1) India will send three persons to how many metres below the sea level under Samudrayaan Mission?
• India will send three men 6,000 metres below sea level to search for mineral resources under the Samudrayaan mission.
• Earth Sciences Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said, a vehicle named MATSYA 6000 will carry three people and this mission is expected to be realized in the next three years.
• It can bear 12 hours under normal operation and 96 hours under emergency for human safety.
2) How many Indian peacekeepers has been awarded with the United Nations Medal?
• At a special award ceremony in Upper Nile, 1,171 peacekeepers from India deployed with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan were awarded the United Nations Medal for their exemplary service.
• For the first time, a woman officer of the Indian Army, Major Jasmine Chatha, led the parade of the Indian contingent at the award ceremony in Upper Nile.
• UN peacekeeping began in 1948 when the UN Security Council authorised the deployment of UN military observers in the Middle East.
• There are currently more than 5,700 Indian peacekeepers deployed in nine of the 12 UN peacekeeping missions.
3) Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Cognizant?
A. Ravi Kumar
B. Anurag Kumar
C. Kotiswar Singh
D. Rajiv Badyal
• Former Infosys president, Ravi Kumar has been appointed as the new chief executive officer of Cognizant with immediate effect.
• He has succeeded CEO Brian Humphries, who will be departing from the company on March 15, 2023.
• He has 20 years of experience in Infosys, where he held various leadership roles.
4) MS Dhoni has launched a surveillance drone named ‘Droni’, designed by –
A. Paras Aerospace
B. Redwing Labs
C. Garuda Aerospace
D. Teja Aerospace
• Garuda Aerospace and Former cricketer, Mahendra Singh Dhoni have launched a surveillance drone named ‘Droni.’
• MS Dhoni is an investor-cum-ambassador of Garuda Aerospace.
• Droni is a battery-operated quadcopter surveillance drone.
• In 2022, he unveiled the camera drone called Droni at the Global Drone Expo in Chennai.
• Garuda Aerospace recently became the first-ever drone company in India to get dual DGCA approvals for both drone manufacturing type certificate and RTPO.
5) Which state’s Godavari estuary has become a prime and safe habitat for the Indian skimmer?
C. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
• The Godavari estuary in Andhra Pradesh has become a prime and safe habitat for the Indian skimmer (Rynchops albicollis).
• On January 10, as many as 250 Indian Skimmers were sighted in the southern part of the Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary (Andhra Pradesh) in a day during the Asian Waterbird Census-2023.
• Indian Skimmer migrates to the Godavari estuary for feeding.
6) India’s first centre of excellence for online gaming will be set up in –
• India’s first centre of excellence for online gaming will be set up in Shillong by March 2023, said IT Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar on 13 January 2023.
• The CoE will be set up under Digital India Startup Hub through the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI).
• The Center of Excellence in Shillong is expected to catalyse startups and entrepreneurs from India’s Northeast to build the next generation online gaming ecosystem.
• A 10-acre campus will soon be prepared for this.
7) Ministry of Petroleum has announced to add what percentage of ethanol in petrol from 1st April 2023?
• The phased roll-out of E20 (20% ethanol blending in gasoline) will begin on April 1, Petroleum Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has said.
• India has increased the ethanol blending in petrol from
• 1.53% in 2013-14 to 10.17% in 2022.
• To achieve 20% blending by 2025, the country needs 10.211 billion litres of ethanol.
8) FSSAI has notified comprehensive regulatory standards for the first time for –
A. Basmati Rice
B. Sugar cane
C. Jasmine Rice
• The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has notified comprehensive regulatory standards for Basmati Rice for the first time and will come into effect from 1 August 2023.
• Aim: To establish fair practices in the trade of Basmati rice and protect consumer interest.
• As per the standards, Basmati rice shall possess natural fragrance characteristics of basmati rice and be free from artificial colouring, polishing agents, and artificial fragrances.
9) Which district becomes Indian 1st to implement cutting-edge 5G use cases?
• Vidisha, an aspirational district in Madhya Pradesh has become the first district in India to deploy innovative 5G use cases proposed by startups on the ground.
• This feat has been achieved through a joint initiative of Vidisha district administration and Center for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), Department of Telecom (DoT) under the guidance of Additional Secretary (Telecom) and Administrator USOF.
10) ‘Kamala Devi’, Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) ICG ship was commissioned at –
• Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) ICG ship ‘Kamala Devi’ was commissioned on 12 January in Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal.
• Designed, built and delivered by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd to the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
• ICG Kamla Devi is 48.9 meters long and 7.5 meters wide with a displacement of 308 tonnes.
• A passenger-cum-cargo ocean going ferry ‘MV Ma Lisha’ built by the shipyard for the Republic of Guyana was also flagged off.
11) Who is the first woman officer to be posted on foreign assignment in the Border Roads Organization (BRO)?
A. Surabhi Jakhmola
B. Vaishali Hiwase
C. Sangeeta Sardana
D. Punita Arora
• Captain Surabhi Jakhmola, an officer of the 117 Engineer Regiment of the Indian Army, has become the first woman officer of the Border Roads Organization (BRO) to be posted on a foreign project.
• BRO has deployed Surabhi for Project Dantak in Bhutan.
12) Who has been appointed as the President of COP 28?
A. Mansour bin Zayed
B. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber
C. Zayed Al Nahyan
D. Ahmad Al Bawardi
• Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, the Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology of the United Arab Emirates, has been appointed as the President of COP 28.
• COP 28, the 28th session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC, will take place from November 30 to December 12, 2023 in UAE.
13) Vrinda Rathi, Janani Narayanan, and Gayathri Venugopalan become first female umpires trio to officiate in –
B. Duleep trophy
C. Ranji Trophy
D. Irani trophy
• On January 10, 2023, Vrinda Rathi, Janani Narayanan, and Gayathri Venugopalan made history by becoming the first female umpires trio to officiate in the Ranji Trophy.
• Gayathri Venugopalan was assigned to the second round match between Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh in Jamshedpur
• While Janani Narayanan and Vrinda Rathi were umpiring the Railways vs Tripura game in Surat and Goa vs Pondicherry match in Porvorim.
14) Who has inaugurated the ‘Voice of Global South Summit’?
A. Amit Shah
B. Narendra Modi
C. Droupadi Murmu
D. Jagdeep Dhankhar
• PM Narendra Modi has recently inaugurated a virtual event, “Voice of the Global South Summit”.
• It was held on 12th & 13th January 2023.
• Theme: ‘Unity of Voice, Unity of Purpose’
• The ‘Global South’ broadly refers to countries in Asia, Africa, and South America.
• India hosted the summit in a bid to articulate the views of the developing countries regarding the effects of the pandemic and the war in Ukraine.
15) Which country has appointed ‘Sonia Gujazara’ as the first Minister of Indigenous Peoples?
• Brazil’s President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva announced Sônia Guajajara as the first minister of the new Ministry of Indigenous People with a mandate to oversee policies ranging from land demarcation to health care.
• Sônia Guajajara is widely known as the leader of the main group of Brazil’s indigenous tribes and is a member of the Amazon Guajajara.
• She was also featured in Time Magazine’s annual list of the world’s 100 most influential people.
16) Shared School Bus System has been launched by the Chief Minister of –
• Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma launched the shared school bus system, prime tourism vehicles and agriculture response vehicle scheme.
• The chief minister on 11th January, flagged off shared school buses and hoped that it will help to minimise traffic congestion in Shillong.
Leave a Comment