19th February Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Who has been appointed as India’s 1st national maritime security coordinator (NMSC)?
• Retired Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar has been appointed as India’s first national maritime security coordinator by the government.
• Government of India has taken the decisive move to ensure reliability on security and its objective to strengthen the country’s maritime security.
• The NMSC (National Maritime Security Coordinator) will be working with coordination with the National Security Council Secretariat which is headed by NSA Ajit Doval.
• The main task will be given to NMSC to make coordination among the Indian Navy, the Coast Guard, security agencies those tangled in coastal and maritime security and 13 coastal states and Union Territories.
2) ‘Smart Card Arms License’ and ‘Shastra App’ has been launched by the police force of which state/UT?
• Union Home Minister Amit Shah has launched ‘Smart Card Arms License’ and ‘Shastra App’ of the Delhi Police on February 16, 2022, on the occasion of 75th anniversary of the Delhi Police.
• The Delhi Police Licensing Unit has introduced ‘Smart Card Arms License’, to replace the existing bulky arms license booklet.
• With this Delhi Police has become the first police force in the country to introduce such smart card service.
• The Smart Card Arms License is easy to carry with inherent security features. It will be printed in house after verification of data of arms license holders.
3) Which state's CM has announced "15 February" will be celebrated as "Shahid Diwas"?
A. Uttar Pradesh
C. West Bengal
• Bihar CM Nitish Kumar announced that 15 February will be celebrated as 'Shahid Divas.
• It will be celebrated in the memory of the 34 freedom fighters who were killed by police in Tarapurtown in Munger district 90 years ago.
• The Tarapur massacre was carried out by the British police after the Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
• A group of young freedom fighters planned to hoist Indian national flag at Thana Bhavan in Tarapur on 15 February 1932.
• The plan was known to the police, and numerous officers were present on the spot.
4) India's biggest-ever IPO worth $8 billion will be launched by
A. Air India
• India's state-run Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is set to launch India's biggest-ever IPO worth $8 billion on March 11, 2022.
• LIC's IPO is expected to get regulatory approval by the first week of March after which the marketing price band will be set.
• LIC filed a draft IPO prospectus on February 13, 2022 with the market regulator to sell 5 percent of the center's stake in the company.
5) As per IBA’s 17th Annual Banking Technology Awards 2021, Which bank won "Best Technology Bank of the Year"?
A. Yes Bank
B. Bank of Baroda
C. ICICI Bank
Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) has announced the IBA’s 17th Annual Banking Technology Awards 2021 on February 14, 2022.
6) Which bank has partnered with "Ezetap" to provide integrated PoS solutions to its merchant?
A. Axis Bank
B. Bandhan Bank
C. Kotak Mahindra Bank
D. HDFC Bank
• Kotak Mahindra Bank has tied up with Ezetap to provide integrated Point of Sale (PoS) solutions across 4,000 locations in India.
• The initiative will strengthen the bank’s presence in the digital payments market space. The partnership will enable it to scale up its PoS product base across merchant segments, including retail enterprises and government customers.
7) Who has authored a book titled “Dignity in a Digital Age: Making Tech Work for All of Us”?
A. Raj Chetty
B. Kaushik Basu
C. Ro Khanna
D. Pranab Bardhan
• A new book titled “Dignity in a Digital Age: Making Tech Work for All of Us” authored by Ro Khanna was released.
• The book highlights the effects of changing lifestyle patterns of Americans due to technological progress.
• It also mentioned about the digital divide i.e., unequal access to technology and revenue, as it is one of the most pressing issues faced by the United States.
• Ro Khanna is an Indian-American who is a US Congressman representing California district that includes the Silicon Valley region.
8) As per 'Global Trade Update report', what was the global trade value recorded in 2021?
A. $15.5 trillion
B. $22 trillion
C. $25.2 trillion
D. $28.5 trillion
• The UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) released its annual Global Trade Update 2022 on 17 February 2022, which shows that the value of global trade, both in goods and services, reached a record level of $28.5 trillion in 2021.
