1) Which country has topped the Medal Tally at 2022 World Athletics Championships?
• The World Athletics Championship 2022 was held in Eugene, Oregon, United States, from July 15–24, 2022.
• A total of 22 Indian athletes, including 18 men and 4 women, represented the country at the sports event.
• However, the campaign of Indian contingents ended with one silver medal, which was earned by Neeraj Chopra in the javelin throw event.
• The United States has topped the medal tally with overall 33 medals, which include 13 gold, 9 silver, and 11 bronze medals.
2) Recently, How many wetlands have been designated in India?
A. 2 wetlands
B. 3 wetlands
C. 5 wetlands
D. 7 wetlands
• Five new wetlands of International importance have been designated in India.
• With this, the total Ramsar sites in the country have been increased from 49 to 54 Ramsar sites.
Newly designated wetlands are:
• Karikili Bird Sanctuary, Tamil Nadu
• Pallikaranai Marsh Reserve Forest, Tamil Nadu
• Pichavaram Mangrove, Tamil Nadu
• Pala wetland, Mizoram
• Sakhya Sagar, Madhya Pradesh.
3) 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad is designated to be held in –
• The 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad is designated to be held in Chennai from July 28 to August 10, 2022.
• This will be the first time that India is hosting the Chess Olympiad. The event is being organised in Asia after 30 years, since it kicked off in 1927.
• The official logo and mascot of the Olympiad is a chess knight called Thambi (meaning Younger brother in Tamil).
• A record 187 countries will participate in the event, making it the world’s biggest chess event.
• A total of 188 teams in the Open section and 162 in the Women’s section will participate in the Olympiad.
• From India, total 30 Indian players will take part across six teams (Three in open and three women).
4) Who has been appointed as the Chief Economist at World Bank?
A. Janet Yellen
B. Indermit Gill
C. Hernando de
D. Alex Tabarrok
• The World Bank has appointed Indian national Indermit Gill as the Chief Economist and Senior VicePresident for Development Economics at the multilateral development bank.
• Indermit Gill will be the second Indian, after Kaushik Basu, to become the chief economist of World Bank.
• Gill will assume the new role from September 1, 2022 and will replace Carmen Reinhart.
• He is currently working as vice president for equitable growth, finance, and institutions, at World Bank.
• Kaushik Basu was the first Indian to serve this post from 2012-2016.
5) Who has been appointed as the interim CEO of the National Land Management Corporation (NLMC)?
A. Rajiv Kumar
B. Vinayak Pai
C. Sanjay Kumar Jain
D. Rajarshi Gupta
• The Centre has appointed Sanjay Kumar Jain as interim CEO of the National Land Management Corporation (NLMC).
• NLMC will own, hold, manage and monetize such land and assets of the PSUs that are to be closed down and the surplus non-core land assets of government-owned companies under strategic disinvestment.
• NLMC has incorporated on June 3 as a wholly-owned Government of India company with an initial authorized share capital of Rs 5,000 crore and paidup share capital of Rs 150 crore.
6) Which athlete has pulled out of Commonwealth Games 2022 due to injury?
A. PV Sindhu
B. Kidambi Srikanth
C. Neeraj Chopra
D. Mirabai Chanu
• Olympic gold medalist and star Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra has pulled out of Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham due to an injury, which he sustained during the finals of the World Athletics Championships in Oregon.
• The news comes as a major blow to India’s medal chances in the javelin throw.
• Chopra recently won India’s first-ever silver medal at the World Athletics Championships.
7) Which bank will be among the world’s top 10 most valuable banks after its merger with its parent?
A. Indusind Bank
B. Axis Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. HDFC Bank
• HDFC Bank will be among the world’s top 10 most valuable banks after its merger with parent HDFC.
• The combined market cap of HDFC Bank and HDFC would be around USD 160 billion.
