22th September Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Which country will host Women's T20 Asia Cup 2022?
B. Sri Lanka
• Women Asia Cup 2022 is scheduled to start on October 1, 2022, and will see the seven teams playing for the coveted cup.
• Bangladesh is set to host the Women Asia Cup 2022 and the match will be played at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.
• Seven teams will participate in the event – India Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Thailand, Malaysia and UAE. This is the eighth edition of the tournament.
• India will begin their campaign in the tournament against Sri Lanka and will play its opening match on October 1, 2022.
2) Which country has defeated Nepal to clinch maiden SAFF Women’s Championship title 2022?
• Bangladesh has secured the maiden SAFF Women’s Championship title at the Dashrath Rangshala Stadium in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Bangladesh defeated hosts Nepal by 3-1 in the finals.
• Sabina Khatun (Bangladesh skipper) has become the top scorer of the tournament with 8 goals in 5 matches. She was also named as the Most Valuable Player of the tournament for her extraordinary game. Bangladesh won the fair play award also.
• Best goalkeeper award- Rupna Chakma (Bangladesh)
3) Which Indian city is the host of ‘Global Fintech Conference’ in 2022?
A. New Delhi
• Global Fintech Fest is being organized by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the Payments Council of India (PCI) and the Fintech Convergence Council (FCC).
• It was attended by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
• The Finance Minister called upon fintech industry to take advantage of opportunities in green finance for building a sustainable financial environment.
4) Astana has been announced as the new Capital of which country?
• Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has signed a law limiting presidential terms and reverting to the old name of the country’s capital to “Astana”.
• The name was changed to “Nur-Sultan” in March 2019, in honour of outgoing President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
• Astana became the capital of Kazakhstan in 1997 when Nazarbayev, who led the country for three decades under the Soviet Union and after it gained independence in 1991, moved it there from Almaty.
5) Which state has topped the cases pending in Fast Track Courts?
B. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
• Uttar Pradesh accounts for more than 70% of the 13.81 lakh pending trials in Fast-Track Courts in cases of heinous crimes against women, children and senior citizens, according to data shared by Law Minister Kiren Rijiju with the chief justices of the high courts.
• More than 9.33 lakh cases are pending in the fast-track courts of Uttar Pradesh, followed by over 1.4 lakh cases in Maharashtra, 1.06 lakh cases in Tamil Nadu, 71,260 cases in West Bengal and 12,538 cases in Telangana.
• As many as 3,28,556 cases are pending in the FTSCs across 28 states and Union territories.
6) Which state/UT has become India's first state/UT to achieve 100% coverage of Precautionary dose?
B. Andaman Nicobar
• Andaman Nicobar Islands becomes India's first state/UT toachieve a cent percent coverage of Precautionary Dose.
• To date, more than 2,87,216 beneficiaries aged 18 have been vaccinated with a precautionary dose.
• The rate of vaccination has seen a spike after the 15th of July when Government decided to provide precautionary doses free of cost under 'Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav'.
• First, the Nicobar district has been fully vaccinated with a precautionary dose.
• Corbevax along with Covishield have been given as a precautionary dose in the islands.
7) Which film has been announced as India’s officialentry to Oscars 2023?
A. Veer-Isha Nu
B. The Kashmir Files
C. Shyam Singha Roy
D. Chhello Show
• “Chhello Show” the Gujarati movie has been announced as India’s official entry for Oscars 2023.
• Chhello Show is ready to release in theatres on October 14, 2022, in India. Pan Nalin is the director of the film.
• The film has been chosen in the Best International Feature Film category. The Film Federation of India has declared India’s official entry to the 95th Academy Awards.
• The 95th Academy Awards are scheduled to organize on March 12, 2023, in Los Angeles.
• Chhello Show is a coming-of-age drama and it revolves around a 9-year-old boy and his love affair with cinema, who lives in a remote village in India.
8) Which state’s health department has signed an MoU with Meghalaya for capacity building in healthcare services?
B. Tamil Nadu
• Tamil Nadu’s health department has signed an MoU with the state of Meghalaya for capacity building in healthcare services.
• The MoU was signed by health minister Ma Subramanian and his Meghalaya counterpart James P K Sangma.
