1) India has signed an MoU with which country to promote the use of Palm oil?
• The Indian Vegetable Oil Producers’ Association (IVPA) and the Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) have signed an MoU to further cooperation between the two organizations to promote the use of Palm oil.
• The MoU also seeks to create greater awareness of Malaysian palm oil, benchmarked through the Malaysian Sustainability Palm Oil (MSPO) certification standards.
• The MoU aims to help educate Indian consumers on the nutritional and health benefits of palm oil and improve overall understanding of palm oil and its applications while elucidating its strengths and benefits.
2) As per Kotak Private Banking Hurun list, Who has been named as the Richest Women in India?
A. Roshni Nadar
B. Falguni Nayar
C. Nilima Motaparti
D. Kiran Mazumdar
• The third edition of ‘Kotak Private Banking Hurun – Leading Wealthy Women List’ was released recently.
• Roshni Nadar Malhotra, the chairperson of HCL
• Technologies, is the richest woman in India with a wealth of ₹84,330 crore. She also retained the position for the second year in a row.
• Falguni Nayar of Nykaa overtook Kiran MazumdarShaw of Biocon to become the richest self-made woman in India with a wealth of ₹57,520 crore.
• Delhi NCR was named as the preferred city of residence, with 25 entrepreneurs residence.
3) Which country has emerged as the Top country with the highest FDI in India in FY22?
• Singapore, the USA, Mauritius, Netherlands and Switzerland have emerged as the top 5 countries for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows into India in FY2021-22.
• Singapore has emerged as the top sourcing nation with a contribution of 01 percent, followed by the USA at 17.94 percent.
• Mauritius, The Netherlands and Switzerland follow the top two nations with contributions standing at 15.98 percent, 7.86 percent and 7.31 percent respectively.
• While among the states, Karnataka led the pack in with a share of 37.55 percent of the total FDI inflow in FY22, followed by neighbouring state Maharashtra at 26.26 percent and national capital Delhi at 13.93 percent.
4) Which country has launched Gold coins to tackle the Soaring inflation?
A. Sri Lanka
• Zimbabwe’s central bank has launched Gold coins to tackle the soaring inflation in the country.
• The coin is called ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’ which refers to Victoria Falls in the local Tonga language.
• The coins will have liquid asset status so that they could be easily converted to cash and locally and internationally tradable.
• The cost of one coin was $1,824 at the time of launch.
• Over the years, Zimbabwe has tried a variety of methods to get the situation under control as a result of the severe levels of inflation it has been experiencing for the previous ten years.
5) Who has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to the Bangladesh?
A. Karan Jaiswal
B. Pranay Kumar Verma
C. Satish Singh
D. Sumit Kumar
• Senior diplomat Pranay Verma has appointed India’s new high commissioner to Bangladesh. Verma is a 1994-batch Indian Foreign Service officer.
• He is currently serving as India’s Ambassador to Vietnam.
• He will succeed current High Commissioner Vikram Doraiswami. Doraiswami is set to assume charge as Indian High Commissioner to the UK.
• Indian High Commissioner to the UK Gaitri Issar Kumar retired from service on June 30.
6) Who has won the 2022 F1 Hungarian Grand Prix?
A. Lewis Hamilton
B. Max Verstappen
C. George Russell
D. Valtteri Bottas
• Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has won the Formula One (F1) 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix, held on July 31, 2022.
• For Max, this is his overall 28th race win and the 10th win of the 2022 season.
• Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) stood second and George Russell (Mercedes – Britain) came third.
7) Point 5140 at Dras in Kargil sector has been named as
A. Jolly Valley
C. Jolly Grant
D. Gun Hill
• The Point 5140, a strategically important mountain peak at Dras, in the Kargil sector has been christened as “Gun Hill”, to commemorate the victory of Indian Armed Forces and pay tribute to the supreme sacrifice of the ‘Gun and Gunners’ in “Operation Vijay”.
