1) Indian Men’s Table Tennis Team has won which medal at the 2022 Commonwealth Games?
D. None of these
• The Indian Table Tennis Men’s Team has won Gold medal for the country as they beat Singapore 3-1 in the final at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
• It’s the second consecutive Gold medal for India in Men’s Table Tennis Team event after previous win in CWG 2018 in GoldCoast.
• Indian Table Tennis Men’s Team comprised of Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai and Sanil Shetty.
2) Indian badminton mixed team won which medal at the Commonwealth Games 2022?
D. None of Above
• The Indian badminton team has claimed the Silver medal in the mixed group match of the Commonwealth Games 2022.
• Indian badminton mixed team lost 1-3 against Malaysia to settle for silver.
• Meanwhile, Singapore beat England 3-0 to claim the bronze medal.
• Indian Men’s Single event was represented by Kidambi Srikanth.
• Indian Women’s Single event was represented by PV Sindhu.
• Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty represented men’s double event.
• P Gayatri Gopichand and Treesa Jolly represented women’s double event.
3) Who has been appointed as director of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)?
A. Shweta Singh
B. Niharika Jain
C. Rajarshi Gupta
D. R K Gupta
• Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Shweta Singh has been appointed as a director in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
• Singh is a 2008-batch IFS officer.
• The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved Singh’s appointment for a period of three years from the date of her joining.
• The ACC has canceled the appointment of Aniket Govind Mandavgane, a 2009-batch IFS officer, as the Deputy Secretary in the PMO.
4) Who has been appointed as the new Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) of India?
A. Deepak Kumar Chaudhary
B. Pratyush Sinha
C. Suresh N. Patel
D. P. J. Thomas
• President Droupadi Murmu has appointed Suresh N. Patel as the Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) of India with effect from August 03, 2022.
• The post was lying vacant since past one year.
• Before this, Mr Patel was the Vigilance Commissioner of India and had been working as the acting CVC since June 2022, replacing Sanjay Kothari.
• Currently the two Vigilance Commissioners of India are Shri Praveen Kumar Srivastava and Shri Arvinda Kumar.
5) Which state has launched a project to provide milk and eggs to children at all Anganwadis?
D. Tamil Nadu
• Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated a project of the Women and Child Development department
• to provide milk and eggs to children at all Anganwadis in the state.
• Kerala government has set aside over Rs 61.5 crore to include milk and eggs in the Anganwadi menu.
• Under this scheme, each child will be given 125 ml of milk two days a week for 44 weeks (10 months) and an egg twice a week.
• Under this project, four lakh children in the age group of 36 from the 33,115 anganwadis of the state will receive eggs and milk twice a week.
6) Which state has launched “Mission Bhumiputra” initiative?
D. West Bengal
• Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has launched ‘Mission Bhumiputra’, a digital way to issue digitalised caste certificates to students.
• The Chief Minister inaugurated a Bhumiputra Portal at a programme held at Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra.
• The Assam Government also launched ‘Mission Basundhara’ in October 2021 with the aim of disposal of land-related problems.
7) A mysterious Sinkhole has been discovered in which nation?
• The Chilean authorities started investigating a mysterious Sinkhole, bigger than a tennis court, on August 1, 2022.
• The hole is about 25 meters (82 feet) in diameter and it appeared over the weekend in a mining area in the north of the country.
• The sinkhole has appeared near a copper mine in the Atacama desert.
8) Odisha has signed an MoU with which organization for the upcoming ‘Make in Odisha’ conclave 2022?
C. NITI AAYOG
• Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha and the industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) have signed an MoU making the latter a national industry partner for the Make in Odisha Conclave 2022 to be held from November 30 to December 04, 2022.
• Make in Odisha is the most enterprising event in Odisha, attracting investors, entrepreneurs, and industrialists alike.
9) Which state signed an MoU with NITI Aayog for enhancement of the learning outcome of students?
B. Arunachal Pradesh
D. West Bengal
• The Arunachal Pradesh government inked a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NITI Aayog on the enhancement of the learning outcome of students across 3,000 plus government schools in the state.
• The MoU is a three-year partnership (2022 – 25) focusing over two lakh children.
• The school education transformation project is under NITI Aayog’s Development Support Services for States (DSSS) initiative.
10) ‘Lockdown Lyrics’, which was released recently, is a book written by
A. Divakar Prasad
B. Vijay Shankar
C. Sanjukta Dash
D. Prakash Mishra
• Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has released a book titled Lockdown Lyrics’, a collection of poems written by Sanjukta Dash.
• The poems are an unadulterated narration of the author’s experiences and exasperations during the pandemic.
• She has reflected all the trauma & tribulations and hope and aspirations of humanity during this most critical journey of society in a long time.
• Sanjukta Dash is a well-known name in Odia literature. She has three anthology of poetries inOdia-Antaswar, Amrut Anwesha and Apekshare Ebe Bi.
11) Who has been appointed as the new Director General of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)?
A. Rajan Gupta
B. Prakash Mishra
C. Ghanshyam Singh
D. Himanshu Pathak
• Senior scientist Dr. Himanshu Pathak was appointed as the
• Director General (DG) of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Secretary of the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE).
• Dr. Pathak is currently the Director of the ICAR-National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management in Baramati, Maharashtra.
• Dr. Himanshu Pathak is currently serving as the Director, the ICAR-National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management (NIASM), Baramati, India. He was previously the Director of the ICAR-NRRI in Cuttack, India.
Leave a Comment