• HDFC Bank is worth more than DBS Group and UBS (both valued at around $58 billion). The country’s largest lender State Bank of India ($57 billion) is at number 32 ahead of BNP Paribas ($55 billion) in terms of valuation. The combined market cap of HDFC Bank and HDFC ($52 billion) would be around $160 billion.
• HDFC Bank is a systemically important bank in India along with SBI and ICICI Bank.
8) Who has won the Swiss Open 2022 held in Gstaad, Switzerland?
A. Novak Djokovic
B. James Dwight
C. Casper Ruud
D. Roger Federer
• Ruud had also won the 2021 Swiss Open title.
• Norway’s Casper Ruud has won the Swiss Open 2022 held in Gstaad, Switzerland.
• He defeated Italy’s Matteo Berrettini in the final by 4-6, 76(4), 6-2.
• It was Ruud’s 9th Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) title.
• The Swiss Open is Ruud’s 3rd title in 2022, the other two titles are Buenos Aires and Geneva Open.
9) Which country’s Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is the World’s busiest airport?
• The Airports Council International (ACI) World released the annual World Airport Traffic Dataset on July 25, 2022 to reveal the global air traffic rankings of the top 20 aviation industry for the full year 2021.
• Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) has topped the 2021 Rankings with 7.6 crore passengers in terms of passenger footfall in the year 2021.
• From India, the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in New Delhi has been ranked among the top 20, as the 13th busiest airport. IGIA witnessed 3.7 crore passengers footfall in 2021, which is 30.3% more than 2.8 crore in 2020, when IGI was ranked 16th.
• The list of top 20 busiest airport represents 19% of global traffic (863 million passengers).
10) Which Indian state has instituted District Climate Change Missions (DCCM)?
A. Himachal Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
• The Tamil Nadu government recently instituted of District Climate Change Missions (DCCM) across 38 districts in the state.
• The DCCMs will be administered by District Collectors as ‘Mission Directors’ while District forest officers (DFOs) will function as ‘climate officers’.
• The collectors will prepare district-level climate change mitigation and adaptation plans and provide inputs for lowcarbon, climate-resilient development plans.
11) Which Union Ministry has launched the “Bal Raksha” mobile app?
A. AYUSH Ministry
B. Jal Shakti Ministry
C. Railway Ministry
D. Home Ministry
• Union Ayush Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has
inaugurated a vaccination center for children at the
All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in New Delhi.
• He also launched the Bal Raksha mobile app, which is aimed at creating awareness of pediatric preventive healthcare through Ayurveda intervention amongst parents.
• The app will also collect feedback from parents regarding the kit’s impact on their children’s health and immunity.
12) Which state government has launched the “Smart E-Beat” system for police attendance?
• Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has launched the’smart e-beat’ system, and flagged off 119 motorcycle riders of the Gurugram police.
• Mr. Lal said it is an app-based system which will mark the attendance of the policemen. Till now, the officers, deployed at the beat, used to mark their attendance manually as there was no system to monitor them.
• The new system will cover all 33 police stations located inthe urban area of Gurugram.
• Under this new initiative, every rider has to download the e-beat app on his mobile phone. The riders mark their attendance by punching on this app after visiting the deployed beat areas.
13) Who is the author of the book titled “Dilip Kumar: In the Shadow of a Legend”?
A. Durjoy Datta
B. Samit Basu
C. Romila Thapar
D. Faisal Farrqui
• A new book on the legendary actor of Indian cinema, Yusuf Khan, better known as Dilip Kumar, has been released by author Faisal Farooqui.
• The book is titled “In the Shadow of a Legend: Dilip Kumar”.
• The book is a tribute to Dilip Kumar the man more than Dilip Kumar the actor.
• Farooqui is the founder and CEO of Mouthshut.com, one of India’s leading review and rating platforms.
14) Which is the host city of ‘International Conference on Chemistry and Applications of Soft Materials (CASM 2022)’?
• The CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram, has hosted an International Conference on Chemistry and
• Applications of Soft Materials (CASM 2022).
• Over 300 delegates from within the country and abroad are expected to attend the conference, as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.