• This is an increase of 25% compared to 2020 and 13% higher compared to 2019.
• The main factors behind the positive trend for trade in 2021 was increase in commodity prices, subsiding pandemic restrictions and a strong recovery in demand due to economic stimulus packages
• However, the UNCTAD report indicates that trade growth will slow during the first quarter of 2022.
9) India’s 1st Water Taxi Service has been started in which state?
• Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal unveiled a water taxi service on 17th February 2022 in Mumbai.
• Due to the water taxi services, the commuting time between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai is expected to be reduced by almost 45 minutes to an hour.
• The water taxi service is being started from Belapurwith a total of 8 boats.
• It will take only 30 minutes by speed boat from Belapur to Bhaucha Dhakka in South Mumbai
10) GDP growth rate of India in FY22 as per SBI Ecowrap report?
• The State Bank of India (SBI) Research Report, Ecowrap, has revised downwards the gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate of India for FY22 (2021-22) to 8.8%. Earlier this was estimated at 9.3%.
• The report projects the GDP to grow at 5.8% in the third quarter (Q3) of FY2021-2022 (OctoberDecember).
11) "World Pangolin Day 2022" has been observed on -
A. 19th February
B. 18th February
C. 17th February
D. 16th February
• The World Pangolin Day is celebrated on the “Third Saturday of February” every year.
• In 2022, the annual World Pangolin Day is being celebrated on 19 February 2022.
• It marks the 11th edition of the event.
• The day aims to raise awareness about these unique mammals and speed up conservation efforts.
• Pangolins are one of the most heavily trafficked mammals in the illegal wildlife trade Their numbers are rapidly declining in Asia and Africa
12) Career Counselling Workshop ‘Pramarsh 2022’ has been launched in -
D. Uttar Pradesh
• The Minister of State for Culture & Parliamentary Affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal has launched ‘Pramarsh2022’ , a mega career counseling workshop on February 15, 2022, for the students of the Bikaner District region in Rajasthan.
• More than one lakh students from thousands of private & government schools of Bikaner district and mainly from rural areas, participated in this workshop.
• It is first such incidence in India that more than 1 lakh students participated in Career Counselling in one Workshop.
13) The “FAITH 2035” vision document has recently been released for which sector?
• Federation of Associations in Indian Tourism & Hospitality (FAITH) has released the FAITH 2035 vision document containing goals and an execution path for making Indian tourism preferred and loved by the world by the year 2035.
• The vision document has been launched commemorating the 75th year of Indian independence.
• FAITH is the policy federation of all the national associations representing the complete tourism, travel and hospitality industry of India. Nakul Anandis the chairman of FAITH
14) Which country will become the first country to adopt India’s UPI platform?
A. Sri Lanka
• NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) has partnered with Gateway Payments Service Pvt Ltd and Manam Infotech Private Limited to deploy Unified Payments Interface(UPI) in Nepal.
• Gateway Payments Service Pvt Ltd is an authorized Payment System Operator in Nepal.
• The partnership aims to support interoperable real-time Person to person (P2P) and Merchant payment transactions (P2M) in Nepal.
• Nepal shall be the first country outside of India to adopt UPI as the payments platform driving the digitalization of cash transactions.
15) Which bank has become the world’s first bank to set up shop in the metaverse?
A. HSBC Bank
D. DBS Bank
• The largest bank in the US JPMorgan has become the world’s first bank to set up shop in the metaverse. JPMorgan has opened a lounge in the blockchain-based world Decentraland.
• Users can create their virtual avatars, build virtual spaces and roam in the lounge christened ‘Onyx Lounge’ after its suit of Ethereum-based services.
• The lounge also features a digital image of the bank’s CEO Jamie Dimon.
• Metaverse is a virtual universe where users can do multiple activities like socializing, shopping or even attending events through their avatar.