1) “World Day Against Trafficking” is marked annually on
A. 28th July
B. 29th July
C. 30th July
D. 31st July
• United Nations observes 30 July every year as World Day Against Trafficking in Persons.
• In 2013, the General Assembly designated July 30 as the World Day against Trafficking in Persons to raise awareness of the situation of victims of human trafficking and for the promotion and protection of their rights.
• Theme 2022: “Use and abuse of technology”
2) Which state become India’s 1st state to launch Semiconductor Policy?
• Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel has unveiled Semiconductor Policy 2022-27 to create two lakh new jobs in the next five years.
• A “Semicon City” will be also established at Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR) on 5,000-10,000 acres.
• The main aim of the policy is to attract semiconductor fabrication units, display fabrication units, silicon photonics and semiconductor assembly, testing, marking and packaging facilities to Gujarat.
• It is the first time that a state has launched a dedicated semiconductor policy. Gujarat will implement semiconductor policy along with the electronic policy.
3) PM Narendra Modi has launched India’s first International Bullion Exchange ‘IIBX’ in –
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched ‘India International Bullion Exchange (IIBX)’ on July 29, 2022, at the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) near Gandhinagar.
• IIBX is India’s first international bullion exchange. This will allow qualified jewellers to directly import gold through IIBX.
• The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) is the regulator of IIBX.
• IIBX is promoted by five market institutional investor’s i.e., CDSL, India INX, NSDL, NSE and MCX.
• This exchange will bring transparency to the price-setting mechanism; provide standardisation to the financialisation of the bullion in India; and work as a standard-setting tool for the quality of the bullion.
4) Youngsters above what age can now apply in advance to enroll in Voter’s list?
A. 16 years
B. 17 years
C. 15 years
D. 14 years
• The election commission of India has informed that youngsters above 17 years of age can now apply in advance to get their names enrolled in the Voter’s list.
• The ECI stated that they do not have to necessarily await the pre-requisite criterion of attaining the age of 18 years of age on January 1st.
• The ECI led by Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar also directed the CEOs of all States to work out techenabled solutions to facilitate the youth to file their advance applications.
5) Centre has set up Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar to promote which activity across the country?
• The Union Ministry of Mines has set up a Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar, a National Award to promote mining across the country.
• The Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar has been set up to incentivize States that take initiative in the exploration, auction and operationalisation of mineral blocks.
• A total of Rs 18 crore was awarded as prize money to different States.
• The Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar will be awarded in three categories of minerals.
6) A Mysterious red glow was seen over which ocean?
A. Arctic Ocean
B. Atlantic Ocean
C. Pacific Ocean
D. Indian Ocean
• A mysterious red glow was spotted over the Atlantic Ocean by a pilot, that has sent the Internet into a tizzy without dozens of theories including a comparison to the Stranger Things underwater portal.
• The mysterious red light over the Atlantic was seen and photographed by pilot Dustin Maggard from a cockpit 31,000 feet over the ocean.
• The pilot said that he hasn’t seen anything like that before.
7) DSF has instituted a first-of-its-kind ‘Dinesh Shahra Lifetime Award’ for Excellence in –
• Dinesh Shahra Foundation (DSF) has instituted a firstofits-kind ‘Dinesh Shahra Lifetime Award’ for Excellence in Music.
• The initiative is supported by the Indian Arts & Cultural Society. Apart from a trophy or memento, the recognition will also include a significant cash component.
• Dinesh Shahra’s book – Sanatan Leela, was also launched during the event.
8) What is the official slogan for the 2024 Paris Olympics?
A. Games Wide Open
B. Held Your Hope High
C. Move On With Games
D. Let’s Make It Happen
• Organisers of the 2024 Paris Olympics unveiled “Games Wide Open” as their official slogan on 25th July 2022.
• Having previously hosted in 1990 and 1924, Paris will be hosting the Summer Olympics third time in 2024.
• The 2024 Summer Olympics are scheduled to take place form 26th July to 11th August 2024.
• Athletes will compete in a total of 329 events in 32 sports.
9) Indian Navy has received two of 24 MH-60 ‘Romeo’ multi-mission helicopters from –
• The Indian Navy received two MH-60 R multirole helicopters from the United States at Cochin International Airport.
• The third helicopter is scheduled to be delivered in August this year, while the delivery of all 24 MH 60R helicopters “Romeo” will be completed by 2025.
• The US Department of State has authorised the sale of 24 MH-60R multi-mission helicopters to India.
10) Which brand has replaced Paytm as the BCCI’s titile sponsor
• Mastercard is all set to replace Paytm as the title sponsor for all international and domestic cricket matches organised by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
• Paytm held the rights till the end of 2023.
• Paytm requested BCCI to assign its India Home Cricket title rights to credit card major Mastercard.
• Mastercard will reportedly be assigned the rights till 2023, as per the original terms of the Paytm deal and will continue to pay INR 3.8 Cr per match.
Leave a Comment