1) As per recent report, Who is the World’s richest actor?
A. Dan Johnson
B. Jerry Seinfeld
C. Tyler Perry
D. Tom Cruise
• The list of World’s Richest Actors was released on the Twitter account of World of Statistics.
• Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan is the only actor from India in this list, whose total assets are more than 770 million dollars i.e. 6 thousand 300 crores.
❖ 5 Richest Actors In The World:
• Jerry Seinfeld (American) – (₹8200 crore)
• Tyler Perry (American) – (₹8200 crore)
• Dan Johnson (American) – (₹6500 crores)
• Shahrukh Khan (Indian) – (₹6300 crores)
• Tom Cruise (American) – (₹5900 crores)
2) Which state government has launched the 2nd phase of the “Kanti Velugu”?
B. Tamil Nadu
• Telangana CM, K Chandrasekhar Rao launched the second phase of ‘Kanti Velugu’ initiative in Khammam district on January 18, 2023.
• It is considered to be the world’s largest eye screening programme.
• Kanti Velugu: It is a free eye screening programme. It will be organized at the special health camps for 100 days with 1500 medical teams.
• 1st phase: It was conducted for eight months by 827 health teams.
3) Who has won their 14th Spanish Super Cup title?
A. Real Batties
B. Real Madrid
• Barcelona beat Real Madrid 3-1 in Riyadh to win their 14th Spanish Super Cup title.
• Gavi (33rd minute), Robert Lewandowski (45th minute) and Padry (69th minute) scored for Barcelona in the final match played at the King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Karim Benzema (90+3) scored the only goal for Real Madrid.
• Barcelona has won the Supercup for the first time since 2018.
4) 1st “Think-20” meeting under G-20 was organized in –
D. New Delhi
• On 16 January, the two-day Think-20 meeting under G-20 was conducted at Kushabhau Thackeray International Convention Center in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
• Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the first Think-20 meeting in Madhya Pradesh.
• Think-20 or T20 submitted policy brief abstracts of contributors on 17 January.
• Contributors were invited to submit abstracts of any proposed policy brief focused on the T20 India Task Force. There are seven T20 task forces covering all the different aspects of the G20 agenda.
5) The first G20 Health Working Group meeting has started in –
• The first G20 Health Working Group meeting has been organised at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from 18 to 20 January 2023.
• It was attended by Bharati Pravin Pawar (MoS Health and Family Welfare) and V. Muraleedharan (MoS External Affairs).
• Focus: Health emergencies prevention, preparedness and response; strengthening cooperation in the pharmaceutical sector; and digital health innovations to aid universal health coverage
6) PM Modi has inaugurated the 2nd phase of “Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23” in –
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
• On 18th January 2023, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the second phase of Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 in Basti District of Uttar Pradesh via video conferencing.
• It organizes diverse competitions in both indoor and outdoor sports.
• The first phase was organised from December 10 to 16, 2022, and the second phase will be held from January 18 to 28, 2023.
7) “Cyclone” is the first-ever military exercise between India and –
• Indian and Egyptian Special Forces are set to participate in the first-ever bilateral military exercise.
• The exercise called ‘Cyclone’ is set to be held in Rajasthan’s Udaipur, Jodhpur and Jaipur.
• Notably, the first-ever Joint Tactical Air Exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Egyptian Air Force (EAF) called Exercise Dessert Warrior was held in October 2021.
8) Recently, Which of the following plant has been listed as Protected plants?
• The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF) has listed Neelakurinji (Strobilanthes kunthiana) in the list of protected plants under Schedule III of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
• Those who uproot or destroy the plant will be fined Rs 25,000 and imprisoned for three years.
• Cultivation and possession of this plant is not allowed.
• Neelakurinji is a tropical plant species and is native to the shola forests in the Western Ghats.
9) Who has been appointed as the Deputy Adviser in the National Security Council?
A. Pankaj Kumar Singh
B. Ravi Kumar
C. Santhi Kumari
D. N. Kotiswar Singh
• Former Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF), Pankaj Kumar Singh was appointed as the Deputy National Security Adviser (NSA) in National Security Council Secretariat for two years.
• He is a 1988-batch IPS officer of the Rajasthan cadre.
• He retired as the BSF chief on December 31, 2022.
• Earlier, he served as Inspector General of the CRPF in Chhattisgarh and IG (Operations) at CRPF, Delhi.
• He has also served in the Rajasthan Police and CBI.
10) Who has been awarded with the “Gaja Capital Business Book Prize 2022”?
A. Aroon Purie
B. Harish Damodaran
C. Karma Paljor
D. P. Prasun Bajpai
• Indian Express journalist, Harish Damodaran was awarded the Gaja Capital Business Book Prize 2022 for his book ‘Broke to Breakthrough’.
• This book is a detailed and perceptive account of the rise of dairy company Hatsun Agro and its founder R.G. Chandramogan.
• Gaja Capital Business Book Prize: It was instituted in 2019 To encourage Indian entrepreneurs, writers, and journalists to tell stories.
11) India is committed to eliminating Lymphatic Filariasis by which year?
• India is committed to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) by 2027, said Mansukh Mandaviya, Union health minister.
• Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Telangana, and Bihar account for about 60% Lymphedema cases in India, according to the health ministry.
12) Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered two 1200-year-old Miniature Stupas in –
• The Patna Circle of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered two 1200-year-old Miniature Stupas during landscaping activities near the Sarai Tila mound within the complex of the world heritage site ‘Nalanda Mahavihara’ in Nalanda district, Bihar.
• The figures of Buddha are shown on the stupa carved out of stone.
• The stupa is a hemispherical structure symbolising the burial mound of the Buddha.
• Nalanda was a Mahavihara, a large Buddhist monastery in the ancient kingdom of Magadha (modern Bihar) in India.
13) India’s first National Assessment Regulator “PARAKH”, associated with which field?
• National Council of Education Research and Training has notified India’s first National Assessment Regulator “PARKH”.
• PARAKH stands for Performance Appraisal, Review and Analysis of Knowledge for Holistic Development.
• Aim: will conduct assessments of students and faculty members of higher educational institutes and schools
14) Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Armenia?
A. Nilakshi Saha Sinha
B. Jeremy Farar
C. Nitin Paranjpe
D. B K Tyagi
• Nilakshi Saha Sinha, the official translator of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Armenia.
• Nilakshi Saha has a good hold on Hindi, English, Bengali, and French languages.
• Nilakshi has knowledge of 15 languages and has accompanied the Indian PM on fourteen foreign tours.
• She is currently a joint secretary at the Ministry of External Affairs of India.
15) Which country will issue a postal stamp on Jawaharlal Nehru on its Independence Day?
D. Sri Lanka
• As part of its 75th National Independence Day celebrations, Sri Lanka has decided to release a commemorative stamp that includes portrait of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
• Sri Lankan celebrate Independence Day annually on 4 February to commemorate the country’s political independence from British rule in 1948.
• The theme of this year’s Independence day celebration will be “Namo Namo Matha – A Step towards a Century”.
Leave a Comment