1) Who has won the “Miss Universe 2023” title?
A. Amanda Dudamel
B. Divita Rai
C. Andrina Martinez
D. R’Bonney Gabriel
• R’Bonney Gabriel of the United States was crowned Miss Universe 2023 on January 15, 2023.
• Model, fashion designer, and sewing instructor R’Bonney Gabriel, 28, is also the first Filipino American to win Miss USA.
• Divita Rai of India, who finished in the top 16, was unable to advance in the beauty contest held in New Orleans.
2) Which district has been considered as India’s first Constitution Literate District?
• Kerala’s Kollam district has been declared the first constitution-literate district of India by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
• The campaign is launched to educate the residents of the Kollam district of Kerela about the basics of constitution.
• As part of the initiative, about 16.3 lakh persons over the age of ten in the area have been taught various elements of the Constitution.
• What is Constitution literacy? It means knowledge and education on and about the Constitution and the laws set in place for citizens of a nation.
3) Which state has become the India’s first state to implement blindness control policy?
D. Uttar Pradesh
• Rajasthan has become the first State in India to implement a blindness control policy to ensure the “right to sight”.
• This drive aims to reduce the rate of blindness and bring light into the lives of people suffering from visual impairment
• The prevalence rate of blindness was 1.1% in 2020, aimed to bring it down to 0.3% through the policy.
4) Which state has organised “Ganga Sagar Mela” on Makar Sankranti?
A. Madhya Pradesh
D. West Bengal
• Lakhs of pilgrims have celebrated flocking to Sagar Island on the southernmost tip of West Bengal for the annual Ganga Sagar Mela, held between January 12 and 14 to celebrate Makar Sankranti.
• It is the second largest fair in India after Kumbha Mela.
• Ganga Sagar is an island in the Ganges delta located on the continental shelf of the Bay of Bengal.
5) India defeated which country to set a new record for Largest Margin of Victory in Cricket?
D. Sri Lanka
• India defeated Sri Lanka by 317 runs in the third and final ODI in Thiruvananthpuram on 15 January 2023, setting a new record for the largest ever margin of victory in cricket.
• The previous record for largest margin of victory was held by New Zealand for a 290-run win over Ireland in 2008.
• Sri Lanka was all out at 73 in 22 overs while chasing a target of 391 runs.
• Mohammed Siraz claimed four wickets for India.
• India scored 390 for 5 with Shubman Gill scoring 116 runs and Virat Kohli scoring 46th ODI century of his career with 166 runs.
6) 53rd edition of the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been organised in –
• The 53rd edition of the World Economic Forum (WEF) has been organised from 16th to 20th January 2023 in Davos, Switzerland.
• The theme for the year in 2023 WEF meeting is ‘Cooperation in a Fragmented World’.
• The meeting will bring together experts, academics, investors, political and business leaders to brainstorm solutions to the world’s complex problems.
7) DotFEST Festival has been organized in which Indian state?
B. Arunachal Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
• The second edition of ‘Dot Fest,’ a part of city festivals commemorating the FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023, has been organised in Odisha from January 15 to 29, 2023.
• As part of the festival, six main festivals and activities will be held, including Bhubaneswar live, an international cuisine festival, the story-telling festival BhuFesto, Ekamra walks, a night flea market, and the ‘Sebe-O-Ebe’ picture show.
8) ‘Womaniya on Government eMarketplace’ has been organised in –
B. New Delhi
• The Government eMarketplace (GeM) has organized an event to celebrate the success of “Womaniya on GeM” in New Delhi.
• This event was organized in partnership with the SelfEmployed Women’s Association, Bharat.
• Presently, over 1,44,000 Udyam-verified women Micro, Small Enterprises are registered on GeM, known as “Womaniya”.
• This initiative was launched in 2019 to encourage women entrepreneurs’ participation and SHG from the informal sector on GeM.
9) Who has become the new Chief Economist of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)?
A. Jason Moo
B. Cindy Hook
C. Clare Lombardelli
D. Jeremy Farrar
• The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) appointed UK Treasury Adviser, Clare Lombardelli as the next Chief Economist, with effect from 2 May 2023.
• She has 20 years of experience in economic analysis and policy-making in the United Kingdom.
• She has also worked at 10 Downing Street, and as a technical advisor for the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
10) Who has inaugurated the School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication in Agartala, Tripura?
A. Anurag Thakur
B. Piyush Goyal
C. Jitendra Singh
D. Sarbananda Sonowal
• Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush, Sarbananda Sonowal and Tripura CM Manik Saha have inaugurated the School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication in Agartala, Tripura.
• The school will enable the rich pool of talent of the region to become world-class experts in the transportation and logistics sector.
11) Which movie won the Critics Choice Awards 2023 for Best Foreign Language Film?
A. All Quiet on the Western Front
B. Argentina 1985
D. Decision to Leave
• The 28th Critics Choice Honors was conducted on January 16, 2023, IST, and SS Rajamouli’s RRR won two awards.
• RRR won Best Song for Naatu Naatu and Best Foreign Language Film.
list of winners (Important):
• BEST PICTURE: Everything Everywhere All at Once
• BEST ACTOR: Brendan Fraser – The Whale
• BEST ACTRESS: Cate Blanchett – Tár
• BEST DIRECTOR: Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert – Everything Everywhere All at Once
• BEST SONG: Naatu Naatu – RRR
Leave a Comment