant & complex machine, that have been built to study about particles, which are smallest building blocks of things.
• It is a 27-km-long track-loop, that has been installed 100 metres below the ground on Swiss-French border.
8) Which state’s cabinet has approved the identification of five indigenous Muslim communities?
D. West Bengal
• Assam cabinet has approved identification of five communities as indigenous Assamese Muslim communities.
• These include Moria, Goria, Jolah, Deshi and Syed.
• The move is in line with the recommendation subgroups/Committees constituted by State Government.
• Muslims comprise 34% of the 3.12 crore population of Assam, of which 4% are indigenous Assamese Muslims and the remaining are mostly Bengalispeaking Muslims.
9) Which country has developed “CoVarScan” rapid test for detect ‘SARS-CoV-2’?
C. South Korea
• Scientists in the US have developed a rapid Covid-19 test that can accurately detect all current variants of SARS-CoV2 within hours named “CoVarScan”.
• What is CoVarScan? The test identifies the signature of eight hotspots on the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It can differentiate between Delta, Omicron, Lambda and Mu variants of COVID-19 within hours.
• SARS-CoV-2 — was first reported in Wuhan, China in December 2019. It has since spread to every country around the world.
10) India signed an MoU on High Impact Community Development Projects in which country?
• India and Armenia signed an MoU on High Impact Community Development Projects in Armenia with financial & technical assistance from India.
• The MoU was signed at the 8th IndiaArmenia Intergovernmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological, Cultural and Educational Cooperation (IGC) held in Yerevan.
• Secretary (West) Ministry of External Affairs, Sanjay Verma led the Indian delegation. The Armenian delegation was led by the Armenian Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan.
• The 7th IGC was held in April 2016 and the 6th IGC and FOC were held in New Delhi on 25 September 2013.
11) Which bank has partnered with Haryana Government for distribution of Mobile Phones through e-UPI?
A. RBL Bank
B. Indian Bank
C. IDBI Bank
D. Bandhan Bank
• Indian Bank has signed a pact with the Government of Haryana towards distribution of mobile phones to consumers through e-Unified Payment Interface (UPI) system.
• Under the agreement, the bank would provide e-upi coupons to beneficiaries.
• The coupons can be redeemed without any credit or debit card and the customers can avail a mobile phone from a designated vendor.
12) Which INS has took part in the 28th edition of Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) exercise?
A. INS Teg
B. INS Sahyadri
C. INS Shivalik
D. INS Satpura
• At Pearl Harbour in Hawaii, the indigenous Frigate INS Satpura and the P8I LRMRASW aircraft are taking part in the largest multilateral Naval Exercises, the Rim of the Pacific exercise (RIMPAC). The theme of RIMPAC 2022 is “Capable, Adaptive,Partners.”
• The P8I aircraft arrived in Hawaii on July 2, while Satpura arrived on June 27.
• The multi-dimensional exercise involves 26 countries, 38 warships, 9 land forces, 31 unmanned systems, 170 aircraft, and more than 25,000 personnel.
13) The 3rd International Drone Expo is being organized in –
C. New Delhi
• The third International Drone Expo is being organized at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
• It is being organized from 06-07 July 2022.
• Nexgen Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd. is its organiser. It is a platform to connect with buyers and industry stakeholders.
• It is a display of capabilities, Drone & Anti Drone/UAV and Unmanned Systems for various applications.
• It is supported by the Electronic Security Association of India.
• 2nd International Drone Expo was held on 18-19 August 2021 in New Delhi.
14) Who has won Gold medal in the Women’s 81kg category in the Florda Boxing Cup 2022?
A. Jeet Toshi
B. Alfiya Pathan
D. Jamuna Boro
• The reigning Indian Youth World champions Alfiya Pathan and Gitika won gold medals after sensational
• performances in the Elorda Cup in Kazakhstan’s capital NurSultan on July 4, 2022.
• Indian female boxers Kalaivani Srinivasan and Jamuna Boro have won silver medals.
• Gitika defeated Kalaivani in the finals of the women’s 48-kg category.
• The Indian contingent has won a total of 14 medals.Both Alfiya and Gitika bagged prize money of $700 for their gold medals.
15) Who has been appointed as the President of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)?
A. Yogesh Singh
B. Dinesh Singh
C. Suranjan Das
D. Neelam Sanjiva
• Jadavpur University Vice-Chancellor Suranjan Das was appointed the president of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• Suranjan Das, an eminent historian, was appointed the vice-president of AIU a year ago.
16) Who has won the Fields Medal 2022 Award?
A. Daina Taimina
B. Maryna Viazovska
C. Ruth Lawrence
D. Claire Voisin
• Ukrainian maths professor, Maryna Viazovska, who won the top mathematics prize, the Fields Medal 2022.
• Viazovska and three other mathematicians received the Fields Medal, dubbed the Nobel prize in maths, in Helsinki after the ceremony was moved from Saint Petersburg to the Finnish capital in response to Moscow’s war.
• Maryna is only the second woman to receive the award, which is awarded to mathematicians under 40, since it was created in 1936.
17) “International Chocolate Day” is observed every year on
A. 4th July
B. 5th July
C. 6th July
D. 7th July
• World Chocolate Day or International Chocolate Day is observed on 7th July every year.
• The day celebrates the existence of chocolate in our lives.
• It is marked by eating chocolates and sharing with dear ones.
• World Chocolate Day was first celebrated in the year 2009.
• However, some even believe that people started marking July 7 as International Chocolate Day because it was the day when chocolate was first introduced to Europe in 1550.
Leave a Comment