6th July Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Which two states has emerged as the "Best Performers" at the State' Start-up Ranking 2021?
A. Punjab & Goa
B. Gujarat & Karnataka
C. Telangana & Assam
D. Kerala & Odisha
• Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has released states' Startup ranking 2021.
• The ranking has been given to states and UTs under five categories - best performers, top performers, leaders, aspiring leaders and emerging startup ecosystems.
2) India gifts 75 ambulances, 17 school buses to which country?
D. Sri Lanka
India gifted 75 ambulances and 17 school buses to Nepal as part of its ongoing efforts to build on the
“robust and longstanding” partnership between the two countries and help the Himalayan nation bolster its infrastructure in the healthcare and education sectors.
• India’s newly-appointed Ambassador Naveen Srivastava handed over the keys of the vehicles in the presence of Devendra Paudel, Nepal’s Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
• In 2021, India had gifted 39 ambulances equipped with ventilators to Nepal as part of its efforts to help Kathmandu in its fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
3) Which central armed force has launched the Operation "NARCOS"?
• Railway Protection Force launched a month long pan India drive against smuggling of narcotics throughrail, under code name Operation “NARCOS”.
• In the month of June 2022, RPF has recovered various narcotics products worth Rs 7.40 Crores, and arrested 165 persons who were carrying Narcotic Drugs and
• Psychotropic Substances (NDPS).
• RPF has been empowered to conduct search, seizure and arrest under NDPS Act since April 2019.
4) India's 1st Autonomous Navigation facility "TiHAN" has been inaugurated in the campus of -
A. IIT Kharagpur
B. IIT Bombay
C. IIT Hyderabad
D. IIT Kanpur
• India’s first Autonomous Navigation facility, TiHAN was inaugurated by Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for
• Science & Technology at the IIT Hyderabad campus on 4 July.
• Developed at a budget of Rs. 130 crores by the Union Ministry of Science & Technology, TiHAN (Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation) is a multidisciplinary initiative that will make India a globalplayer in the futuristic and next generation ‘smart
• The vision of TiHAN-IITH is to become a global player for next generation smart mobility technologies.
5) As per Hurun India Future Unicorn Index 2022,Which city is the Start-Up Capital of India?
• The Hurun India Future Unicorn Index 2022 was released by Hurun Research Institute recently.
• As per index, India will have 122 new unicorns in next two to four years.
• According to Hurun India’s findings, Bengaluru continues to be start-up capital of India. It is home to 46 probable Unicorns.
6) Who has become the 6th Indian to take 100 wickets in SENA countries?
A. Kuldeep Yadav
B. Jasprit Bumrah
C. Yuzvendra Chahal
D. Hardik Pandya
• Jasprit Bumrah has become the 6th Indian bowler and 5th pacer to take 100 wickets against the SENA
counties on their soil, joining the league of legends like Kapil Dev, Zaheer Khan and Anil Kumble.
• The Indian pacer achieved the feat in the 22nd over of the final innings on Day 4 of India vs England 5th Test by taking the well-set opener Zak Crawley for 46 runs.
• The SENA Countries include South Africa, England New Zealand and Australia.
7) Which state has topped the State Ranking Index for National Food Security Act 2022?
A. Andhra Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
• On July 5, Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal released the ‘State Ranking Index for NFSA’ 2022 during a conference of State Food Ministers on ‘Food and Nutrition Security of India’.
• Odisha has topped the ranking of States for implementation of the National Food Security Act (NFSA), followed by Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
• Among the special category States (the Northeastern States, Himalayan States, and the Island States),Tripura has obtained the first rank. Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim are at the second and third positions.
8) Who will coach India in the first T20I against England?
A. Virender Sehwag
B. VVS Laxman
C. Yuvraj Singh
D. Anil Kumble
• Former India cricketer VVS Laxman is likely to coach India in its first T20I match against England in Southampton on July 7, 2022.
• Laxman is currently serving as the chief of the National Cricket Academy (NCA).
• He had recently coached India during its two-match T20I series against Ireland on July 26 and July 28, which India won 2-0.
9) Which IIT signed an MoU with Greenko to set up school of sustainable science & tech?
A. IIT Madras
B. IIT Kharagpur
C. IIT Hyderabad
D. IIT Roorkee
• Renewable energy major Greenko and IIT Hyderabad have signed an MoU to launch India’s first dedicated school for sustainable science and technology.
