1) Which brand become ‘Most Valuable Brand in 2022’, as per “Brand Finance 2022 Global 500 report”?
• Apple has retained its position as the most valuable brand in 2022 as well, according to the Brand Finance 2022 Global
• 500 report.
• The brand valuation of Apple was recorded at $355.1 billion in 2022, which is an increase of 35% from last year.
• This is the highest brand value ever recorded in the Brand Finance Global 500 ranking history.
• Other brands in top 10 are: Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Walmart, Samsung, Facebook, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Huawei and Verizon respectively.
2) Name of maritime exercise recently conducted by Western Naval Command?
A. PASCHIM LEHAR
D. VIJAY PRAHAR
• Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy conducted a joint maritime exercise Paschim Lehar (XPL-2022) off the West Coast which concluded on January 25, 2022.
• The exercise continued for 20 days and was conducted with an aim to enhance Inter-Service synergy among the Indian Navy, IAF, Indian Army and Coast Guard.
• The Western Naval Command (HQ- Mumbai) is one of the three command–level formations of the Indian Navy. Other two are Eastern Naval Command (HQVisakhapatnam) and Southern Naval Command (HQKochi)
3) Which country recently delivered 70,000 AK-203 Kalashnikov assault rifles to India?
• Russia delivered all the contracted 70,000 AK-203 Kalashnikov assault rifles to the Indian Armed Forces on January 25, 2022.
• The Indian Armed Forces had placed an order for 670,000 rifles, for which the contract was signed on December 06, 2021 between India and Kalashnikov (Russian defense manufacturing unit).
• The total cost of the contract is around ₹5,124 crore.
• The contract included procuring 70,000 rifles off the shelf.
4) Recently, Which state has got its first-ever scientific bird atlas?
A. Andhra Pradesh
• Kerala Bird Atlas (KBA), the first-of-its-kind State-level bird atlas in India, has created solid baseline data about the distribution and abundance of bird species across all major habitats, giving an impetus to futuristic studies
• It is being conducted as a citizen science-driven exercise with the participation of over 1,000 volunteers of the birdwatching community KBA has been prepared based on systematic surveys held twice over 60 days a year.
5) PMC Bank (Transferor Bank) has been amalagamated with which bank?
A. Unity Small Finance Bank
B. Yes Bank
C. RBL Bank
D. Punjab Gramin Bank
Answer(A)Unity Small Finance Bank
• The Government of India on January 25, 2022 has sanctioned and notified the Scheme for the amalgamation of the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank Ltd. (PMC Bank) with Unity Small
Finance Bank Ltd. (USFBL).
• This means that from January 25, 2022 all the branches of the PMC Bank will function as branches of Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd.
• Unity Small Finance Bank Limited is promoted by Centrum Financial Services Limited along with Resilient Innovation
6) India’s 1st graphene innovation centre will soon be established in –
C. Tamil Nadu
• The India’s first graphene innovation centre will soon be established by the Digital University Kerala (DUK).
• The university has joined hands with the Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET), Thrissur, to set up the India Innovation Centre for Graphene in the State.
• The Ministry of Electronics and IT has accorded sanction for a ₹86.41-crore project in this regard
7) CDRI has developed ‘Omicron’ testing kit named
C. Mylab OMI
• CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) has developed an indigenous RT-PCR diagnostic kit, ‘Om’, for the testing of the Omicron variant of coronavirus.
• It is the first kit made by any government institution, and the third to be made indigenously, for specific testing of Omicron.
• Currently, two more such kits developed by private players are available in the market. The kit will give test results in around two hours.
• Om enables quick and cost-effective detection of omicron variants over genome sequencing for a large population. It was made within two months and will cost around ₹150
8) Which Union Minister has launched a mobile app called “MyCGHS”?
A. Mansukh Mandaviya
B. Rajnath Singh
C. G. Kishan Reddy
D. Bhupendra Yadav
• The Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviyalaunched the revamped website and mobile app of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) on January 24, 2022.
