1) “Hwasong-12” is a nuclear capable missile by which country?
B. North Korea
D. South Korea
Answer(B) North Korea
• North Korea successfully tested its Hwasong-12 intermediate-range ballistic missile on January 30, 2022 from the Jagang Province area.
• This was the first nuclear-capable missile testing undertaken by the country since 2017.
• The Hwasong-12 has an estimated range of 4,500 km (2,800 miles).
2) Who has won the Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2022?
A. Magnus Carlsen
B. Arjun Erigaisi
C. Anish Giri
D. Jorden van Foreest
Answer(A) Magnus Carlsen
• In Chess, World No. 1 Magnus Carlsen of Norway has won the Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2022 in Masters section.
• GM Magnus Carlsen scored 9.5/13 with 6 wins and 7 draws, to win the tournament for the eighth time in his career.
• In Challengers section, Indian GM Arjun Erigaisi won the tournament with a score of 10.5/13, with an 8 wins and 5 draws.
• The Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2022 was the 84th edition of the annual chess tournament, held in Wijkaan Zee in Netherlands from January 14 to 30, 2022.
3) Which company has become the World’s leading Chipmaker by revenue in 2021?
• South Korean electronics manufacturing giant, Samsung Electronics surpassed U.S chipmaker Intel to become the World’s Leading Chipmaker by revenue in 2021, according to a report released by research firm Counterpoint Technology Market Research.
• While Intel posted relatively flattish results, Samsung took the lead with a strong DRAM and NAND flash market performance in 2021.
• Samsung also saw solid momentum in logic chips this year.
4) Global Center of Excellence in Affordable and Clean Energy (GCoE-ACE) inaugurated at –
A. IIT Jodhpur
B. IIT Patna
C. IIT Dharwad
D. IIT Indore
Answer(C) IIT Dharwad
• The Global Center of Excellence in Affordable and Clean Energy (GCoE-ACE) has been inaugurated at the Indian Institute of Technology, Dharwad (IITDh) in Karnataka on January 28, 2022.
• GCoE-ACE will help to boost research in affordable and clean energy; build capacity, and invent technology to implement renewable energy on field.
• The facility has been set up by Honeywell Hometown Solutions India Foundation (HHSIF).
5) First “HaPpyShop” non-fuel retail store of HPCL is unveiled at which centre?
• Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) has marked its foray into non-fuel retailing sector by inaugurating its Retail Store under brand name HaPpyShop, to make available the products of daily need to its customers at their convenience.
• The first retail store was launched by HPCL in September, 2021 in Mumbai at Company’s Retail Outlet located at Nepean Sea Road.
• Giving it a further push, the company has announced opening of two more Convenience Stores of ‘HaPpyShop’ on January 31, 2022.
6) Xiomara Castro sworn in as 1st Female President of –
• In Honduras, the Freedom and Refoundation Party (Libre) member Xiomara Castro has been sworn in as the first female President of the country.
• The 62-year-old Castro replaces President Juan Orlando Hernández, as 56th President of Honduras. Hernández has held the position for eight years from 27 January 2014 to 27 January 2022.
7) Where has the Spituk Guster Festival 2022 started?
• Spituk Gustor Festival, a two-day annual celebration of Ladakhi culture and traditional heritage celebrated on 30th
• & 31st January 2022 in Leh and Ladakh Union Territory (UT).
• On the same day, the Geluk Pa Order of Tibetan Buddhism founded by Je Tsongkhapa (1357-1419) is also commemorated, an annual winter festival that aims at increasing brotherhood and friendship among believers.
• It is a celebration of peace and prosperity that is celebrated at the Spituk Monastery in Leh and Ladakh UT.
8) Amit Shah unveils Mural of Mahatma Gandhi Made from ‘Kulhad’ Cups in –
• Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled a grand wall mural of Mahatma Gandhi made from 2,975 clay kulhads (earthen cups) at Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad on the 74th death anniversary of ‘Father of the Nation’.