• The school will be advancing knowledge in the key thrust areas of climate change mitigation, artificial intelligence and space technology, energy transition
and industrial transformation, circular and regenerative economy among others.
• Greenko is working in consultation with the Ministry of Education, AICTE, NCERT, and NCVET to ensure GSSST both conforms to and advances learning in sustainable science and technology.
10) Who has won the maiden F1 British Grand Prix 2022 at Silverstone?
A. Lewis Hamilton
B. Max Verstappen
C. Sergio Perez
D. Carlos Sainz
• Ferrari driver, Carlos Sainz claimed his maiden Formula One win on his 150th start in a thrilling British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
• He beat Red Bull driver Sergio Perez and Lewis Hamilton for Mercedes.
• World champion, Max Verstappen has finished at the 7th spot for Red Bull.
11) RBI has imposed a penalty of ₹1.05 crore on Kotak Mahindra Bank and ₹1 crore on which bank?
A. Bandhan Bank
B. Federal Bank
C. Axis Bank
D. Induslnd Bank
• Reserve Bank of India on 4 July imposed a monetary penalty of ₹1.05 crore on Kotak Mahindra Bank for noncompliance, related to customer protection, loan
and advances, and other norms.
• The bank also failed to credit eligible amount to Depositor Education and Awareness Fund within the prescribed period.
• Further, IndusInd Bank has been fined ₹1 crore for its failure to adhere to KYC rules.
12) What is the name of the 1st Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Squadron commissioned by Indian Navy?
A. INAS 324 (Kestrels)
B. INAS (Trishul)
C. INAS 180
D. INAS (Triump47)
• Indian Naval Air Squadron 324 was commissioned into the Indian Navy in the presence of Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command at INS Dega, Visakhapatnam.
• The unit is the first Naval Squadron on the Eastern Seaboard operating the indigenously designed and built Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) MK III (MR) helicopters.
• INAS 324 squadron has been named as ‘Kestrels’, after a bird species that has good sensory capabilities, symbolising the role envisaged of the aircraft and the air squadron.
13) Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has inaugurated the 5th Global Film Tourism Conclave in -
A. New Delhi
• Union Minister for Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has inaugurated the 5th Global Film Tourism Conclave (GFTC) in Mumbai on 1st July 2022.
• Theme: “Unleashing the Power of Cinematic Tourism”
• The objective of GFTC is to promote film tourism and to exhibit the tourism potential of destinations. It provides a platform to film commissions, tourism boards etc. to promote their places and services inthe Indian film industry. The first edition of GFTC was organized in 2017.
14) Indian Army has organised the "Suraksha Manthan 2022" in which city?
• Indian Army organized “SURAKSHA MANTHAN 2022” on aspects of Border & Coastal Security in Jodhpur.
• It was organized by the Desert Corps of the Indian Army.
• It was jointly presided by Shri Pankaj Kumar Singh, VS Pathania and Rakesh Kapoor.
• A joint training calendar was also formulated for interoperability and jointness amongst the security forces.
• It was decided that current security threats andchallenges will be added in the forthcoming exercises.
15) Which day is celebrated as "World Badminton Day"?
A. 5th July
B. 6th July
C. 7th July
D. 8th July
• According to World Badminton Federation, July 5, 2022 was designated as the first World Badminton Day.
• In early March, the Badminton World Federation announced that starting from 2022, July 5th will be designated as World Badminton Day every year.
• The BWF stated in a statement that the International Badminton Federation (now renamed the World
• Badminton Federation) was established on July 5,1934.
16) "World Zoonoses Day" is held every year on -
A. 4th July
B. 5th July
C. 6th July
D. 7th July
• World Zoonoses Day is held every year on July 6 to raise awareness of the risk of Zoonotic diseases.
• Zoonoses are infectious diseases (virus, bacteria and parasites) that can spread from animals to humans, and vice versa, either with direct contact with animals or indirectly, vector-borne or food-borne.
• It was on July 6, 1885, when Louis Pasteur successfully administered the first vaccine against Rabies virus, which is a zoonotic disease.
• World Zoonoses day observed after Louis Pasteur, a French biologist successfully administered the first vaccine against Rabies virus, which is a zoonotic disease.