1) Who is the first Indian President to be born in independent India?
A. Droupadi Murmu
B. Ram Nath Kovind
C. Pranab Mukherjee
D. Pratibha Patil
• Droupadi Murmu took oath as the 15th President of India on July 25, 2022.
• The Chief Justice of India, NV Ramana administered the oath of office of President in the Central Hall of Parliament.
• She has become the second woman President of India and first-ever tribal woman to hold the highest Constitutional post.
• She is also the first Indian President to be born in independent India.
2) Who has become the first-ever Indian to win silver at World Athletics Championships?
A. Neeraj Chopra
B. Eldhose Paul
C. Rohit Yadav
D. Avinash Sable
• Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra became the firstever Indian athlete to win Silver with a throw of 88.13 meters in the men’s Javelin finals at the World Athletics Championships on July 24, 2022.
• He had started the final event with a foul throw, followed by throws of 82.39m and 86.37m.
• He finally recorded the distance of 88.13m in his fourth attempt and came in contention for the silver medal.
• Anderson Peters of Grenada won the gold medal in the event with a throw of 90.54m.
• The other Indian in the final event, World Championships debutant Rohit Yadav finished at the 10th position with throws of 78.72m, 78.05m and 77.95m.
3) Which state government has decided to launch ‘Family Doctor Project’?
B. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
• Andhra Pradesh state government has decided to implement the “Family Doctor Project” on a pilot basis in Padmanabham mandal of Visakhapatnam district.
• The project is expected to be launched from August 15, 2022.
• It aims to improve health services, especially among the rural population.
• Under the project, a doctor from Primary Health Centre (PHC) will look after the health needs of people in Ward and Village Sachivalayam and provide patient services for the residents from 9 am to 12.30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
4) Which state government has launched an Employees Cashless Medical Scheme?
A. Uttar Pradesh
• Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath has launched a scheme Deen Dayal Upadhyaya State Employees Cashless Medical Scheme.
• Objective- To provide cashless medical facilities to state government employees, pensioners, and their dependents.
• The eligible people will receive cashless medical facilities at government-run institutions, medical colleges, and hospitals without any financial limit.
• Also, these facilities up to Rs 5 lakh will be available under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
5) Recently, Which state government has launched the tourism policy 2021 for the state?
B. West Bengal
• Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has launched the tourism policy 2021 for the state.
• Objective – To revive, renew and revamp the tourism sector of the state, to provide a different dimension and perspective as to how the world views the state of Jharkhand.
• Under the policy, the government would provide a single window system, capital investment subsidy at 20-25% up to a limit of Rs 10 crore, and reimbursement of 75% of net GST paid for a period of five years to the investors in state’s tourism sector.
6) Which IIT institute has launched the NIRMAN Accelerator Program?
A. IIT Hyderabad
B. IIT Madras
C. IIT Kanpur
D. IIT Roorkee
• The Startup Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC) at IIT Kanpur has launched the NIRMAN Accelerator Program.
• It is supported by the Department of Science and Technology.
• 15 start-ups will be selected and given the opportunity to accelerate their product journey from ‘lab to market’.
• The programme will focus on the manufacturing startups engaged in healthcare and agriculture domains to help them overcome the challenges from their prototype-tomarket journey.
7) Which Indian state police recently launched eFIR system?
• Union Minister Home Minister Amit Shah launched the eFIR system of Gujarat Police in Gandhinagar.
• The system will enable the citizens to file an FIR online, without visiting the police stations.
• All important services of Gujarat Police will be made available online.
• Within 48 hours of registering the FIR, the police will contact the complainant directly.
8) Sports Authority unveils “Create for India” campaign to cheer for Team India Commonwealth Games in –
D. Los Angeles
• The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has started a new initiative to cheer for Team India, under which SAI has launched the campaign “Create for India” to cheer Indian contingents participating in the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
• A 215-member Indian athlete contingent is set to participate across 16 disciplines in this sports event, which is scheduled to take place from July 28, 2022 to August 08, 2022.
• The motto of the CWG 2022 is “Games for Everyone.”
9) Who has won the 2022 F1 French Grand Prix?
A. George Russell
B. Carlos Sainz
C. Lewis Hamilton
D. Max Verstappen
• Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has won the Formula One (F1) 2022 French Grand Prix, held on July 24, 2022.
• For Max Verstappen, this is his overall 27th race win and second consecutively at the French GP.
• Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) stood second and George Russell (Mercedes – Britain) came third.
10) Which country has launched the 2nd of three space station modules named, ‘Wentian’?
D. South Korea
• On July 24, 2022, the Chinese space agency successfully launched the second of three modules needed to complete its new Tiangong space station, under its ambitious space programme.
• The uncrewed craft is named Wentian, which literally means “quest for the heavens”.
• This module was launched by a Long March 5B rocket from the Wenchang launch centre on China’s tropical island of Hainan.
• The first and central module called Tiangong, which means “heavenly palace”, was launched in April 2021.
• The third and final module named Mengtian, is scheduled to be launched in October 2022.
11) Indian Navy conducted a Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) with which country in the Andaman Sea?
• A Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) was conducted between Japan Maritime Self Defense Force and Indian Navy on 23 Jul 22 in Andaman Sea.
• INS Sukanya, an offshore patrol vessel and JS Samidare, a Murasame class destroyer, undertook various exercises including seamanship activities, aircraft operations and tactical manoeuvres as part of the operational interaction.
• The two countries have been carrying out regular exercises in IOR towards reinforcing maritime association.
12) Who became the first Bangladeshi to scale the 2nd highest mountain peak “K2”?
A. MA Muhith
B. Musa Ibrahim
C. Wasifa Nazreen
D. Nishat Majumder
• Mountaineer Wasifa Nazreen became the first Bangladeshi to scale the second highest mountain peak K2 in Pakistan.
• She climbed the 8611 metres or 28,251 feet high K2 mountain peak and returned to the base camp.
• Wasifa Nazreen climbed Mount Everest in 2012. She is the second woman from Bangladesh to do so.
13) Who has been selected as the new CEO of Vodafone India?
A. Jagbir Singh
B. Arvind Nevatia
C. Akshaya Moondra
D. Manish Sansi
• Vodafone Idea has appointed Akshaya Moondra as its chief executive officer with effect from August 19, for a period of three years.
• The appointment comes in the wake of current CEO Ravinder Takkar’s three-year tenure coming to an end on August 18.
• Takkar, though will continue to be a non-executive and non-independent director of the company post completion of his term as the MD & CEO, the company said in a statement.
Leave a Comment