24th February Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of "Thums Up"?
A. Shah Rukh Khan
B. Ranveer Singh
C. Shahid Kapoor
D. Anil Kapoor
• Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has been appointed as the brand ambassador for Thums Up.
• Thums Up is owned by Coca-Cola.
• Earlier Shahrukh Khan was associated with the cold drink brand Pepsi Co.
• Thums Up was acquired by The Coca-Cola Company in 1993.
2) Which institute has launched "KISAN" mobile app?
A. IIT Dhanbad
B. IIT Patna
C. IIT Jodhpur
D. IIT Roorkee
• KISAN mobile app has been launched by IIT Roorkee for dissemination of Agromet Advisory Services.
• Through the KISAN mobile app, farmers can easily access the block-level weather forecast and weather-based Agromet Advisory Bulletins on their mobile phones.
• These Agromet Advisory Bulletins are being provided to the farmers for all six blocks of Haridwar district, Uttarakhand by Agro-Meteorological Field Unit (AMFU) Roorkee.
• The app is bilingual. Users can select either Hindi or English language.
• Farmers can also submit their feedback about bulletins.
3) Indian Railways building the India's 1st cable rail bridge in which state?
B. Jammu and Kashmir
• The Indian Railways has shared new images of the country’s first cable-stayed bridge on the Anji river in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district.
• The under-construction Anji Khad bridge, part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link (USBRL) project, will connect Katra and Reasi areas through rail links.
• The bridge will stand at a height of 331 metres above the river bed – higher than the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
• The total length of the bridge is 473.25 metres and it is supported by 96 cables.
4) Where did Himachal Pradesh get its first Biodiversity Park?
• Himachal Pradesh gets the first biodiversity park to make its contribution towards the conservation of endangered Himalayan herbs.
• This park is set to come up at Mandi’s Beulah valley.
• With the cost of Rs 1 crore, the biodiversity park is set up under the National Mission on Himalayan Studies (NMHS) by HP’s forest department.
• The aim of the park is to link tourism activities along with extending new opportunities for researchers to conduct in-depth exploration of various medicinal herbs found in the Himalayas that are on the verge of extinction.
5) The multination Exercise "Cobra Warrior 22" is organised annually by which country?
A. Saudi Arabia
B. United Kingdom
• Indian Air Force will be taking part in a multi-nation air exercise named ‘Exercise Cobra Warrior 22’ at Waddington, in United Kingdom from March 06 to 27, 2022.
• Five IAF Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas will participate in the exercise from the country to demonstrate its manoeuvrability and operational capability.
• Exercise Cobra Warrior is one of the largest annual exercises by the Royal Air Force (RAF). India will be participating in the exercise for the first time.
• Other countries participating are United Kingdom, Sweden, Saudi Arabia and Bulgaria.
6) Indian Council for Cultural Relations has organized a 3-day Craft festival in -
A. New Delhi
• The Craft Festival ‘Coalescence: Craft-CultureCommunityClimate' has been organized from 23rd to 25th February at Bikaner House in New Delhi.
• It was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs Meenakshi Lekhi.
• This will be celebrated as part of the Azadi Ka AmritMahotsav Week by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
• The three-day festival will be curated by Jaya Jaitly of Dastkari Haat Samiti.
• It will be based on Craft, Culture, Community, and Climate.
• The main objective of this festival is to not only showcase India’s music and dance but also promote the cuisine, crafts, and literature of India
7) Which has become the first university in India to get NBA accreditation?
A. Sharda University
B. GLA University
C. Chandigarh University
D. Jadavpur University
• Chandigarh University has received accreditation from the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for all its Engineering and MBA programs.
• That makes it the only university in the entire country to have NAAC A+ and NBA accreditation.
• Thus, Chandigarh University’s all engineering courses have become NBA accredited. These courses include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Aerospace
• Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, and Chemical Engineering, besides MBA courses.
8) Who has received Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians for 2021?
A. Jnaneswar Sen
B. Neena Gupta
C. Takuya Tsumura
D. Gaku Nakanishi
• The Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians for the year 2021 has been conferred upon Professor Neena Gupta, a mathematician of the Indian Statistical Institute in Kolkata.
• She has received the award for her outstanding work in affine algebraic geometry and commutative algebra.
• Prof Gupta is the fourth Indian and second female winner of the award from the country.
• About Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians: The
• Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians is named after the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. The prize is awarded annually by the International Centre for
9) Who has been elected as the new Chairman of the International Rubber Study Group (IRSG)?
A. Ajay Bhalla
B. V S Bhaskar
C. K.N. Raghavan
D. Sumeet Jerath
• Executive Director of the Indian Rubber Board, K.N. Raghavan has been elected the new Chairman of the International Rubber Study Group (IRSG).
• He will officiate as Chairman of the group for the next two years.
• He will preside over the meeting of the heads of delegation scheduled for March 31 at Singapore.
• International Rubber Study Group (IRSG), an intergovernmental organisation of natural and synthetic rubber producing and consuming countries. IRSG is the only forum for natural rubber (NR) and synthetic rubber (SR) producers and consumers to discuss matters affecting the world rubber industry and act as an interface between government and the Industry.
10) "Central Excise Day" is celebrated every year on-
A. 22nd February
B. 23rd February
C. 24th February
D. 25th February
• Central Excise Day is celebrated every year on February 24 across India.
• The day is being celebrated to honour the service of the Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) to the country.
• The day is celebrated to honour the officers associated with CBEC and their services. This is done to encourage the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity. The officers, every year perform checking of corruption in goods from the manufacturing sector.
• The day is celebrated to commemorate the legislation of the Central Excise and Salt act on 24 February 1944.