1. The price of which product is to be raised to ₹2, after a gap of 14 years?
(4) None of these
Correct Answer – (3) Match-box
- National Small Matchbox Manufacturers Association announced that from December 1, the price of a matchbox would be increased to ₹2 from the present ₹1.
- The proposed price increase comes after a gap of 14 years, as the price of raw materials have increased leading to a jump in cost of production.
- The raw materials include red phosphorous, wax, potassium chlorate and splints (sticks).
- Fuel price led transportation cost is also a factor. Consumers will get more matchsticks up from 36 to 50 per box.
2. Where will 34 child-friendly police stations be set up recently?
(4) West Bengal
Correct Answer – (1) Odisha
- The Odisha government on 26th October 2021, decided to set up 34 child-friendly police stations across the state in a bid to reduce mental pressure on children who need to visit police stations for some reason.
- A proposal to set up 34 such police stations – one in each police district – was approved by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who is also in charge of the Home Department in the state.
- Each child-friendly police station will have beds, chairs, tables, toys and first aid kits for children.
- Children’s books, magazines and newspapers will be available there, while special logos and posters on child rights and Do’s and Don’ts for the police personnel will be put up at these police stations.
3. Which state has decided to resume ‘Mukhya Mantri Teerth Yatra Yojna’?
(3) Tamil Nadu
Correct Answer – (1) Delhi
- Delhi Government’s ‘Mukhya Mantri Teerth Yatra Yojana for those aged 60 years and above, which was halted due to COVID-19 pandemic will be resumed, announced Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on October 27, 2021.
- Ayodhya has been added in Delhi Government’s free pilgrimage scheme.
- The pilgrimage scheme will be free of cost for aged people and they will also be allowed to bring a member of their family along.
- The ‘Mukhya Mantri Teerath Yatra Yojana’ was launched by the Delhi government in July 2018 to enable the senior citizens in the state to undertake a pilgrimage to several religious places across the country completely free of cost.
- The scheme aims to benefit a total number of 1,100 Senior Citizens from every legislative assembly constituency. There are a total number of 70 legislative assembly constituencies in the state.
4. Who has won the German Peace Prize 2021?
- Greta Thunberg
- Nadia Murad
- Tran Minh Nhat
- Tsitsi Dangarembga
Correct Answer – (4) Tsitsi Dangarembga
- Zimbabwean filmmaker and novelist Tsitsi Dangarembga was awarded the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade 2021 on October 24, 2021 for her artistic work as well as her political commitment.
- 62-year-old Dangarembga has been fighting against corruption and freedom for years.
- She is a ‘widely audible voice of Africa in contemporary literature’, the jury noted. In her acceptance speech, she called for a fundamental shift to overcome racial hierarchy and the violence in Zimbabwe.
- Dangarembga was chosen by the German Publishers and Booksellers Association for the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade 2021, which has been awarded since 1950. The prize included 25,000 euros ($29,100).
5. Indian-Origin Anita Anand has become the new Defence Minister of which nation?
Correct Answer – (2) Canada
- Indian-Origin Canadian politician, Anita Anand was appointed as the new Defence Minister of Canada on October 26, 2021.
- She replaces Canada’s long-time serving Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, who is also of Indian origin. Anand was first elected as the rookie Member of Parliament in 2019 representing Oakville in Ontario Province. She served as the procurement minister throughout the Coronavirus pandemic in Canada.
6. Who has won the 2021 MotoGP World Championship?
(1) Viktor Axelsen
(2) Akane Yamaguchi
(3) Fabio Quartararo
(4) Joan Mir
Correct Answer – (3) Fabio Quartararo
- Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP’s Fabio Quartararo became the ‘2021 MotoGP World Champion’.
- Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) secured second and Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar), finished third.
- Fabio Quartararo is the sixth-youngest rider to clinch a premier class world title, aged 22 years, 187 days on race day of the Emilia Romagna GP.
- The 2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship is the premier class of the 73rd F.I.M. Road Racing World Championship season.
7. Which neighbouring country of India has passed a new law to strengthen land border protection?
(3) Sri Lanka
Correct Answer – (2) China
- China on 23rd October, passed a new law to strengthen land border protection amid the ongoing military tension along the disputed boundary with India.
- The legislation formalises combining the military defence of China’s land borders, along with improving social and economic development in the Indo-China border areas.
- It also strengthens the People’s Liberation Army’s (PLA) policy to work closely with civilians staying in border areas including Tibetan villagers.
- India and China have been locked in a border row for 17 months, a phase that witnessed the deadly skirmish in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on June 15, 2020 when troops from both sides fought for hours with iron rods, clubs covered with barbed wire and rocks.