• The website is www.cghs.gov.in and the mobile app is called “MyCGHS”.
• The new features will benefit more than 40 lakh beneficiaries with real-time information from the convenience of their homes.
• The website has been made 3U compliant, where u stands for Usable, User-Centric and Universally Accessible.
9) Which organization has won the “Global Healthy Workplace Award”?
A. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
B. Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL)
C. Coal India Limited (CIL)
D. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Answer(B)Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL)
• Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IndianOil) has emerged as the first Indian PSU to win the Global Healthy Workplace Award 2021 in the ‘Large Scale Industry’ category
• The award acknowledges IndianOil’s unwavering focus on upholding best healthy practices at the workplace.
• The award also honours the company’s extensive endeavours to support its employees’ mental and physical wellbeing to nurture a happy, positive and productive workplace.
10) Which award was recently rejected by the former CM of West Bengal BuddhadebBhattacharya?
A. Padma Shree
B. Padma Vibhushan
C. Padma Bhushan
D. Bharat Ratna
• Veteran CPI(M) leader and former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on 25th January 2021, rejected the Padma Bhushan award.
• “I know nothing about this award. No one has told me anything about it. If they have decided to offer Padma Bhushan to me, I refuse to accept it,” Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said in a statement.
• Buddhadeb Vattacharjee is an Indian politician and a former member of the Politburo of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). He was the Chief Minister of West Bengal from 2000 to 2011
11) Recently which Govt. approves 15% reservation for women in non-gazetted police posts?
A. West Bengal
• Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha announced 15 percent reservation for Women in nongazetted posts of J&K Police on the occasion of National Girl Child Day on January 24,2022.
• This landmark decision will further strengthen women empowerment in the Union Territory.
• He said, the Jammu and Kashmir government is committed to ensure social and economic empowerment of women while addressing longstanding inequalities to build a more just and resilient society
12) Spices Board of India has launched India’s first portal for spice exports. What is the name of the portal?
A. Spice Xchange India
B. Spice Trade India
C. Spice Export India
D. Spice Chat India
Answer(A)Spice Xchange India
• The Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Som Parkash inaugurated India’s first portal for spice exports named ‘Spice Xchange India’ at a hybrid event held in Kochi.
• The spicexchangeindia.com portal has been launched by the Spices Board of India.
• The portal is a 3D virtual platform, that makes use of artificial intelligence (AI)-based technology to connect India’s spice exporters with buyers from around the world
13) How many Padma Awards are given in 2022?
• The Padma Awards are one of the highest civilian Awards in India. They are conferred in three categories namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
• The awards are announced every year on the occasion of Republic Day on January 26, in various disciplines/ fields of activities, such as art, social work, public affairs, science and engineering, trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service, etc.
• The 2022 Padma Award has been conferred upon 128 winners.
14) Which bank has launched EASY PAY integrated Debit Card facility in a Fitness Watch?
A. Bank of Baroda
B. Karur Vysya Bank
C. City Union Bank
D. Indian Overseas Bank
Answer(C)City Union Bank
• City Union Bank, in partnership with GOQii(smarttechenabled preventive healthcare platform) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced the launch of RuPay On –The-Go Payment solution through their Debit Card in a Fitness Watch.
• CUB EASY PAY is a payment method by City Union Bank. Now the bank has integrated this feature of Debit Card in a Fitness Watch. For this Customers need to hold this wristwatch in front of the PoSdevice during payment like tapping the card on PoS.For payments above ₹5,000, customers need to tap and enter their PIN.
15) What is India’s rank in the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2021?
• Transparency International has released the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2021 in which India has been ranked at 85th spot (Score of 40).
• The ranking has been topped jointly by three countries- Denmark, Finland and New Zealand. (Score of 88) ➢ Last year (for 2020) India was ranked 86th with a score of 40.
• This year’s Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) reveals that corruption levels are at a worldwide standstill. The global average remains unchanged for the tenth year in a row, at just 43 out of 100 points