1) Which team has won the 9th Pro Kabaddi League title in 2022?
A. Jaipur Pink Panthers
B. Puneri Paltan
C. Tamil Thalaivas
D. Bengaluru Bulls
• Jaipur Pink Panthers has defeated Puneri Paltan 33- 29 in the summit clash to emerge champions of the Pro Kabaddi League Season 9 champions.
• V Ajith, Sunil Kumar, and Arjun Deshwal emerged as the best players for Jaipur side with six points each.
• The tournament was played across Bengaluru, Pune, and Hyderabad while the playoffs were played in Mumbai.
• Jaipur Pink Panthers team is currently led by Sunil Kumar Malik and coached by Sanjeev Baliyan.
• The team is owned by Abhishek Bachchan.
2) “India’s 1st Infantry Museum” has been inaugurated in –
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
• India’s first and the World’s 2nd Infantry Museum was inaugurated in the Mhow Cantonment in Indore district, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
• It is named as Infantry Research Centre and Museum.
• It was inaugurated on 16th December 2022, the eve of 75 years of raising of the Infantry School and to commemorate the Vijay Diwas.
• The museum was made open to the public on 17th December 2022.
• The objective is to showcase the Infantry with the theme line “Infantry: The Ultimate.”
• The museum is situated in a three-story structure on a 2acre plot of land.
3) ‘Rythu Bandhu’ is a flagship scheme of which Indian state/UT?
C. Madhya Pradesh
• The ‘Rythu Bandhu’ initiative is being implemented by the state of Telangana.
• Through this scheme, the government provides agricultural investments to farmers at a rate of $10,000 per acre for both the Kharif and Rabi seasons.
• The state government plans to deposit Rs. 7,600 crores in farmers’ bank accounts by January, just in time for the Sankranti celebration.
4) Which state/UT has been adjudged in the “Social Progress Index 2022”?
• The Prime Minister Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC) on 20 December 2022 released the Social Progress Index (SPI) for States and Districts prepared by the Institute for Competitiveness and Social Progress Imperative.
• Puducherry, Lakshadweep, and Goa stand out as the bestperforming States in the index.
• Puducherry has the highest SPI score of 65.99 in the country, Lakshadweep scored 65.89 and Goa closely follow with 65.53.
• Jharkhand was ranked at the bottom, 36th with SPI score of 43.95 and Bihar was ranked at 35th with a score of 44.47.
5) Which state has topped in Average Monthly income per agricultural household?
• According to the 77th round of the Situation Assessment Survey (SAS) of Agricultural Households in the rural areas of India, Meghalaya tops the list of Average Monthly income per agricultural household.
• Meghalaya topped the list with a monthly agriculture household income of ₹29,348 followed by Punjab
• (₹26,701), Haryana (₹22,841), Arunachal Pradesh (₹19,225), Jammu and Kashmir (₹18,918), Union Territories (₹18,511), Mizoram (₹17,964), Kerala (₹17,915), The Northeast group is followed by (₹16,863), Uttarakhand (₹13,552), Karnataka (₹13,441), Gujarat (₹12,631), Rajasthan (₹12,520), Sikkim (₹12,447) and Himachal Pradesh (₹12,153).
6) Which state’s “Duare Sarkar” scheme has been selected at the Digital India Awards 2022?
D. West Bengal
• A flagship scheme of West Bengal, ‘Duare Sarkar’ (Government at doorstep) has been selected for the Platinum Award at the Digital India Awards 2022.
• The scheme has been awarded in the ‘Public Digital Platforms — Central Ministries, Departments and States’ category.
• President Droupadi Murmu will give the award to the state on January 7, 2023 at a function in Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
• ‘Duare Sarkar’ scheme was launched by Government of West Bengal in December 2020.
7) Who took over as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the “Kilo Force”?
A. Sanjiv Singh
B. Mohit Seth
C. Gaurav Jaiswal
D. Sanjay Kumar
• Major General Mohit Seth has took over as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Counter Insurgency
• Force Kilo.
• He took over from Major General Sanjiv Singh Slaria who has been moved to Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur.
• Major General Mohit Seth has also served as Indian Army Liaison Officer, High Commission of India, United Kingdom.
8) What is the name of the fifth Scorpene submarine of Project 75?
A. INS Kalavari
B. INS Khanderi
C. INS Vagir
D. INS Kharanj
• The fifth submarine, INS Vagir of Project 75, Kalvari Class submarines, Yard 11879, has been delivered to the Indian Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai on December 20, 2022.
• Project-75 includes the indigenous construction of six submarines of Scorpene design. These submarines are being constructed at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai, under collaboration with Naval Group, France.
• Vagir, which was launched on November 12, 2020, began sea testing on February 1, 2022, and it is a source of great pleasure because she has completed all key trials, including weapon and sensor trials, in the lowest amount of time in comparison to previous submarines.
9) Which state government has made mandatory of Aadhaar number for all of its schemes?
A. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
• The Tamil Nadu government has made mandatory of Aadhaar number or Aadhaar identification for all those who are eligible for benefits (other than minor children) under various government schemes.
