1. According to NCRB, which state of India has ranked first in terms of suicide?
(1) Tamil Nadu
Correct Answer – (4) Maharashtra
- According to the annual report released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Maharashtra has
ranked first in terms of suicide.
- According to the report, there has been an increase in suicide cases in 2020 as compared to 2019.
- In the year 2020, 1,53,052 cases of suicide i.e. an average of 418 cases have been registered daily.
- According to statistics, Maharashtra reported 19,909 cases of suicide followed by Tamil Nadu, Madhya
Pradesh, West Bengal and Karnataka with 16,883, 14,578, 13,103 and 12,259 cases respectively.
2. What percentage of the World’s population are using a Mobile phone?
Correct Answer – (2) 65%
- Research firm We Are Social released a report titled “Digital 2021: October Global Snapshot”.
- As per the report, more than 65% of the world’s population now uses a mobile phone.
- Global mobile phone users reached 5.29 billion in October and the global users are increasing by nearly 100
million in the past year.
- The report also highlighted that social media users are likely to be adopted by 60% of the global population in the first half of 2022.
3. Which state government has recently announced Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-Adhikar Yojana?
(2) Madhya Pradesh
(4) West Bengal
Correct Answer – (2) Madhya Pradesh
- The Madhya Pradesh govt has announced the Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-adhikar Yojna.
- Under the scheme, the state government will provide plots to families that don’t have land to build their own homes.
- Residential plots to the eligible families will be provided on Abadi land in each Gram Panchayat.
- A family must consist of a couple and their unmarried children to be eligible for the scheme.
- Under the scheme, district collectors have been empowered with respect to the availability of Abadi land, and the maximum area of the plot for allotment will be 60 sq m.
4. Who has been awarded the Blackswan Award for Women Empowerment?
(1) Pratima Garg
(2) Roshni Nadar
(3) Renu Gupta
(4) Puneeth kumar
Correct Answer – (3) Renu Gupta
- Renu Gupta has been honoured with Blackswan Award for Women Empowerment at The Greatest Brands
and Leaders Summit, an initiative of URS Media Consulting P.L. & AsiaOne Magazine, in Oct’21.
- She is Managing Director at Red Velvet Rock Global Commercial Brokers LLC, Dubai.
- She was honoured for her contribution to making a change in society through her edge of business ideas based
5. Renu Sharma has been appointed as the Chief Secretary of which state?
Correct Answer – (3) Mizoram
- Central Government on 28th October 2021, appointed senior IAS officer Renu Sharma as the new chief
secretary of Mizoram which coincided with the state government appointing J C Ramthanga, the additional chief
secretary to the chief minister to the post.
- Both have been directed to take charge from November 1.
- Renu Sharma will replace Lalnunmawia Chuaungo, who has taken voluntary retirement from October 31.
- Sharma, an Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory cadre officer of 1988 batch, had already
been posted in Mizoram and was initially commissioner and secretary in the finance and general administration
departments between June 2011 and August 2012.
6. Which Union Minister has started ‘Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana’ in Dehradun?
(1) Nitin Gadkari
(2) Kiren Rijiju
(3) Amit Shah
(4) Piyush Goyal
Correct Answer – (3) Amit Shah
- The Union Home Minister Amit Shah on his day-long visit to Uttarakhand will launch Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana
- The aim of the scheme is to eliminate the burden of more than 3 lakh rural women in the state.
- Under the scheme, fodder will be provided at the rate of two rupees per kg at a 50 per cent subsidy.
7. Which Metro Corporation has bagged the ‘Best Passenger Services and Satisfaction’ award?
(1) Mumbai Metro
(2) Bengaluru Metro
(3) Kolkata Metro
(4) Delhi Metro
Correct Answer – (4) Delhi Metro
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has bagged the award for ‘Metro Rail with the Best Passenger
Services and Satisfaction’ by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It was awarded at the 14th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2021 by the Union Minister of Housing
and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation MD Dr. Mangu Singh received the award.
8. The 30th edition of Hunar Haat has been inaugurated on 29th October on
Correct Answer – (1) Dehradun
- 30th edition of “Hunar Haat” was inaugurated by the Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
and CM of Uttarakhand Pushkar Singh Dhami at Dehradun on 29 Oct 2021.
- Hunar Haat is a unique platform that brings the artisans of the entire nation under one roof.
- After Dehradun, it will be organized at Braj Raj Mahotsav, Vrindavan (from 10th November) and Lucknow (12
to 21 Nov), Pragati Maidan, New Delhi (14th to 27th Nov), Hyderabad (26 November to 5 December), Surat (10
to 19 December), New Delhi (22 December 2021 to 2 January 2022).