• Under this MoU, healthcare providers from Tamil Nadu will train doctors and nurses in Meghalaya to run tertiary care maternity centres.
9) Which state Prison Department has launched "Prison Staff Attendance App" mobile application?
• Nagaland Prison Department has launched a Prison Staff Attendance App has been launched at the District Jail Kohima.
• The mobile app was initiated by the State Prison Department in collaboration with Excellogics Technology Solution Private Limited.
• Objective – To provide a comprehensive attendance management system that can make processes hasslefree.
10) Which bank has approved a loan of $150 million to Punjab for better finances?
B. World Bank
• World Bank has approved a loan of $150 million (nearly ₹1,200 crores) to Punjab to help it better manage its financial resources and improve access to public services.
• The $150 million loan has a maturity period of 15 years which includes 6 months period.
• World Bank mentioned its aim of providing monetary support to the state to bolster the capabilities of various government departments, help them manage fiscal risks, and make informed policy choices to support sustainable growth.
• Under the second initiative, a pilot project will demonstrate 24×7 water supply in selected areas of Amritsar and Ludhiana.
11) Who has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of NLC India Limited?
A. Rajesh Verma
B. Prasad K Panicker
C. Prasanna Kumar Motupalli
D. Sanjay Kumar Verma
• The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has selected Prasanna Kumar Motupalli as the Chairman and Managing Director of NLC India Limited.
• He is currently serving as the Executive Director of NTPC limited.
• He is a gold medalist in Mechanical Engineering and Master of Business Management in Operation Management, HR Management, Marketing, and Financial Management.
12) Linda Fruhvirtova has won Chennai Open 2022 title. She is from -
B. Czech Republic
• Linda Fruhvirtova from the Czech Republic has secured the WTA Chennai Open 2022 after beating third seed, Magda Linette from Poland by 4-6, 6-3, 6- 4 at the SDAT Stadium, Chennai.
• At 17 years and 141 days old, she is the youngest titlist of the season on the WTA Tour so far.
• She is the youngest singles champion on tour since Coco Gauff won Parma last year at 17 years, 70 days old.
13) Army Chief General Manoj Pandey has inaugurated Kargil International Marathon in -
A. New Delhi
B. Jammu & Kashmir
• Chief of Army Staff General Manoj Pandey has inaugurated Kargil International Marathon in Ladakh.
• The events are organized by the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC), Kargil, and Ladakh police in collaboration with Sarhad Pune.
• The events include runs of full length, Half, 10 km, and 5 km.
• In the International Marathon, over 2000 runners participated.
• General Manoj Pande is an Indian Army General serving as the 29th and the current Chief of the Army Staff.
14) Who has been appointed as the Director of IIT Goa?
A. Seshadri Sekhar
B. Rajat Moona
C. Pasumarthy Seshu
D. Rajiv Prakash
• President Droupadi Murmu has cleared the appointments of Directors to eight Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
• IIT, Madras Professor Seshadri Sekhar has been appointed as Director of IIT, Palakkad.
• IIT, Madras Professor Shreepad Karmalkar has been appointed as Director of IIT, Bhubaneshwar.
• IIT, Kharagpur's Venkayappaya R. Desai will be the new Director of IIT, Dharwad.
15) Indian and U.S. Coast Guard has conducted a joint exercise 'Abhyas-01/22' off the coast of -
• The Indian Coast Guard and American Coast Guard has conducted a joint exercise 'Abhyas-01/22' off the coast of Chennai on 19 September 2022.
• Joint exercise 'Abhyas-01/22' marked the culmination of the four-day goodwill visit of the US Coast Guard ship Midgett to Chennai.
• 418 feet long and 54 feet wide, the Midgett is the largest and most technologically advanced of the US Coast Guard’s newest classes of vessels.
16) The first trilateral Foreign Ministers’ meeting between India, France, and the UAE was held in which country?
• India, the UAE, and France held their first trilateral Foreign Ministers’ meeting in New York, the US on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.
• External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar arrived in New York on September 18, 2022, to participate in the high-level 77th session of the UN General Assembly.
• The session starts on September 20, 2022, with the opening of the General Debate.