1) “World Hepatitis Day” is observed every year on
A. 27th July
B. 28th July
C. 29th July
D. 30th July
• World Health Organization is observed on 28th July every year as “World Hepatitis Day”.
• This day is celebrated to enhance awareness of viral hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that causes a range of health problems, including liver cancer.
• Theme 2022: ‘Bringing hepatitis care closer to you’
• The date of 28 July was chosen because it is the birthday of Nobel-prize winning scientist Dr Baruch Blumberg, who discovered the hepatitis B virus (HBV) and developed a diagnostic test and vaccine for the virus.
2) “World Nature Conservation Day” is observed every year on –
A. 26th July
B. 27th July
C. 28th July
D. 29th July
• World Nature Conservation Day is observed on 28th July every year.
• The main objective of celebrating this day is to raise awareness about protecting nature and adopting best practices for conserving our natural resources.
• The Earth is supplied a limited amount of properties that we all rely upon each day like water, air, soil and trees.
• Theme 2022: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
3) Which nation will host ICC Women’s ODI World Cup 2025?
A. Sri Lanka
• India will host the ICC Women’s ODI Cricket World Cup 2025.
• This was confirmed by the International Cricket Council (ICC) during its ongoing ICC Annual Conference in Birmingham.
• The Women’s ODI World Cup 2025 will be the fifth time India will host an ICC Women’s tournament.
• The ICC Women’s ODI World Cup 2025 will comprise eight teams and a total of 31 matches.
• India had previously hosted four ICC Women’s World Cups.
• Bangladesh has been awarded the hosting rights for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024, England will host ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2026 and Sri Lanka will host the inaugural edition of the ICC Women’s Champions Trophy.
4) FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 isscheduled to be held in –
B. New Zealand
• The Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) Under 17 Women’s World Cup 2022 is scheduled to be held in India between October 11 and 30, 2022.
• FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 will be the seventh edition of the biennial youth tournament.
• This will be the first-ever FIFA women’s competition to be hosted by India.
• All India Football Federation (AIFF) has proposed to hold the matches in 3 venues namely Bhubaneshwar; Navi Mumbai and Goa.
• Union Cabinet has approved a financial outlay of Rs. 10 crore assistance to AIFF for the same.
5) Which former Indian cricketer has been appointed to ICC Cricket Committee?
A. Virender Sehwag
B. Anil Kumble
C. VVS Laxman
D. Javagal Srinath
• Former Indian batter VVS Laxman has been appointed to the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Men’s Cricket Committee as a current player representative.
• Laxman, who is currently the chief of the National Cricket Academy (NCA), has been appointed alongside former New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori.
• Apart from them, former West Indies cricketer Roger Harper has been appointed as the second past player representative.
6) Which animal features in the 36th National Games 2022, to be held in Gujarat?
• Gujarat has been approved to host the 36th National Games between September 27 and October 10, in 2022.
• The last edition of the National Games was organised in Kerala in 2015.
• Gir Lion and Statue of Unity with Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel are seen in the logo of the Games.
• IOA (Indian Olympic Association) accepted the proposal of Gujarat for hosting the event after 7 years.
7) Which country’s crown prince has unveiled a futuristic eco-city, “NEOM”?
B. Saudi Arabia
• Sauri Arabia’s crown prince has unveiled a futuristic ecocity NEOM featuring parallel structures of mirrorencased skyscrapers extending across a swathe of desert and mountain terrain.
• The parallel structures of mirror-encased skyscrapers extending over 170 kilometres (more than 100 miles), known collectively as The Line, form the heart of the Red Sea megacity NEOM.
• The eco-city was first announced in 2017.
8) Which nation will host the SCO Foreign Ministers Meeting?
• The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Council of Foreign Ministers will be meeting in Uzbekistan on July 28, 2022.
• The Union External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar is set to visit Uzbekistan to take part in the meeting.
• The Union Minister is participating in the meeting at the invitation of the Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan, Vladimir Norov.