- “Hunar Haat” will also be organised in Mysuru, Guwahati, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Patna, Puducherry,
Mumbai, Jammu, Chennai, Chandigarh, Agra, Prayagraj, Goa, Jaipur, Bengaluru, Kota, Sikkim, Srinagar, Leh,
Shillong, Ranchi, Agartala and other places in the coming days.
9. Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has dedicated “Sardar Patel Leadership Centre” at
Correct Answer – (1) Mussoorie
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has dedicated to the nation “Sardar Patel Leadership Centre” at Lal Bahadur
Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie (Uttarakhand).
- The facility was inaugurated on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on October 31, 2021, which marks the
birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The Sardar Patel Leadership Centre aims to lay the foundation capacity building for future generations of Civil Servants from India and Abroad, as visualised by the Father of All India Services.
- The Centre aims to emerge as a Huge Resource Centre to provide continuous study and learning opportunities
to Civil Servants so that they learn from the best practices of leadership across the world while remaining
connected with their cultural ethos, values and roots.
10. Which bank has approved $250 million loan for India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP)?
(1) World Bank
Correct Answer – (2) ADB
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $250 million (about ₹1,875 crore) loan to support India’s
National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP).
- This is the first subprogram of the programmatic $500 million loan to develop 11 industrial corridors spanning 17 states.
- NICDP aims to develop world-class industrial nodes that are supported by efficient urban agglomerations and
multimodal connectivity, including international gateways like ports and airports and inclusive, climate-resilient, and sustainable infrastructure.
11. ‘Alok Amitabh Dimri’ has been appointed as the High Commissioner of India to which country?
Correct Answer – (3) Brunei
- Alok Amitabh Dimri has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Brunei.
- Amitabh Dimri has been serving as the Ambassador of India to the Kyrgyz Republic.
- He is expected to take up the assignment shortly, as informed by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Brunei is a small nation on the island of Borneo, in 2 distinct sections surrounded by Malaysia and the South China Sea.
12. Which University has topped the recently released THE’s World Reputation Ranking 2021?
(1) Stanford University
(2) Harvard University
(4) Oxford University
Correct Answer – (2) Harvard University
- Breaking into the global top 100 list, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru is the highestranked Indian institute in the latest Reputation Ranking by Times Higher Education (THE).
- The ranking lists the world’s top 200 most prestigious universities based on the opinions of 10,963
experienced, published academics.
- Harvard University of the United States of America (USA) has topped the 2021 ranking.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA and University of Oxford from the United Kingdom (UK)
has secured the 2nd and 3rd rank respectively.
13. What is the theme of 2021 World Cities Day (WCD)?
(1) Valuing Our Communities and Cities
(2) Adapting cities for climate resilience
(3) Better City, Better life
(4) Building sustainable and resilient cities
Correct Answer – (2) Adapting cities for climate resilience
- The United Nations designated World Cities Day (WCD) is marked every year on October 31.
- The first World Cities Day was launched in October 2014 in Shanghai, China.
- WCD aims to promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, cooperation among
countries in addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around
- The general theme of World Cities Day is Better City, Better Life.
- 2021 Theme of WCD is Adapting cities for climate resilience
- In 2021 the Global Observance will be co-hosted by UN-Habitat and the Government of the Arab Republic of
Egypt. The event will take place in Luxor.
14. What is the theme of the 2021 World Savings Day (formerly known as World Thrift Day)?
(1) Savings give life a lift
(2) When you save a bit, big things follow
(3) Understanding the Importance of Savings
(4) What do you wish for?
Correct Answer – (3) Understanding the Importance of Savings
- The World Savings Day (formerly known as World Thrift Day) is observed every year on October 30 in India.
- However, the day is observed on October 31 in few countries where this day is a public holiday.
- In India, this day is celebrated on 30 October due to the death of late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in 1984.
- The theme of World Thrift Day 2021 is “Understanding the Importance of Savings”.
- October 30, 1924, the day was established during the first International Savings Bank Congress (World Society of Savings Banks) in Milan, Italy.
- On the last day of the Congress, Italian Professor Filippo Ravizza declared this day ‘International Savings Day’.
15. India’s 1st long-range 1 ton guided bomb has been test-fired in
(4) West Bengal
Correct Answer – (3) Odisha
- An Indian Air Force (IAF) team and DRDO on 29 October 2021 successfully flight-tested the country’s first
indigenously developed Long-Range Bomb (LRB) from a Sukhoi-30 fighter jet over Balasore, Odisha.
- The LR Bomb, with a range of 100 kilometres, was fired from the IAF fighter aircraft flying at an altitude of 10 kilometres.
- It can carry a warhead of 1000 kilograms.