20th September Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Which magazine has received the National Rajbhasha Kirti Award?
A. Vigyan Pragati
C. Biotech Express
D. Dream 2047
• Vigyan Pragati is a popular science magazine released by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The magazine has received the National Rajbhasha Kirti Award at the Second All India Rajbhasha Sammelan held at Surat from Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs. ‘Vigyan Pragati’ magazine aims at communicating Science and Technology to the masses in simple language.
• Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineering Limited (GRSE), Kolkata, has been awarded with the ‘Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar’ by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. GRSE was awarded by the Government of India for the best implementation of official language under public sector undertakings in region ‘C’ for the year 2021-22.
2) Which Union Ministers has presented INSPIRE awards to 60 startups?
A. Piyush Goyal
B. Jitendra Singh [R]
C. Nitin Gadkari
D. Amit Shah
• Union minister Jitendra Singh has presented INSPIRE awards to 60 startups and financial support to 53,021 students.
• The award is instituted by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), and these innovators will be extended complete incubation support for their entrepreneurship journey.
• Objective – To help build a critical human resource pool for strengthening, expanding the science and technology system and increase the research & development base.
3) Which football club has won 131st edition of the Durand Cup?
A. Hyderabad Football Club
B. Bengaluru Football Club
C. Mumbai City Football Club
D. East Bengal Football Club
• Sunil Chhetri-led Bengaluru Football Club beat Mumbai City FC 2-1 in the final of the 131st edition of Durand Cup at the Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan in Kolkata.
• This is 7th domestic title for Bengaluru Football Club.
• The 2022 Durand Cup was played across three states for the first time. A total of 47 matches were played across 3 cities: Kolkata, Guwahati & Imphal form 16th August to 18th September 2022.
• The former Foreign Secretary of British India, Mortimer Durand founded the Durand Cup in 1888. The Durand Cup was initially played only by the Armed services but in later years, the game was officially made open for the Professional Football Clubs.
4) Which country has emerged as the largest bilateral lender for Sri Lanka?
• India has emerged as the largest bilateral lender for Sri Lanka. The country has provided a total of 968 million US dollars in loans to the island nation in four months of 2022.
• India has overtaken China as the largest lender for Sri Lanka.
• Notably, in the past five years from 2017-2021, China has been the largest bilateral lender for Sri Lanka.
5) Who has become the first Indian to win 4 medals at World Wrestling Championships?
A. Ravi Kumar Dahiya
B. Bajrang Punia
C. Deepak Punia
D. Yogeshwar Dutt
• Bajrang Punia became the only Indian to claim four medals at the World Wrestling Championships by winning bronze on September 18, 2022.
• The Indian Wrestler Bajrang Punia has defeated Sebastian C Rivera of Puerto Rico with a close point of 11-9. The wrestler captured bronze in the men’s 65 kg category.
• He won his first bronze in 2013 in the 60kg category at Hungry.
• The wrestler again won a silver in the 2018 World Wrestling Championship in the 65 kg category at Budapest.
• Later in 2019, Bajrang again won a bronze in the 65 kg category at Nur Sultan.
6) Which state celebrates ‘Social Justice Day’ on the birthday of reformist leader E V Ramasamy?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. Andhra Pradesh
• On 17th September 2022, Tamil Nadu government celebrates the birthday of reformist leader E V Ramasamy (Periyar) as ‘Social Justice Day’ in the state.
• On that day every year, employees in all government offices including the State Secretariat would take pledges to follow values based on the leader’s ideals which include, brotherhood, equality, self-respect and rationalism.
• Erode Venkatappa Ramasamy was born on 17 September 1879 to Venkatappa Naicker and Chinnathyee Muthammal.
• He was commonly known as “Periyar”. He was an Indian social activist and politician who pioneered the SelfRespect Movement.
7) Which country has signed a formal MoU to join Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in 2023?
B. Sri Lanka
• Iran is set to become a permanent member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in 2023, when India will take over as the chair of the bloc.
• Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi arrived in the city of Samarkand to participate in the SCO leadership meeting, becoming the first Iranian president in 20 years to visit Uzbekistan.
• SCO Members: China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan & Uzbekistan
8) Which is the only bank in India to be chosen for "Best Workplaces in Asia 2022" by Great Place to Work authority?
A. IndusInd Bank
B. RBL Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. Federal Bank
• Federal Bank was ranked 63rd on the Best Workplaces in Asia 2022 and becomes the only bank in India to be listed by Great Place to Work, the global authority on workplace culture.
• The list is based on over one million survey responses across Asia and West Asia, representing the experience of over 4.7 million employees in the region.
• Federal Bank Limited is an Indian private sector bank headquartered in Aluva, Kochi. The bank has 1,272 branches spread across different states in India. It also representative offices abroad in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, and Dubai.
9) An evacuation warning due to Typhoon ‘Nanmadol’ has been issued to which country?
B. South Korea
C. The Philippines
• In Japan, millions of people were under evacuation warnings as Typhoon ‘Nanmodol’ brought strong winds and heavy rain to the Southwest of the country after making landfall overnight.
• The powerful system weakened since Typhoon Nanmadol arrived around Kagoshima City in the Southwestern region of Kyushu.
10) ‘Green Fins Hub’, a global digital platform for sustainable marine tourism, is associated with which global institution?
• The United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) along with the UK-based Charity Reef-World Foundation, recently launched ‘The Green Fins Hub’.
• It is a global digital platform that will give sustainable marine tourism a major boost.
• The platform will help diving and snorkeling operators to make simple, cost-efficient changes to their daily practices.
• The Green Fins Hub is the first-ever global marine tourism industry platform. It would give sustainable marine tourism a ‘major boost’. It is expected to scale up to reach a potential 30,000 operators worldwide from about 700 operators across 14 countries.
11) Which Doordarshan series has been launched by US Agency for International Development (USAID) and UNICEF?
A. Digital Namaste
B. Sapnoo ki udaan
C. Door Se Namaste
D. Junoon ke saath
• The US Agency for International Development(USAID) and UNICEF has launched the Doordarshan and YouTube series titled ‘Door Se Namaste’ in New Delhi.
• It is a fictional Hindi series developed in an educational format highlighting the challenges of a post-pandemic world and promoting the adoption of healthy behaviour and practices.
• The programme will be telecast on every Sunday from 11 AM to 12 noon.
12) What is India’s logistics cost as a proportion of GDP, as of 2022?
A. 9-10 %
B. 13-14 %
C. 15-16 %
D. 19-20 %
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the National Logistics Policy (NLP), which aims to promote seamless movement of goods across the country, by reducing logistics cost.
• It also aims to improve its competitiveness of Indian goods in domestic as well as global markets.
• India’s logistics cost as a proportion of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is estimated to be around 13-14 per cent.
13) Which country has partnered with China for its Moon exploration Missions?
• The Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC) of the UAE and the China National Space Agency (CNSA) have signed an MoU to work together on the UAE’s moon missions.
• This agreement marks the first joint space project between the two countries.
• Under the mission, the UAE will develop a rover named Rashid-2 & China will help it with the landing, data transmission, observation, and control.
14) Sumant Kathpalia has been re-appointed as the MD & CEO of -
A. Federal Bank
B. ICICI Bank
C. IDBI Bank
D. IndusInd Bank
• IndusInd Bank has re-appointed Sumant Kathpalia as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank for three years with effect from March 24, 2023.
• Kathpalia was first appointed as MD & CEO of IndusInd Bank in March 2020.
• Prior to joining IndusInd Bank, Kathpalia had stints with Citibank, Bank of America and ABN Amro.