17th March Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Which country's Karolina Bielawska has won the title of Miss World 2021?
• Karolina Bielawska from Poland has won the title of Miss World 2021. She was crowned by 2019 Miss World ToniAnn Singh of Jamaica.
• The 70th edition of the Miss World international beauty pageant was held on March 16, 2022 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
• First Runner-up – Indian-American Shree Saini from the United States
• Second Runner-up – Olivia Yace from Cote d’Ivoire
• India’s representative – India was represented by ManasaVaranasi, the winner of Femina Miss India 2020. She made it to the top 13 but could not get selected in the Top 6 winners list.
2) Which state is the 1st state in India to use ‘Crop Diversification Index’?
A. Andhra Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
• For the first time in the country, Telangana has begun recording crop diversification patterns in the form of an index.
• According to the crop diversification index, the state grows 77 varieties, with about 10 crops, mostly grains, preferred for diversification.
• The index will serve as a base for future crop diversification in the state.
• Paddy, maize, and pulses are the most preferred crops in Telangana. Other high-priority crops for farmers in the state include wheat, jowar, bajra, chilies, etc.
3) Who has bagged the Top position on the "2022 M3M Hurun Global Rich List"?
A. Elon Musk
B. Jeff Bezos
C. Bill Gates
D. Warren Buffett
• SpaceX and Tesla founder Elon Musk has bagged the Top Position on the 2022 M3M Hurun Global Rich List, with total net worth of $205 billion.
• The 2022 M3M Hurun Global Rich List is published by research and luxury publishing group Hurun India in association with realty firm M3M.
• Amazon.com Inc executive chairman Jeff Bezos ranked second with $188 billion in net worth.
• With net worth of $153 billion, Bernard Arnault, the chief executive of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE, the world’s largest luxury-goods company, ranked third.
4) As per the latest data, Which state has emerged on top in maternal and child health?
B. Tamil Nadu
• According to the latest data, India’s maternal mortality ratio (MMR) has improved to 103 for the period 2017-19.
• The Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) of Kerala has dropped from 42 to 30. Kerala has achieved the UN Sustainable Development Goals of MMR in the year 2020 itself.
• The Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) has worsened in West Bengal, Haryana, Uttarakhand, and Chhattisgarh.
• The maternal mortality ratio (MMR) has drastically improved in UP, Rajasthan, and Bihar.
• Kerala, Telangana, and Maharashtra are included in the top 3 states with the lowest MMR in India.
• Italy, Norway, Poland, and Belarus have the lowest MMR in the world.
• Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) is defined as the number of maternal deaths per 100000 live births
5) India has approved $1 billion LoC for which country for importing food, essential items and medicine?
D. Sri Lanka
• The Government of India has approved a USD 1 billion line of credit (LoC) for Sri Lanka, to help the Island nation for importing food, essential items, and medicine.
• Sri Lankan Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa is visiting India on March 15, 2022, to seal the deal.
• The island nation Sri Lanka is currently facing a severe economic crisis. The LoC is being extended by India in line with its efforts to assist its neighboring country in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and to mitigate its adverse impact and its developmental priorities
6) Which state government has announced a five-pronged plan named “Panchasutri”?
• The state government of Maharashtra has announced a five-pronged plan named “Panchasutri”, covering agriculture, health, human resources, transport and industry.
• The program has an outlay of Rs. 1.15 lakh crore and Rs 4 lakh crore will be provided for this program in the next three years, according to the state Budget, 2022-23.
• A revenue deficit budget was presented by Ajit Pawar in the Maharashtra assembly with a total outlay of Rs.5.84 lakh crore(13% higher than Budget Estimates for 2021-22).
• FM of Maharashtra said that Maharashtra will become the first state to have a $1 trillion economy.
• The economy of Maharashtra will grow by 12.1% which is higher than the expected growth rate (8.9%) of the Indian economy.
7) As per Bloomberg, what is the rank of India’s equities market in terms of market capitalization?
• As per Bloomberg’s recent data on Market capitalization, for the 1st time, India’s equities market has entered the world’s top 5 in terms of market capitalization.
• India is ranked 5th with an overall market capitalization of USD 3.21 trillion. The total world market cap stands at USD 109.22 trillion.
• The US topped the ranking with an overall market cap of USD 47.32 trillion, followed by China (USD 11.52 trillion), Japan (USD 6 trillion) and Hong Kong (USD 5.55 trillion).