8. A new species of beetle, Trigonopterus corona has been discovered in
Correct Answer – (1) Indonesia
- Trigonopterus corona is a new species of beetle. It was discovered in Sulawesi, an Indonesian island. It was discovered in October 2021.
- Earlier, in April 2021, a new species of caddisfly was named after corona virus. It was called the Potamophylax coronavirus.
- The scientist was studying about the Trigonopterus genus for more than 15 years. The COVID-19 pandemic delayed his study and research. Thus, the researcher named the bug after the virus. It measures two to three milli meter in length.
9. Which state has became 1st State to Pass its Own Wildlife Action Plan 2021-30?
Correct Answer – (2) Maharashtra
- During the 17th meeting of the State Board for Wildlife (SBWL), The Government of Maharashtra has approved its own Wildlife Action Plan (2021-2030), which will be implemented over the next 10 years.
- Maharashtra became India’s 1st state to pass its own Wildlife Action Plan.
- Uddhav Thackeray, Chief Minister of Maharashtra released the Wildlife Action Plan during the State Wildlife Board meeting.
- The board has also approved the extension of the boundary of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve, in the Chandrapur district of the Vidarbha region, by around 79 sq km.
10. Recently India and which country have held the first strategic dialogue in New Delhi?
Correct Answer – (2) Kyrgyzstan
- The first India-Kyrgyzstan Strategic Dialogue between the National Security Council Secretariats was held in New Delhi.
- The Indian side was led by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and the Kyrgyz side was led by Secretary of Security Council Lieutenant General Marat Imankulov.
- The two sides held discussions on threats and challenges facing both countries as well as the regional security environment with special reference to Afghanistan.
- The two sides welcomed similarity of views on these matters and agreed upon steps to enhance bilateral security cooperation between the relevant bodies, including in the fields of counterterrorism, combating radicalisation, narcotics control and defence cooperation.
11. Who has been appointed as the new Executive Director of Punjab National Bank (PNB)?
(1) Majithia Singh
(2) Dyal Singh
(3) Mallikarjuna Ra
(4) Kalyan Kumar
Correct Answer – (4) Kalyan Kumar
- Kalyan Kumar has been appointed as the new Executive Director of Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- Punjab National Bank is a major and oldest bank of India. It is a scheduled bank.
- Punjab National Bank was registered on May 19, 1894, under the Indian Companies Act with its office at Anarkali Bazar Lahore.
- Kalyan Kumar has been appointed under the Board of Banking Companies Act, 1970 for a period of three years from the date of joining the Board or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
12.Recently, Which bank has tied up with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC) for cyber security?
(1) Fino Payment Bank
(2) Union Bank
(3) India Post Payment
(4) PNB Bank
Correct Answer – (2) Union Bank
- The Union Bank of India (UBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Hyderabad to launch a 1st of its kind initiative on Cyber Security Awareness.
- CDAC will assist UBI in educating its employees & customers with awareness on Cyber Security & tips to protect themselves from Cyber fraud.
- The Bank has previously launched an e-book & an online game ‘Spin-N-Learn’, as a part of National Cyber Security Awareness Month (October).
13. The Nag River revitalization project, approved by Expenditure Finance Committee, has been launched for which city?
(2) New Delhi
Correct Answer – (1) Nagpur
- The Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) of Department of Expenditure, under Ministry Of Finance has approved the Nag River revitalization project.
- The project was conceptualised by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari for Nagpur in Maharashtra.
- The ₹2,117 crore ambitious project includes construction of three STP projects, a 500-kilometer sewerage network, a pumping station and community toilets.
- The project is proposed to be completed in 8 years.
14. DRDO recently test fired ‘Agni-5’ ballistic missile. The new missile falls under which category?
Correct Answer – (3) surface-to-surface
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) carried successful test-firing of surface-tosurface ballistic missile Agni-5 on October 27, 2021 from APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- Agni-5 is a nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), which uses a three-stage solidfuelled engine.
- The missile can strike targets at ranges up to 5,000 km with a very high degree of accuracy.
15. Who is the author of the Book titled “Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman”?
(1) Chidanand Rajghatta
(2) Sudhanshu Kumar
(3) Prateek Sharma
(4) Diane Dimond
Correct Answer – (1) Chidanand Rajghatta
- US-based Indian journalist and author Chidanand Rajghatta has come out with the biography of US Vice President Kamala Harris titled “Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman”.
- The biography has been published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
- The new book focus on the life and times of Kamala Harris and celebrate her Asian and Jamaican heritage, with special focus on her India connect, and her journey as a woman of colour coming to occupy one of the highest offices in the USA.
Leave a Comment