1. “Desert Warrior” exercise was conducted between India and which country?
Answer (A) Egypt
• Air forces of India and Egypt conducted a two-day exercise at the latter’s El Berigat airbase to enhance mutual understanding and share operational experience.
• The exercise, called ‘Desert Warrior’, was conducted on October 30 and October 31.
• In December 2019, then Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria had visited Egypt and met Air Marshal Mohamed Abbas Helmy, the Commander-in-Chief of Egypt Air Force, to boost cooperation between the two services.
2. US state of Georgia has announced to celebrate which Indian language as ‘Rajyotsava Day’?
Answer (B) Kannada
• The Governor of Georgia, Brian P. Kemp, has announced that November 1 will be observed as ‘Kannada Language and Rajyotsava Day’.
• Georgia had become the first state in the U.S. to issue such a proclamation for Kannada.
• Karnataka is set to celebrate Kannada Rajyotsava.
• Georgia houses one of the biggest Indian diaspora in the U.S.
• Kannada is one of the longest-surviving classical languages, with a rich literature and inscriptions dating back to 450 BCE.
3. Which Indian cricketer has become the 1st to sign up for Big Bash League?
A. Unmukt Chand
B. Ishan Kishan
C. Saurav Tiwari
D. Manish Pandey
Answer (A) Unmukt Chand
• Unmukt Chand became the first Indian male cricketer to sign for the Big Bash League (BBL) in Australia.
• Chand will turn up for the Melbourne Renegades, the club announced on 4th November 2021.
• Chand, the captain of India’s 2012 U19 World Cup- winning team, had announced his retirement from Indian cricket in August this year stating that he would explore ‘better opportunities from around the world.’
• Chand is currently based in the United States. He will enter the tournament high on confidence, after being named player of the tournament as his Silicon Valley Strikers won the Minor League Cricket title last month.
4. Recently, Which mission has been included in the Guinness Book of World Records?
A. Aatmanirbhar Bharat Mission
B. Swachh Bharat Mission
C. National Mission for Clean Ganga
D. None of these
Answer (C) National Mission for Clean Ganga
• On the first day of Ganga Utsav (The River Festival 2021), National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) got registered in the Guinness Book of World Records.
• It was registered in the Guinness Book because record number of photos of handwritten notes were uploaded on Facebook in an hour.
• The Ganga Utsav event was organised to raise awareness on Ganga rejuvenation as well as to provide impetus to the reach of the event.
• Ganga Utsav, event to celebrate the glory of river Ganga, is celebrated by the National Mission for Clean Ganga, which is implemented by the National Ganga Council (NGC).
5. Which bird has been declared as the state bird of UT of Jammu & Kashmir?
B. White pigeon
C. Kalij Pheasant
D. Black-necked Crane
Answer (C) Kalij Pheasant
• The J&K Government has declared Kalij Pheasant as bird of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
• Department of Forest, Ecology and Environment issued an order in this regard after the approval of the Lieutenant Governor of J&K.
• The bird Kalij Pheasant, is widely found particularly in Mansar, Surinsar, Jasrota and Bhaderwah areas and is also known as Lophura Leucomelanos.
• After the bifurcation of the State, Black-necked Crane is now declared as the state bird of Ladakh as it found only in Eastern Ladakh.
6. How many museums has been inaugurated in Manipur to protect the culture of ethnic tribes?
Answer (D) 29
• In Manipur, with a vision to preserve and showcase the rich culture, tradition, art and crafts of various tribes of Manipur, 29 Tribal Museums constructed at ten different districts of the State were inaugurated on 3rd November.
• Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh virtually inaugurated these museums at a function held at CM Secretariat Imphal.
• The State government decided to construct a total of 31 tribal museums in the State under the aegis of Manipur State Archaeology.
7. Which state government has announced to start the census of Indus River Dolphin?
Answer (B) Punjab
• The state of Punjab is set to start the Census of one of the world’s most threatened cetaceans, Indus River dolphin.
