1. Who has been appointed as the Head Coach of the Indian Cricket Team?
A. Rahul Dravid
B. MS Dhoni
C. Anil Kumble
D. Md Azharuddin
Answer (A) Rahul Dravid
- Rahul Dravid was appointed as the head coach of Team India (Senior) on November 3, 2021.
- He was unanimously chosen for the post by the Cricket Advisory Committee comprising Sulakshana Naik and RP Singh.
- The former India skipper will take charge of the Indian cricket team from the upcoming home T20 series against New Zealand.
- Rahul Dravid was appointed as the head of the National Cricket Academy in 2019, a position which he will leave before taking over as India’s head coach.
2. Who became the World’s fastest player to take 100 wickets in T20 International Cricket?
A. Shakib Al Hasan
B. Rashid Khan
C. Jasprit Bumrah
D. Pat Cummins
Answer (B) Rashid Khan
- Afghanistan star spinner Rashid Khan has became the fastest bowler to take 100 wickets in T20Is.
- Rashid achieved the feat during the match against Pakistan in the ongoing T20 World Cup.
- The Afghanistan spinner dismissed Pakistan allrounder Mohammad Hafeez to reach the milestone.
- Shakib Al Hasan, Lasith Malinga and Tim Southee are the players who have taken 100 T20I wickets.
- Rashid picked his 100th wicket in only his 53rd match as he broke Malinga’s record. The Sri Lanka bowler had picked his 100th wicket in his 76th game.
3. Who has secured India’s 1st medal at the World Boxing Championships?
A. Vijender Singh
B. Shiva Thapa
C. Akash Kumar
D. Akhil Kumar
Answer (C) Akash Kumar
- Akash Kumar ensures India’s first medal at the World Boxing Championships by defeating the Rio Olympics bronze medallist Yoel Finol in the quarter-finals.
- He became only the seventh Indian to win a world championship medal.
- In the previous edition, India had won a silver and bronze medal in the World Boxing Championships.
- The gold medalist of this championship will get a prize money of USD 100,000. India is being represented by its reigning national champions across weight categories.
4. “Ayushmaan CAPF” scheme health cards have been launched by
A. Amit Shah
B. Rajnath Singh
C. Piyush Goyal
D. Pralhad Joshi
Answer (A) Amit Shah
- ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards have been launched by Home Minister Amit Shah at national level on 02 November.
- ‘Ayushman CAPF’ scheme has been designed to cover all serving personnel and their dependents of the seven Central Armed Police Forces.
- The health card distribution will be undertaken in all CAPFs. The distribution of about 35 lakh cards will be completed by December 2021.
- ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme had been launched by Home Minister on a pilot basis in the State of Assam on 23rd January 2021.
5. Which state government has recently launched Uttam Beej Portal?
D. None of these
Answer (C) Haryana
- Haryana’s Prime Minister (CM), Manohar Lal Khattar has launched the ‘Uttam Beej website’ which will benefit Haryana farmers by providing quality seeds in a transparent manner.
- The site will explicitly provide a seed production system developed by both Government and private seed production organizations and ensure guaranteed seed quality.
- This seed portal is linked to the Meri Fasal Mera Byora Portal and the Family Identity ID card.
6. Which company has shut down its facial recognition system?
Answer (C) Facebook
- Facebook Inc. is shutting down its facial recognition system, which automatically identifies users in photos and videos, citing growing societal concerns about use of such technology.
- This facial recognition software identified people in pictures uploaded on Facebook and suggested users to tag these people in the photos, thereby linking them to the tagged person’s profile.
7. Which country has declared a nationwide state of emergency?
D. None of these
Answer (B) Ethiopia
- Ethiopia’s cabinet has issued a statewide state of emergency.
- The state of emergency is aimed to protect civilians from atrocities being committed by the terrorist TPLF group in several parts of the country.
- The steps were taken after the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) rebel group, which has been fighting PM Abiy Ahmed’s administration for over a year, marched towards Addis Ababa.
