1) What is India’s rank on Henley Passport Index in July 2022?
• India is ranked 87th on the Henley Passport Index.
• India’s passport allows visa-free access to 60 nations. Japan topped the Henley Passport Index.
• Japan has visa free access to 193 nations. Japanese passport remains most powerful for the fifth year in a row.
2) Which city has been selected as the host city for the World Athletics Championship 2025?
C. New Delhi
• The World Athletics Council has selected Tokyo (Japan) to host the 2025 World Athletics Championships.
3) Some public sector banks have connected to the AA ecosystem. What is the expansion of AA?
A. Affiliate Aggregator
B. Account Aggregator
C. Account Administrator
D. Amount Aggregator
• Public sector lender Punjab National Bank (PNB) has gone live on the account aggregator ecosystem as financial information user (FIU) as well as a financial information provider (FIP).
4) Which state government has partnered with the UNDP for DiCRA?
A. Andhra Pradesh
D. West Bengal
• Telangana government partnered with UNDP for Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture (DiCRA).
5) The ITBP has created its mountain-warfare training centre in which state/UT?
A. Himachal Pradesh
C. Jammu and Kashmir
D. West Bengal
• The new centre has been established in remote Dombang, abutting the LAC strong, and is located at a height of 10,040 ft. in Sikkim shares a 220 km front of the India-China LAC.
6) Who has appointed as Managing Director of ONGC Videsh Limited?
A. R K Gupta
B. Rajiv Kumar
C. Raj Shukla
D. Rajarshi Gupta
• Rajarshi Gupta has taken over as Managing Director of ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL), the overseas investment arm of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
• He replaces Alok Gupta who superannuated last month.
• Prior to this, he was Executive Director – Chief of Corporate Strategy & Planning in ONGC.
• Rajarshi Gupta has more than 33 years of wideranging experience in supervisory, managerial and strategic planning capacities in domestic and international operations of ONGC and ONGC Videsh.
7) Who unveiled ‘SPRINT Challenges’ for the Indian Navy in New Delhi?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Ram Nath Kovind
C. Amit Shah
D. Arvind Kejriwal
• Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi unveiled ‘SPRINT Challenges’, aimed at giving a boost to the usage of indigenous technology in the Indian Navy.
8) India and which country have signed an MoU in the field of wildlife conservation and sustainable biodiversity utilization?
B. South Sudan
• Cabinet approved an MoU between India and Maldives in the field of Judicial Cooperation.
• The Judicial Service Commission of Maldives and India have signed this MoU.
• This is the eighth MoU between India and other countries in the field of Judicial Cooperation.
9) NASA’s James Webb detects water in the atmosphere of a puffy gas giant planet. What is the name of the planet?
A. WASP-96 b
B. CoRoT 7b
D. None of the above
• NASA’s James Webb detects water in the atmosphere of a puffy gas giant planet.
• James Webb Space Telescope has detected water along with clouds and haze in the atmosphere of the WASP-96 b planet.
• WASP-96 b is a hot and puffy gas giant exoplanet in the Milky Way. It is located about 1,150 light-years away in the southern-sky constellation Phoenix.
10) Which of the following state/UT governments has decided to extend Mission Buniyaad?
A. Delhi government
B. Haryana government
C. Madhya Pradesh government
D. Rajasthan government
• Delhi government decided to extend Mission Buniyaad.
• Under Mission Buniyaad, students of government and Municipal Corporation of Delhi schools have shown 20%-30% improvement in literacy and numeracy skills.
• Mission Buniyaad was launched during the summer vacations to bridge the ‘learning gap’ that emerged due to the COVID-induced lockdown.
11) Indian Oil and _____________agreed to form a joint venture company to meet the power requirements of refineries.
D. Nuclear Power Corporation of India
• Indian Oil and NTPC formed a joint venture company to meet the power requirements of refineries.
• On 18 July, NTPC and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) signed an agreement to form a joint venture company to meet the power requirements of upcoming projects of IOC refineries.
• Indian Oil is planning to full fill the additional power requirement of 650MW by Dec 2024 for its refineries through renewable energy with the help of this joint venture (JV) company.
12) Which state government has launched a scheme named ‘SwanirbharNaari’, to empower indigenous weavers?
B. West Bengal
• Assam CM launched ‘Swanirbhar Naari’ scheme to empower weavers Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has launched ‘Swanirbhar Naari’ , a scheme to empower indigenous weavers in Assam’s Guwahati.
• Under the scheme, the state government will procure handloom items directly from the indigenous weavers via a web portal.
• Government has also urged the Handloom & Textiles department to promote Assamese gamosa (traditional scarf or towel), which is a unique handloom product, across the country.
13) Which company has launched Viva Engage app?
• Microsoft has introduced Viva Engage, a new app in Teams that helps build community and connection, along with providing tools for personal expression. On this app, leaders can share news and insights, answer questions, and facilitate two-way conversations.
• With Storyline and Stories features, employees can connect with coworkers, and share their thoughts, expertise, passions, and ideas.
• Microsoft Viva is designed to give employees across multiple roles and functions what they need to feel connected — no matter when or where they work.
14) As per the Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index, what is the rank of India in mobile speeds Index 2022?
• Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index June 2022: India ranks 118, topped by Norway India’s rankings fell by three spots in the median mobile speeds, according to Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index.
• India has at the number 115th spot in May this year, but it dropped down to 118th in June. In April and May, India’s mobile broadband speeds improved.
• But the month of June 2022, saw the median mobile download speeds in India decrease from 14.28 Mbps in May to 14.00 Mbps, according to the data.
Leave a Comment