• According to the order, the Aadhaar card is mandatory for government employees, government pensioners and beneficiaries of various schemes.
• The government has also announced remedial mechanisms if Aadhaar identification fails due to poor biometrics or any other reason.
10) Which Indian film has bagged three awards at the 2022 Philadelphia Film Critics Circle Annual Awards?
D. KGF 2
• The Indian film, ‘RRR’ has bagged three awards at the 2022 Philadelphia Film Critics Circle Annual Awards.
• Categorizes: Best Foreign Language Film, Best Cinematography, and Best Score/Soundtrack categories.
• Earlier, the film has also received nominations in two categories for 2023 Golden Globes.
• The film has been nominated in the Best Picture – NonEnglish Language category and “Naatu Naatu” in the Best Original Song – Motion Picture category.
11) Who has been awarded with first Rohini Nayyar prize?
A. Sethrichem Sangtam
B. Pawan Singh
C. Abhinandan Sharma
D. Krishna Ayer
• Sethrichem Sangtam, who runs an NGO that works with farmers in eastern Nagaland, has won the first Rohini Nayyar Prize for Outstanding Contribution to Rural Development.
• Sangtam works with 1,200 marginal farmers and their families in eastern Nagaland.
• He started the Better Life Foundation to concentrate on issues of rural livelihood security, environmental sustainability and education for change.
12) Which bank has launched a new special retail term deposit dubbed “Ind Shakti 555 days”?
A. Bank of India
B. Canara Bank
D. Indian Bank
• Indian Bank has launched a new special retail term deposit dubbed “Ind Shakti 555 days”.
• Special Retail Term Deposit Product “IND SHAKTI 555 DAYS” has offered a higher rate of interest for investment starting from Rs.5000 to less than 2 Crore for 555 days in the form of FD/MMD with callable options.
• An interest rate of 7% for the general public and 7.15% for senior citizens.
• It is offering an interest rate of 3.00% on deposits that mature in the next 30 to 45 days.
13) Which country is the host of the ‘UN Biodiversity Conference- COP15’?
• The United Nations Biodiversity Conference, often known as COP15, was held in Montreal, Canada.
• Governments from across the world have gathered to agree on a new set of environmental targets for the next decade.
• Negotiators at a UN biodiversity conference struck an agreement to invest USD 200 billion in biodiversity assistance by 2030.
14) Which state government will provide ₹500 per cylinder for poor families?
• The Rajasthan Government will provide 12 LPG cylinders per year to the poor families at Rs 500 per cylinder from 1 April 2023.
• This was announced by the Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at the Bharat Jodo Yatra in Alwar on 19 December 2022.
• He said the decision was taken to provide relief to the people suffering from unprecedented inflation and unemployment.
15) Which country will host the 13th World Trade Organisation (WTO) Ministerial meeting in February 2024?
D. Saudi Arabia
• The United Arab Emirates (UAE) will host the 13th World Trade Organisation (WTO) Ministerial meeting in February 2024.
• The African country of Cameroon had also expressed its willingness to host the 13th WTO ministerial meeting.
• The WTO’s 12th Ministerial Conference was held in Geneva, Switzerland, from 12 to 17 June 17, 2022. It was originally meant to be held in Kazakhstan in 2020, but was postponed due to the covid pandemic.
• The World Trade Organisation was set up on 1 January 1995 replacing the General Agreement on Tariff and Trade (GATT). Its main purpose is to promote rule based trading systems in the world and to settles trade related disputes between the member countries.
16) India’s 1st-ever Surety Bond Insurance products belongs to which financial company?
A. Muthoot finance
B. Bajaj alliance
C. TATA Capital
D. Aditya Birla
• Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, has inaugurated one of India’s first Surety Bond Insurance products from Bajaj Allianz.
• In response to the product introduction, Gadkari stated that India is well on its way to becoming a $5 trillion economy.
• According to him, insurance will play a significant part in this rise.
• The Minister expressed confidence that increasing our road network will lead to improved wealth, job opportunities, and social connectedness.
17) Which country has launched ‘Group of Friends’ to promote accountability for crimes against peacekeepers?
C. Sri Lanka
• India has recently launched a ‘Group of Friends’ to promote accountability for crimes against peacekeepers, during its current presidency of the UN Security Council.
• External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar announced that New Delhi will soon have a database that will record all crimes against the peacekeepers.
• India, Bangladesh, Egypt, France, Morocco and Nepal are co-chairs of the group.
• India, among the largest troop-contributing countries to UN peacekeeping, has lost 177 of its peacekeepers in the line of duty.
18) When is Sashastra Seema Bal’s raising day celebrated?
A. December 12
B. December 15
C. December 19
D. December 20
• Sashastra Seema Bal celebrates its ’59th Raising Day’ on December 20 with a dedication to a safe, secure, and prosperous India.
• Sashastra Seema Bal, or SSB, is an Indian border security organization that patrols the country’s borders with Nepal and Bhutan.
• It is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces and is overseen by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
• In the aftermath of the 1962 India-China conflict, it was thought that the frontiers of India should need an extra force along with the Tri-Forces (Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force).