8. Where has the National Tribal Dance Festival held recently?
D. None of these
Answer (B) Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh has observed the annual 2nd National Tribal Dance Festival 2021 at Raipur’s Science College ground as a part of the tourism development plan of the state.
- Show-stopping performances, live music and traditional arts and crafts marked the annual National Tribal Dance Festival, held in Chhattisgarh between 28 and 30 October.
- It was inaugurated by the Chief Minister (CM) of Jharkhand Hemant Soren and CM of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel.
9. Which team has clinched 1st position in World Deaf Judo Championship held at Paris?
A. J&K team
B. Haryana team
C. Assam team
D. Nagaland team
Answer (A) J&K team
- The J&K team for deaf clinched 1st position in World Deaf Judo Championship held at Paris Versailles, France.
- Rakshanda Mehak who is part of the Indian team for the deaf clinched the bronze medal by defeating the South Korean team in the semifinal.
- The championship was held at Versailles, France from 26-30th October 2021.
10. Which country has recently concluded the International Exercise Blue Flag 2021?
D. None of these
Answer (A) Israel
- A total of 84 Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel took part in the international multilateral combat exercise Blue Flag 2021, along with IAF’s Mirage 2000 aircraft squadron at Israel’s Ovda Airbase.
- The theme of Blue Flag 2021: Integration of fourth and fifth-generation aircraft in complex operational scenarios.
- The exercise involves Air Force missions from 8 countries, to share knowledge and combat experience to improve operational capabilities. The other seven countries that have participated in the exercise include the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, and Israel.
11. Which country has become the first country to recognize the Novavax vaccine for Covid-19?
D. None of these
Answer (C) Indonesia
- Indonesia has become the first country in the world to authorize the use of a Covid-19 vaccine developed by Novavax Inc. and manufactured by the Serum Institute of India.
- Novavax said a phase 3 trial of the shot, which is given in two doses 21-days apart, found it was 100% effective against moderate and severe disease and was 90% effective at preventing Covid-19.
- Novavax and SII have together committed to provide more than 1.1 billion doses to COVAX , which is coled by the WHO.
12. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Prime Ministe r’s Economic advisory council?
A. Bibek Debroy
B. Rakesh Mohan
C. Poonam Gupta
D. T T Ram Mohan
Answer (A) Bibek Debroy
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the reconstitution of his Economic advisory council (EACPM).
• Bibek Debroy, President of the Indian Statistical Institute, is the Chairman of the council.
• Former RBI deputy governor Rakesh Mohan, along with IIM Ahmedabad Professor T T Ram Mohan, and Director-General of NCAER Poonam Gupta, are the three new members to join the seven-member council.
• The new advisory council has been appointed for a period of two years. The Chairman of the council and three other members have been retained.
13. US state of Georgia has announced to celebrate which Indian language as ‘Rajyotsava Day’?
Answer (B) Kannada
• The Governor of Georgia, Brian P. Kemp, has announced that November 1 will be observed as ‘Kannada Language and Rajyotsava Day’.
• Georgia had become the first state in the U.S. to issue such a proclamation for Kannada.
• Karnataka is set to celebrate Kannada Rajyotsava.
• Georgia houses one of the biggest Indian diasporas in the U.S.
• Kannada is one of the longest-surviving classical languages, with rich literature and inscriptions dating back to 450 BCE.
14. “Appscale Academy” is an initiative by which tech giant, in association with the MeitY Startup Hub?
Answer (D) Google
• The tech major Google has partnered with MeitY Startup Hub, to launch “Appscale Academy”, which aims to help Indian startups to create high-quality apps.
• The initiative of Google would specifically cater to the needs of local – early to mid-stage startups in India and support them to create applications in domains like gaming, education, social impact, health care, etc.
15. Which state government has launched ‘e-Sarkar’ app for paperless administration?
Answer (A) Gujarat
• E-Sarkar App has been launched by Gujarat Government on pilot basis for paperless administration.
• Gujarat government has launched app to make administrative works paperless, quick and easy for citizens.
• Government will launch the app on full scale on December 25 when the country will celebrate Good Governance Day.
• IWDMS app was launched by the Gujarat government in 2005 for administrative purposes.