1. India’s largest landfill biogas plant has been inaugurated in
Answer (a) Hyderabad
- World’s first and India’s largest landfill gas-to-compressed biogas plant has been inaugurated at Hyderabad Integrated Municipal Solid Waste site.
- The plant has been inaugurated by Ramky Enviro. Ramky Enviro Engineers Ltd is one of Asia’s leading providers of comprehensive environment management services.
- The focus of the project is on the conversion of landfill gas into compressed biogas as an automotive fuel.
- The benefits of the project include carbon sequestration and reduced emissions of GHGs into the environment.
2. Which country has named its native long-tailed bat as the Bird of the Year 2021?
d. New Zealand
Answer (d) New Zealand
- The critically endangered New Zealand long-tailed bat has been named as the New Zealand Bird of the Year 2021.
- The long-tailed bat is the only land mammal of New Zealand. It is also known as the long-tailed wattled bat or pekapeka-tou-roa.
- The Bird of the Year competition is organised annually by New Zealand based independent conservation organisation Forest & Bird to raise awareness among the citizens about the native birds of the country.
3. Which Indian cricketers have been selected for MCC Honorary Life Membership Awards?
a. Harbhajan Singh
b. Rahul Dravid
c. Javagal Srinath
d. Both (1) & (3)
Answer (d) Both (1) & (3)
- The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) has released the list of 18 Cricketers who were selected for the MCC awards Honorary Life Membership of the Club.
- The list witnessed the names of 2 former Indian cricketers – Harbhajan Singh and Javagal Srinath. Sara McGlashan).
4. Which state government has launched “Mission Clean” to curb illegal sand mining and liquor trade?
d. Uttar Pradesh
Answer (b) Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi announced ‘Mission Clean’ in a meeting on October 31, 2021, held with all the Deputy Commissioners and the Senior Superintendents of Police (SSPs) of the State.
- The Chief Minister of Punjab, during the meeting, directed the officials to adopt a ‘zero-tolerance policy’ against corruption.
- Department to ensure that the sand and gravel should be available in the market at the Government rates while directing the DCs and SSPs to keep a check on it.
5. Kashmir has got the first-ever open-air floating theatre in which lake?
a. Wullar Lake
b. Dal Lake
c. Nagin Lake
d. Surinsar Lake
Answer (b) Dal Lake
- Kashmir has gott the first-ever open-air floating theatre in the famous Dal lake.
- The theatre was launched on by J-K Chief Secretary Arun Kumar Mehta in October 2021.
- Bollywood film ‘Kashmir ki Kali’ was shown to tourists and residents of the area in the theatre.
- The theatre will benefit tourism in J&K.
- The concept of open-air is pretty unique, not found anywhere in this world.
6. Which institute has recently launched “Veer Gatha” Project?
Answer (c) CBSE
- CBSE has launched “Veer Gatha” project in schools to raise awareness on Gallantry Awards.
- Schools affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) have been asked to prepare projects and engage in activities based on the Gallantry Award winners.
- The Veer Gatha project aims to raise awareness about the brave acts and sacrifices of the Gallantry Award winners among school students.
- The Veer Gatha project is being conducted from October 21-November 20.
- The projects can be interdisciplinary & in various formats such as poems, essays, etc.
7. World Bank have inked $40 million health project agreement with India for Meghalaya?
c. World Bank
Answer (c) World Bank
- The Government of India and the World Bank have inked USD 40 million health project agreement for the state of Meghalaya on October 28, 2021.
- The Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project will improve the quality of health services in the state and strengthen the management and governance capabilities of the state to handle future health emergencies including the COVID-19 pandemic.
8. Who has recently won the title of First Miss India 2021?
a. Lekh Uthaiah
b. Pearl Agarwal
c. Shreya Gupta
d. Rayna Sikri
Answer (b) Pearl Agarwal
- The First Miss India 2021 title was bagged by Pearl Agarwal with Lekh Utaiah as 1st runner up and Shreya Gupta as the 2nd runner up.
- Rayna Sikri was declared as the First Miss India Teen 2021 with Shubhi Dhaneta as 1st runner up.
