1) Rank of LIC in the list of insurance brands globally as per Brand Finance Report?
• As per a brand valuation report released by Brand Finance, Life Insurance Corporation has been ranked at 10th in the list of insurance brands globally.
• Ping An Insurance of China is at the top.
• LIC is the only Indian insurance company in the top 10 list.
• LIC has a valuation of $8.656 billion (around ₹64,722 crores).
• As per Brand Finance, the market value of LIC will become ₹43.40 lakh crore ($59.21 billion) by 2022, and ₹58.9-lakh crore ($78.63 billion) by 2027.
2) Which Indian athlete has been nominated for the Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year 2022 Award?
A. Neeraj Chopra
B. Rani Rampal
C. PR Sreejesh
D. PV Sindhu
Answer(A) Neeraj Chopra
• India’s Olympic Champion Neeraj Chopra has been nominated for the Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award 2022.
• He is one of the six nominees for the award.
• The other nominees include Russian tennis star Daniil Medvedev, British tennis player Emma Raducanu, Spanish footballer Pedri, Australian Olympic champion Ariarne Titmus and Venezuelan athlete Yulimar Rojas.
3) Who has overtaken Bengaluru as the StartupCapital of India?
• Delhi has replaced Bengaluru as the Startup Capital of India, according to the Economic Survey 2021-22 tabled by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Parliament on 31st January 2022.
• The survey says that over 5,000 recognized start-ups were added in Delhi while 4,514 start-ups were added in Bengaluru between April 2019 to December 2021.
• With a total of 11,308 start-ups, Maharashtra has the highest number of recognized startups.
• India had a record number of start-ups (44) reach unicorn status in 2021.
4) The Lunar New Year 2022 marks the start of Year of which animal?
A. Year of Ox
B. Year of Tiger
C. Year of Pig
D. Year of Lion
Answer(B) Year of Tiger
• The Lunar New Year was observed on February 1, 2022. It is also known as the Chinese New Year or the Spring Festival in China.
• The celebration marks the end of the Year of the Ox and the start of the Year of the Tiger.
• The New Year is celebrated by nearly 2 billion people in Korea, Singapore, Mongolia, Tibet, Vietnam, and in Asian communities, for more than two weeks.
5) Who has been appointed as the new chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency?
A. GAV Reddy
B. Urjit Patel
C. Sadisha Das
D. Kamal Davar
Answer(A) GAV Reddy
• Lieutenant General GAV Reddy has been appointed as the new head of the Defence Intelligence Agency.
• General Reddy would be succeeding Lt Gen KJS Dhillon.
• Lieutenant General KJS Dhillon retired after serving in various strategic positions during his 39-year career in the Indian Army.
• The Director-General of the Defence Intelligence Agency is the head of the organisation and is among the principal advisors on intelligence to the Minister of Defence and the Chief of Defence Staff.
6) Which is the official Mascot of Punjab election?
• Chief Electoral Officer’s office of Punjab unveiled its election mascot, “Shera” (Lion).
• It aims to increase voter awareness, participation and promote ethical voting in the Punjab Assembly polls that is scheduled on 20 February 2022.
• The mascot “Shera”, depicts a lion. It represents the rich cultural heritage of Punjab.
• It is promoted under the Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) project of the Election Commission of India (ECI). SVEEP project was started in 2009, as the flagship program of the ECI for voter education
7) Which Ministry has launched “Federated Digital Identities”?
A. Ministry of Finance
B. IT Ministry
C. Ministry of Health
D. None of these
Answer(B) IT Ministry
• The Ministry of Electronics and IT has introduced the “Federated Digital Identities”.
• It aims to interlink the multiple identities of Indian citizens.
• For instance, the digital IDs like Aadhaar, Passport and PAN are interlinked and stored under a new unique ID
8) Currently, How many Indian sites are listed in UNESCO’s Tentative List of Heritage Sites?
• The Ministry of Culture has nominated the ‘Sacred Ensembles of Hoysala’ located in Karnataka for UNESCO’s World Heritage List for 2022-2023.
