1. Who has been appointed as the captain of the Indian Cricket team for the T20 series?
A. Rohit Sharma
B. KL Rahul
C. Rishabh Pant
D. Kuldeep Yadav
Ans (A) Rohit Sharma
• Rohit Sharma has been named as the new captain of the Indian T20I side, while KL Rahul has been named as Vice-Captain for India’s T20 series against New Zealand.
• Rohit Sharma succeeds Virat Kohli, who stepped down as the skipper in the shortest format of the game after India bowed out of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021.
2. PM Modi will dedicate India’s 1st World-class Railway Station in
Ans (C) Bhopal
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate India’s first world-class railway station at Habibganj in Bhopal on November 15, 2021.
• Habibganj railway station will have all facilities that are available at international airports. It has been built by a private company named Bansal Group under a public-private partnership.
• The total cost of building the station is around Rs 450 crore.
3. Who has become the Fastest Player to score 2500 runs in T20Is?
A. Joe Root
B. Rohit Sharma
C. Babar Azam
D. Aaron Finch
Ans (C) Babar Azam
• Pakistan skipper Babar Azam surpassed Indian captain Virat Kohli on November 11, 2021 to become the fastest player to score 2500 runs in men’s T20Is.
• He achieved the feat during Pakistan’s semifinal clash against Australia.
• Azam has taken 62 innings to reach 2500 in T20Is, while Virat Kohli took 68 innings.
• They are followed by Australia’s Aaron Finch who took 78 innings and New Zealand’s Martin Guptill who took 83 innings to cross the landmark.
4. Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Standard Chartered Securities (India)?
A. Rajeev Srivastava
B. SN Pradhan
C. Sheel Vardhan
D. Atul Karwal
Ans (A) Rajeev Srivastava
• Rajeev Srivastava has been appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) at Standard Chartered Securities for India operations.
• His appointment is subject to regulatory approvals
• Before this, Rajeev Srivastava worked at HDFC Securities where he headed the products and business development functions of the organisation.
5. Nobel Laureate FW de Klerk passes away at 85. He was the former President of
B. South Africa
D. North Africa
Ans (B) Lesotho
• FW (Frederik Willem) de Klerk, the former president of South Africa and the last white person to head the country, has passed away due to cancer.
• He was 85.
• De Klerk was head of state between September 1989 and May 1994.
• In 1993, De Klerk and Nelson Mandela jointly received the Nobel Peace Prize for their work towards ending apartheid.
6. Where has the short film festival started for legalawareness?
D. None of these
Ans (B) Raipur
• The third edition of the short film festival on legal awareness organised by Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority (CGSLSA) began on 9th November 2021, at Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Auditorium in state capital Raipur.
7. In which state the World Bank has approved ₹770 crore to improve river transport?
D. West Bengal
Ans (B) Assam
• The Inland Water Transport (IWT) Department has signed an MoU with the World Bank for a Rs 770 crore loan to improve river transportation in Assam.
• The central government would refund 80 per cent of the sanctioned amount and the state government would bear the remaining 20 per cent.
• This was announced by CM Himanta Biswas while flagging off four steel catamaran vessels at Pandu Port.
8. Who has written the book “Nehru: The Debates that defined India”?
A. Adeel Hussain
B. Tripurdaman Singh
C. Both (A) & (B)
D. None of these
Ans (C) Both (A) & (B)
• A book titled “Nehru: The Debates that Defined India” is co-authored by Tripurdaman Singh and Adeel Hussain.
• A new book serves as a revisionist exploration of India’s first and longest-serving prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru and investigates the overlooked role of his contemporaries and opponents in shaping his political vision.
9. India will achieve Service Export Target of one trillion dollars by which year?
Ans (D) 2030
• Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal said that India is poised to achieve a services export target of one trillion dollars by 2030.
• He was addressing the Global Services Conclave-2021 in New Delhi.
• The Minister said that in 2020, India became the 7th largest services exporter in the world, moving up the ladder by two positions.
10. Recently under which project the Indian Navy has got the fourth Scorpene submarine ‘Vela’?
A. Project – 74
B. Project – 72
C. Project – 75
D. None of these
Ans (C) Project – 75
• On Nov 09, 2021, The fourth submarine of the Project – 75, Yard 11878 was delivered to the Indian Navy.
• The vessel has been named INS Vela.
• Vela’, the submarine was launched on 06 May 19, and has completed all major harbour and sea trials including weapon and sensor trials.
• Project – 75 includes construction of six submarines of Scorpene design.
11. NASA’s SpaceX Crew-3 astronauts headed to International Space Station , who will lead the team?
A. Tom Marshburn
B. Kayla Barron
C. Matthias Maurer
D. Raja Chari
Ans (D) Raja Chari
• US Space agency NASA and the Elon Musk-owned private rocket company SpaceX have launched “Crew 3” mission on November 10, 2021
• Under this mission, four astronauts have been sent to the International Space Station (ISS) for a sixmonth science mission until April 2022.
• The four member international crew of astronauts lifted off from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida onboard SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule named Endurance fixed to Falcon 9 rocket.
12. Who has written the book titled “Sunrise over Ayodhya”?
A. Shashi Tharoor
B. Salman Khurshid
C. Anand Sharma
D. Ghulam Nabi Azad
Ans (B) Salman Khurshid
• Senior Congress leader Salman Khurshid has released his book titled ‘Sunrise Over Ayodhya’.
• The book launch event was held on 10 November and was attended by Congress Leaders P Chidambaram, Digvijaya Singh among others.
• A passage in Mr. Khurshid’s new book has raised controversy. He made this controversial comment in a chapter called ‘The Saffron Sky’ in the book.
13. Who has been appointed as Amway India’s Brand Ambassador?
A. Yuvraj Singh
B. Aamir Khan
C. Amitabh Bachchan
D. Sonu Sood
Ans (C) Amitabh Bachchan
• Amway India, a Direct Selling FMCG company announced the appointment of Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan as its brand ambassador.
• It is a time in moment as the two brands have come together to proliferate messages on the significance of holistic health & wellness, women empowerment, and inspiring youth towards entrepreneurship for a progressive India.
14. Which country’s Army Chief Prabhu Ram Sharma has been given the Honorary title of Honorary General of the Indian Army?
B. Sri Lanka
Ans (D) Nepal
• President Ram Nath Kovind has conferred Nepal’s Army Chief Gen Prabhu Ram Sharma with the honorary rank of ‘General of the Indian Army’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
• President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari had honored Chief General Manoj Naravane with the rank of Honorary General of the Nepal Army in November 2020.
• General Sharma is on a four-day visit to India to explore ways to expand bilateral defense cooperation.
15. India’s 1st Centre for Research on Drone Technology has been established in
A. IIT Bombay
B. IIT Guwahati
C. IIT Ropar
D. IIT Delhi
Ans (B) IIT Guwahati
• On 09 November 2021; the India’s first centre for excellence in research on Drone Technology and Artificial Intelligence launched at IIT Guwahati.
• It was inaugurated by Union minister V K Singh at Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
• It should be noted that nowadays drones offer tremendous benefits to almost all sectors of the economy.
Leave a Comment