• This will be the first time when EAM Jaishankar will share a table with his Pakistani counterpart Bilawal Bhutto.
9) Who has been appointed as Additional Director of LIC HFL Board?
A. G Rajkiran Rai
B. Ravi Gupta
C. Ravi Kishan Takkar
D. Viswanatha Gowd
• The Board of Directors of LIC Housing Finance Ltd (LIC HFL) has approved the appointment of Ravi Kishan Takkar as an Additional Director (Independent) for a period of five years.
• He served as an MD & CEO of UCO Bank for three years till November 01, 2018.
• About LIC HFL: Founded- 19 June 1989; Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra; MD & CEOViswanatha Gowd; LIC HFL is a subsidiary company of LIC.
10) Which city has hosted ‘Incredible India Kargil Marathon and Tourism Festival, 2022’?
• The two-day Ladakh Tourism Festival-2022 commenced recently in Kargil district.
• Several cultural programs will be organized, to present the tradition and culture of Kargil district to outsiders.
• Incredible India Kargil Marathon was also launched on the occasion.
• Traditional food stalls, display of traditional sports including horse polo and Archery sports were organised.
• Zanskar Festival is scheduled in September.
11) What is the GST rate for fresh Milk and pasteurised Milk?
• The government on 25th July, clarified that fresh milk and pasteurised milk are fully exempted from Goods and Service Tax (GST).
• Further, milk products like curd, lassi, butter milk and paneer are also exempted from GST if sold in forms other than those pre-packaged and labelled.
• In a written reply in the Lok Sabha, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said a nominal GST of 5 per cent applies to curd, lassi, butter milk and paneer when sold in pre-packaged and labelled form, and Ultra HighTemperature Milk.
• Further, a GST of 12 per cent applies to condensed milk, butter, ghee and cheese. GST exemptions and rates apply uniformly across States.
12) Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Paytm Payments Services Ltd?
A. B Preet Singh
B. Sameer Nigam
C. Nakul Jain
D. Kunal Shah
• Listed fintech unicorn Paytm’s parent One97 Communications has appointed Nakul Jain as the CEO of Paytm Payments Services Ltd (PPSL).
• Praveen Sharma, who is currently acting as the CEO of PPSL, has been moved to lead its commerce vertical of the company along with sharing otherresponsibilities.
• Nakul Jain earlier served as managing director of private banking, priority banking, deposits and branch banking at Standard Chartered Bank.
13) India’s first all-women-run cooperative bank will be set up in –
• Government of Rajasthan recently signed a MoU with Stree Nidhi Credit Cooperative Federation of Telangana government to set up first ever all women-run cooperative bank called “Rajasthan Mahila Nidhi”.
• The Rajasthan Mahila Nidhi will be established along the same lines as the Telangana Stree Nidhi.
• It will empower self-help groups in the state by providing timely loan facilities.
• During the first two years of its operations, it will get a grant of ₹50 crores from the State government. Mahila Nidhi will include all of Rajeevika’s cluster-level federations as members.
14) IMF has slashed India’s growth rate forecast for FY2022-23 to –
• The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut the gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast for Indian economy in the current financial year FY23 by 80 basis points to 7.4 percent.
• Earlier this was estimated at 8.20 percent.
• Similarly, IMF has also slashed India’s growth forecast for FY24 at 6.1 percent as against 6.9 percent earlier.
15) Who has been appointed as the CEO of Indian Deaf Cricket Association?
A. Sarfaraz Jalil
B. Kedar Ranjan
C. Roma Balwani
D. Akhilesh Kumar
• Indian Deaf Cricket Association (IDCA), the governing body for deaf cricket in India, has appointed Roma Balwani as its CEO and Brand Custodian effective from July 2022.
• In her new role, she will be responsible for creating a corporate structure and establishing the brand IDCA as the apex body for deaf cricket in India.
• Sumit Jain, President of IDCA announced the appointment.
Leave a Comment