• The ‘Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysala’ are on UNESCO’s Tentative list since April 15, 2014.
• The Hoysala Temples was formally submitted for nomination by the Permanent Representative of India to UNESCO Vishal V Sharma on January 31, 2022.
9) What is the amount of GST collected in January 2022?
A. ₹1.31 lakh crore
B. ₹1.19 lakh crore
C. ₹1.38 lakh crore
D. ₹1.39 lakh crore
Answer(C) ₹1.38 lakh crore
• The monthly GST collections in January 2022 crossed ₹1.30 lakh crore for the fourth time in the history of GST.
• The collections in January 2022 till 3 pm on 31 January 2022 was at ₹1,38,394 crore. January 2022 collections were 15 per cent higher than collections in the same month last year and 25 per cent higher than the GST revenues in January 2020.
10) Recently, Which state has got Freight train connectivity for the first time?
• The first freight train reached the Rani Gaidinliustation of Manipur on 27 January.
• Manipur gets freight train connectivity for the first time in the last 75 years.
• Recently, a passenger train from Silchar in Assam reached the Bongaichungpao railway station in Manipur for the first time.
• Freight train connectivity will boost transportation of goods and promote economic activities in the northeast region.
• The government has allocated ₹7,000 crore for the ongoing railway projects in the northeast.
11) How many players are included in the final IPL2022 Player Auction List?
A. 1090 players
B. 590 players
C. 630 players
D. 750 players
Answer(B) 590 players
• The Indian Premier League (IPL) announced the final player auction list comprising 590 players on February 1, 2022.
• Among the 590 players included in the IPL 2022 Players Auction List, 228 are capped players, 355 are uncapped players and 7 belong to Associate Nations.
• The players includes a total of 370 Indian players and 220 overseas players, with 20 players with a res overprice of ₹1.5 crores and 34 players with a reserve price of ₹1 crore.
• The IPL 2022 Mega Auction is scheduled to be held in Bengaluru on February 12 and 13.
12) Which State/UT has approved Ex-gratia relief of ₹20,000 per acre to farmers?
A. West Bengal
D. Uttar Pradesh
• The Delhi cabinet approved ex-gratia relief of ₹20,000 per acre to farmers whose lands were damaged by rains last year.
• In September-October 2021, several acres of farmland were damaged due to heavy rain and water-logging in fields.
• If the damage is found to be 70% or less, the compensation will be 70% of the amount.
• If the assessed loss is more than 70%, ₹20,000 per acre will be paid.
13) Sergio Mattarella has been elected as the President of which country for the second term?
• Italian President Sergio Mattarella has been elected to a second term in the recent round of elections.
• Mattarella was reconfirmed with a broad majority, in the voting done by lawmakers and regional representatives.
• The 80-year-old Jurist-Academic has been serving as the country’s President since 2015.
• Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio told that the re-election was “a victory for the country.” Luigi Di Maiois also a leading figure of Five Star Movement, which is a political party in Italy.
14) ‘Bloody Sunday’ is a commemorative event marked by which country?
• Northern Ireland is marking 50 years of “Bloody Sunday”, on which British soldiers fired upon a crowd of protesters, killing 14 people.
• Irish Prime Minister Micheál Martin also tweeted that the country is paying tribute to the families of the victims.
• The violence took place during a march organized by the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association.
15) “Vayam Rakshamah” or “We Protect” is the theme of which armed force of India?
A. Indian Coast Guard
B. Indo-Tibetan Border Police
C. Assam Sentinels
Answer(A) Indian Coast Guard
• The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is celebrating its 46th Raising Day on 01 February 2022.
• The ICG was formally established on February 1, 1977, under the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India.
• ICG operates under the Ministry of Defence.
• India has the fourth-largest Coast Guard in the World.
• Beginning with just 7 surface platforms in 1978, ICG currently comprise of 158 ships and 70 aircraft in its inventory and is likely to achieve targeted force levels of 200 surface platforms and 80 aircraft by 2025.