• The event, which marked the 74th Martyrs’ Day, was also attended by Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane and Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel.
• The mural, commissioned by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), was put together by 75 potters brought to Ahmedabad from across the country.
9) Who has won the Bigg Boss season 15 trophy?
A. Karan Kundra
B. Pratik Sehajpal
C. Tejasswi Prakash
D. Rubina Dilaik
Answer(C) Karan Kundra
• TV star Tejasswi Prakash on 29th January 2022, beat actormodel Pratik Sehajpal to emerge as the winner of reality show “Bigg Boss” season 15.
• Ms Prakash, known for starring on “Swaragini -Jodein Rishton Ke Sur”, took home the Bigg Boss trophy along with ₹40 Lakh cash prize.
• The winner was announced by the show’s host, superstar Salman Khan.
• Mr Sehajpal was the first runner up, while Ms Prakash’s actor-boyfriend Karan Kundra finished third.
10) India’s 1st Geological Park will be come up in
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
Answer(B) Madhya Pradesh
• The first ‘geological’ park of country will be built at Lamheta village on the banks of river Narmada in Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
• An announ cement to this effect was made by BJP MP from Jabalpur Rakesh Singh.
• Approval for the park has been granted by Geological Survey of India, under ministry of mining, Government of India for construction of the park with an investment of ₹35 crores.
• GSI has approved an amount of ₹1.30 crore for preparing its detailed report.
12) Which IPL team has become the India’s 1st sports unicorn company?
A. Mumbai Indians (MI)
B. Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
C. Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
D. Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
Answer(B) Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
• Chennai Super Kings (CSK), has become the India’s 1st sports Unicorn with its market cap having touched a high of ₹7,600 crores and its share in the grey market trading in the ₹210-225 price band.
• The Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led CSK, which won its fourth IPL title in Dubai last year, now has a market cap more than its parent entity, India Cements.
• India Cements’ market cap stood at ₹6,869 crores.
• Two key reasons which have led CSK’s market cap to go past its parent entity are the team winning its fourth IPL title in Dubai, and two new franchises being added to the upcoming season at record prices.
13) Munishwar Nath Bhandari has been appointed as the Chief Justice of which High Court?
A. Madras High Court
B. Bombay High Court
C. Orrisa High Court
D. Calcutta High Court
Answer(A) Madras High Court
• Supreme Court Chief Justice N V Ramana has recommended to the Centre that Justice MunishwarNath Bhandari be appointed as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court.
• Justice Bhandari, whose parent high court is the Rajasthan HC, has been serving as the Acting Chief Justice of the Madras High Court
14) Which state have Highest number of Scheduled Castes entrepreneurs?
B. Uttar Pradesh
• Maharashtra tops India’s list in the number of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) owned by entrepreneurs from the Scheduled Castes with as many as 96,805 enterprises.
• Tamil Nadu with 42,997 enterprises and Rajasthan with 38,517 units occupy the second and third slots, according to the data furnished by the Office of the Development Commissioner in the Union Ministry of MSME.
• The fourth, fifth and sixth slots belong to Uttar Pradesh (36,913 units), Karnataka (28,803 enterprises) and Punjab (24,503 units) respectively.
15) Who among the following is the author of the book titled ‘Operation Khatma’?
A. R C Ganjoo
B. Ashwini Bhatnagar
C. Ruskin Bond
D. Both (1) & (2)
Answer(D) Both (1) & (2)
• A book titled ‘Operation Khatma’ has been released which is authored by journalists RC Ganjoo and Ashwini Bhatnagar. It is an eyewitness account by them.
• The book is based upon the operation by Special Operations Group of Jammu & Kashmir Police which led to the killing of 22 terrorists of the Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF).
• It is a graphic first-hand thriller on the terrorism in Kashmir. The blood-splattered rivalry between JKLF and HM, and the short, sharp surgical strike -OPERATION KHATMA- that broke the back of terrorism in the Valley
Leave a Comment