• India’s market cap has surpassed the United Kingdom (UK) ranked 6th with MCap of USD 3.19 trillion, Saudi Arabia ranked 7th with MCap of USD 3.18 trillion, Canada ranked 8th with MCap of USD 3.18 trillion, France ranked 9th with MCap of USD 2.89 trillion and Germany ranked 10th with M-Cap of USD 2.29 trillion
8) "Global Recycling Day" is observed every year on
A. 18th March
B. 17th March
C. 16th March
D. 15th March
• Global Recycling Day is observed every year on March 18 to create awareness among the masses about the rapid pace at which our natural resources are being used.
• The day also promotes the concept and practice of recycling.
• Every year, events are organized by environmentalists and activists to promote the cause.
• Its main aim is to recognize the people, places, and activities that showcase the importance of recycling in preserving natural resources.
• Recycling has helped in reducing carbon emissions by over 700 million tonnes every year.
• Notably, over 1.6 million people are employed around the world in the recycling industry.
9) Which company has acquired fifth payments tech startup IZealiant Technologies?
• Razorpay, a fintech unicorn, announced the purchase of IZealiant Technologies, a renowned Fintechbusiness that provides banks with payments technology solutions, for an undisclosed sum.
• IZealiant is a Pune-based startup that offers banks and financial institutions mobile-first, API-enabled, and cloudready payment processing tools.
• Razorpay’s Banking Solutions Arm will be strengthened by the purchase of IZealiant, which will develop revolutionary payment banking solutions for partner banks, allowing businesses and their endcustomers to enjoy a faster, more seamless, and secure payment experience.
10) Which Small Finance Bank has launched Industry’s first digital onboarding facility for its micro banking customers?
A. Jana Small Finance Bank
B. Suryoday Small Finance Bank
C. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D. Equitas Small Finance Bank
• Ujjivan Small Finance Bank launched Industry’s first digital onboarding facility for its micro banking customers through its ‘Ujjivan SFB Assisted’ app.
• The Ujjivan SFB Assisted app provides the facility to update mobile numbers for individual banking transactions through paperless and secured manner. It is an OTP and biometric authentication-based process.
• Customers can update their mobile number once every six months through the platform and at any point in time by visiting any branch of the small finance bank.
11) Which Bank in India has won the IFR Asia’s Asian Bank of The Year 2021?
A. RBL Bank
B. Axis Bank
C. ICICI Bank
D. HDFC Bank
• Axis Bank, India’s third-largest private sector bank, was adjudged as the Asian Bank of The Year 2021 and India Bond House at the IFR Asia Awards 2021.
• The awards are organized by IFR Asia, a Hong Kong-based provider of capital markets intelligence.
• Axis bank has been honored with the Asian Bank of The Year 2021 for its breadth of coverage and depth of expertise in the Asian investment banking space.
• Morgan Stanley has been honored with the Bank of the year award at the IFR Asia Award 2021 and the JSW Group has been awarded with the Issuer of the year award
12) Who has been appointed as the Chairman of 'CII Western Region'?
A. Ajay Bhushan
B. Ranjit Rath
C. Sunil Chordia
D. Narendra Kumar
• Sunil Chordia, Chairman & Managing Director, Rajratan Global Wire Ltd. has been elected as the Chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Western Region for the year 2022-23.
• While Dr Praveer Sinha, CEO & Managing Director, The Tata Power Company Ltd. has been elected as the Deputy Chairman of the CII Western Region for the year 2022-23.
• Their names were announced at the first meeting of the reconstituted Western Regional Council.
• The Western Regional Theme for 2022-23 is India@75 - Pivoting on Competitiveness, Skilling & Sustainability for Economic Development and Growth
13) Which India’s documentary has become the first Indian documentary to be nominated at the Oscars?
C. Writing with Fire
D. Summer of Soul
• ‘Writing With Fire’ has been selected in the last five for the best documentary feature category at the Oscars.
• It is based on a story of Khabar Lahariya, the only news agency in India run by Dalit (oppressed-caste) women.
• ‘Writing With Fire’ had won Audience and Jury Awards at the Sundance Film Festival last year.
• It is produced by Ticket Films and directed by filmmakers Rintu Thomas and Sushmit Ghosh.
• ‘Khabar Lahariya’ is a newspaper founded in May 2002 in Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh.
14) India has temporarily shifted its embassy from Ukraine to which country?
D. None of these
• India has decided to temporarily relocate its embassy in Ukraine to Poland, the government said.
• The Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement that the decision to move the embassy from Kyiv was being taken in view of the rapidly deteriorating security situation in Ukraine, including attacks in the western parts of the country.
• Poland is a key location for routing Western military aid to Ukraine.
Also Read: 17th March Current Affairs 2022