• Operation Vijay was the Kargil war of Indian Army with Pakistan in 1999.
• During the war, the Indian Army successfully captured the Point 5140, which is located at an altitude of 16,962 feet above sea level.
8) “RACE goal” has been launched by which bank?
A. Union Bank of India
B. ICICI Bank
C. Bandhan Bank
D. Axis Bank
• The Union Bank of India has set “RACE” as the goal for the year.
• RACE stands for “grow RAM (retail, agriculture and MSME) loans, improve Asset quality, increase CASA (current account, savings account deposits) and increase Earnings.”
• This goal is in line with the effort of the UBI bank to be among the top three largest PSB in the next couple of years.
9) Which institution has launched the “Good for You, Good for the Planet” campaign?
• WWF has launched the “Good for you, Good for theplanet” campaign to guide people towards eating a planet friendly diet.
• A new study by WWF and Tesco revealed that food waste amounts to 10 per cent of GHG, a jump from previous estimates of eight per cent.
• The report said 1.2 billion tones of food was left wasted on farms and additionally, 931 million tonnes was left wasted in retail and consumption too.
• Overall, 2.5 billion tonnes of food goes uneaten globally. The report said approximately 40 per cent of all food grows uneaten worldwide, up from the previous estimated figure of 33 per cent.
10) Which Institute has launched ‘AI4Bharat’ initiative?
A. IIT Delhi
B. IIT Roorkee
C. IIT Madras
D. IIT Kharagpur
• The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has launched the ‘AI4Bharat’ initiative to build opensource language AI for Indian languages.
• Recently the institution launched ‘Nilekani Centre at AI4Bharat’, which is being supported through Nilekani Philanthropies.
• It aims to promote Indian language technology with the intention to create a societal impact.
11) Punjab Sports Department will host the ‘Punjab Khed Mela’ on which day?
A. 1st September
B. 29th August
C. 15th August
D. 10th September
• The “Khed Mela” to be held from block to the state level will kick start on the occasion of the National Sports Day on 29th August 2022.
• With an aim to identify talent, making conducive environment for sports and increasing health awareness, the sports department is going to organise “Punjab Khed Mela” in which events of 30 sports will be held in under 14 to 60 years veteran group.
• Sports Minister said that around three lakh players of Punjab will participate in the Sports Mela.
12) “Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath” has been launched by the CM of which state?
B. Andhara Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
• To educate the state’s women about their constitutional rights and laws, the Chhattisgarh Women Commission will host the Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath Yatra.
• On the occasion of the Hareli Tihaar festival, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel will set off the “Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath”.
• Through short films, messages, and booklets, the chariots will visit all of the districts to educate people about the legal protections for women and their constitutional rights.
13) Who gave away Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) Awards in New Delhi?
A. Amit Shah
B. Narendra Singh Tomar
C. Pralhad Joshi
D. Piyush Goyal
• Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on 30th July presented Agriculture Infrastructure Fund Awards in New Delhi.
• The Agriculture Infrastructure Fund was launched two years ago on 2020, under the ambitious Aatmanirbhar Bharat Package, as a dedicated Central Government scheme.
• It provides a medium-long term credit facility for investment in the creation of post-harvest management infrastructure and community farming assets.
• AIR Correspondent reports that as of now, out of 23,000 plus applications received on the integrated portal of Agri Infra Fund, 13,700 applicants have been sanctioned over Rs 10,000 crore.
14) Which company is set to establish first-ever India House at Paris Olympics 2024?
• Reliance Industries (RIL) and Indian Olympic Association (IOA) are set to together establish the first-ever India House at Paris Olympics 2024.
• RIL announced a long-term partnership with IOA to elevate the performances of Indian athletes, support national sports federations and build credentials of India as a global sporting nation.
• RIL will support Indian athletes in all major multisport events India is also be hosting the 140th IOC Session in June 2023 at the Jio World Centre in Mumbai.
Leave a Comment