- The grand finale of the All India Beauty Pageants First Miss India 2021 and First Miss India Teen 2021 was held in Goa on 30 October 2021.
9. Alan Davidson, who has passed away recently was the cricket all-rounder of which country?
b. South Africa
d. New Zealand
Answer (c) Australia
- The Australian and New South Wales cricket all-rounder Alan Davidson has passed away at the age of 92.
- Davidson was the first player to achieve the feat of scoring 100 runs as well as take 10 wickets in a single Test match.
- The legendary left-arm swing bowler played 44 Tests for Australia in which he claimed 186 wickets and scored 1328 runs.
10. Recently, Who have agreed to spend $6 billion to solve world hunger if the UN shares a spending plan?
a. Jeff Bezos
b. Bill Gates
c. Elon Musk
d. Mark Zuckerberg
Answer (c) Elon Musk
- SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk on October 31, 2021, said that he is willing to sell some Tesla stocks if the World Food Programme (WFP) shares a plan on how 2% of total wealth which is $6 billion could solve world hunger.
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Musk is the world’s richest individual with a net worth of $311 billion.
- The recent increase in wealth is attributed to a jump in Tesla shares, which soared when rental car company Hertz placed an order for 100,000 Teslas.
11. Which bank has recently tied up with Indian Navy for salary accounts?
a. ICICI Bank
b. Axis Bank
c. HDFC Bank
Answer (b) Axis Bank
- Axis Bank has signed an MoU with the Indian Navy, offering a defence service salary package.
- Through the exclusive defence service salary package–Power Salute–Axis Bank will offer numerous benefits to all ranks of the Indian Navy, veterans and cadets.
- The benefits include a personal accident cover of up to ₹56 lakh.
- It also includes zero processing fee and 12 EMI waivers on home loans.
12. Who has recently received the ‘Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2021’?
a. Pratima Garg
b. Renu Sharma
c. P Vatsala
d. Paul Zacharia
Answer (c) P Vatsala
- Noted Malayalam novelist and short story writer P Vatsala has been selected for the prestigious Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2021.
- She has been recognized for her valuable contribution to the Malayalam language and literature.
- The honour carries a cash award of Rs 5,00,000 and a citation.
- The Kerala government’s highest literary honour has been named after Thunchaththu Ramanujan Ezhuthachan.
13. Who has been appointed as the new Director-General of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)?
a. Arun Chawla
b. Uday Shankar
c. Dilip Chenoy
d. Ghanshyam Das
Answer (a) Arun Chawla
- FICCI has appointed Arun Chawla as its new Director-General.
- He will assume charge with immediate effect.
- He joined FICCI in 2011 and is currently the Deputy Secretary-General of the chamber.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) is a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group based.
- It was established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi.
14. Which country has recently proposed a ‘Wealth Tax’?
Answer (a) USA
- US President Joe Biden has announced more conventional proposed rate hikes on the income of large corporations and the wealthiest Americans, similar to a ‘Wealth Tax’.
- This new tax would apply to people with over $1 billion in assets or $100 million in income for three straight years Biden’s plan was to raise tax rates on pretty much the entire 1%, the 1.6 million taxpayers earning at least $500,000 annually.
15. Which edition of ‘Ganga Utsav 2021 – The River Festival’ has been started?
Answer (b) 5th
- The 5th edition of the three-day-long Ganga Utsav has been organised from November 01 to 03, 2021 in virtual format.
- The “Ganga Utsav 2021 – The River Festival“ will not only celebrate the glory of the river Ganga but all the rivers of the country to promote the celebration of ‘Nadi Utsav’ (River Festival).
- Ganga Utsav 2021 has been organised under the leadership of the Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
- Ganga Utsav is organised by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) jointly with the Ministry of Jal Shakti to mark the anniversary of the announcement of River Ganga as the ‘National River’ on November 04, 2008.
- The 2021 celebrations will be part of the 75 years of Independence and Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- On the first day of the festival, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) got registered in the Guinness Book of World Records for the highest number of photos of handwritten notes uploaded on Facebook in an hour.