• Indus River dolphin is scientifically called as Platanista gangetica minor.
• It is a freshwater dolphin, found in river Beas.
• In 2019, Indus River dolphin was declared as the State aquatic animal of Punjab.
• In the IUCN red list, Indus River dolphin is classified as endangered by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
8. Who has been awarded with the 2021 Booker Prize for “The Promise”?
A. Douglas Stuart
B. Damon Galgut
C. Anna Burns
D. George Saunders
Answer (B) Damon Galgut
• South African writer Damon Galgut has been awarded with the prestigious 2021 Booker Prize for Fiction on November 3, 2021.
• Galgut has won the prize for his novel `The Promise’.
• The Booker Prize for Fiction, (formerly known as the Booker–McConnell Prize (1969–2001) and the Man Booker Prize (2002–2019)), is a literary prize awarded each year for the best original novel written in the English language and published in the United Kingdom. It carries £50,000 prize ($69,000).
9. Which country has became the World’s 1st country to approve a COVID-19 anti-viral pill?
Answer (C) UK
• The United Kingdom on November 4, 2021, became the first country in the world to approve a potentially game-changing COVID-19 anti-viral pill.
• It has been jointly developed by the U.S.-based Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, in a boost to the fight against pandemic.
• This is the first oral antiviral treatment for Coronavirus that has received approval, with the green light coming ahead of the potential US regulatory clearance.
10. Which state has documented the odonate fauna for the first time?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. Andhra Pradesh
Answer (B) Kerala
• A group of entomologists have documented the odonate fauna in the state of Kerala for the first time.
• Kerala is home to 181 species of dragonflies and damselflies. It also nurtures 68 species that are endemic to the Western Ghats.
• According to the study, the odonates of the Western Ghats stands at 207, of which 80 species are endemics.
11. Partha Satpathy has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which country?
Answer (A) Hungary
• Partha Satpathy has been appointed the next Indian Ambassador to Hungary on 3rd November.
• Satpathy is presently serving as the Ambassador of India to Ukraine.
• He is expected to take up the assignment shortly, the Ministry of External Affairs informed.
• Meanwhile, Ajaneesh Kumar has also been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Estonia. (ANI).
12. Indian-origin C.S. Venkatakrishnan has been appointed as the CEO of
B. Royal Bank
C. DBS Group
Answer (A) Barclays
• Indian-American banker C.S. Venkatakrishnan (known as Venkat) has been appointed as the group chief executive (CEO) of the British multinational bank Barclays on November 01, 2021 He replaces Jes Staley, who stepped down recently, after serving the post since 2015.
• Venkat was born in Mysore, Karnataka.
• He joined Barclays in 2016 as chief risk officer and in October 2020 became the head of global markets and co-president of BBPLC.
13. Which Indian COVID-19 vaccine has been approved by the World Health Organization for emergency use?
Answer (A) COVAXIN
• Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin has got WHO approval on 3rd November 2021 as the technical advisory team has recommended the India-made vaccine for emergency use listing for 18 years and above.
• This marks a major victory for India’s journey in vaccination against Covid-19.
• Covaxin is a vaccine, completely ‘made in India’, by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and the Indian Council of Medical Research.
14. Sanjay Bhattacharya has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to which country?
Answer (B) Switzerland
• India has appointed Sanjay Bhattacharyya as its next Ambassador to Switzerland, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) informed on 3rd November.
• Currently, Bhattacharyya is serving as Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, the official statement added.
• Bhattacharyya – an Indian Foreign Service officer of the 1987 batch – is expected to take up the assignment shortly. Earlier, he had also served as India’s Ambassador to Turkey and Egypt.
15. Which country has announced a ban on the use of foreign currencies?
Answer (C) Afghanistan
• Afghanistan’s Taliban announced a ban on the use of foreign currencies on 2nd November 2021, threatening further disruption to an already ailing economy.
• The Taliban organization urged everyone — from shopkeepers to business owners — to conduct all transactions using the national currency, the “Afghani”.