1) Which song has won the Best Original Song award at the Golden Globe Awards 2023?
A. Naatu Naatu
B. Hold My Hand
C. Lift Me Up
D. Ciao Papa
• The 80th edition of 2023 Golden Globes show, hosted by Jerrod Carmichael, airs live on NBC and Peacock.
• At the Golden Globe Awards 2023, RRR made history by becoming the first Indian film to win Best Original Song for ‘Naatu Naatu’.
• The award was received by M. M. Keeravani who composed the electrifying song.
• The 80th annual Golden Globes, which were held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, also saw S.S. Rajamouli, Ram Charan, and Jr. NTR in attendance.
2) What is India’s rank at the “Henley Passport Index 2023”?
• For the fifth straight year, the Japanese passport is the most powerful among all passports in the world, as it allows visa-free access to as many as 193 countries, according to Henley Passport Index 2023.
• India, on the other hand, improved its position by 2 spots from last year, and is currently ranked 85th on the index.
• A holder of an Indian passport can travel visa-free to 59 countries (60 in 2022).
• Singapore and South Korea came in a joint second on the ranking, followed by Germany and Spain, and then a slew of other European nations.
3) Which is India’s most polluted city, according to the CPCB report?
• According to new statistics from the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), Delhi is the most polluted city in India in 2022.
• Among the most polluted cities with respect to PM2.5 levels, Delhi (99.71 micrograms per cubic metre) ranked first, Haryana’s Faridabad (95.64 micrograms per cubic metre) ranked second and Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad (91.25 micrograms per cubic metre) third.
• Ghaziabad (217.57 micrograms per cubic metre) was the most polluted non-attainment city in the country in terms of PM10 levels, while Faridabad (215.39 micrograms per cubic metre) ranked second and Delhi (213.23 micrograms per cubic metre) stood third.
4) India and which country has started “Young Professionals Scheme”?
• The governments of India and the UK marked Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on January 9, 2023 by launching the “Young Professionals Scheme”.
• The scheme allows up to 3,000 degree-holding citizens aged between 18 and 30 to live and work in each other’s countries for a period of two years.
• The scheme will start in March 2023.
• The scheme, which was announced in November at the G20 summit in Bali.
5) Who has carved the World’s largest hockey stick on the banks of Mahanadi River?
A. Ronnie Chibber
B. Sudarshan Patnaik
C. Nitish Bharti
D. Manisha Swarnkar
• Renowned sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has carved the world’s biggest hockey stick in Odisha’s Cuttack.
• The sculpture has been made on the banks of the Mahanadi River in Cuttack.
• The giant 105-feet long hockey stick which has been created using 5000 hockey balls and over five tonnes of sand also showcases the newly built Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium in Rourkela.
• Sudarsan Pattnaik is an internationally-renowned sand artist and a Padma Shri awardee.
6) Khelo India Senior Women National Kho Kho league has been organised in –
• The Khelo India Senior Women National Kho Kho league take place at Chandigarh University, Punjab from 10 January to 13 January 2023.
• A total of 12 teams and close to 200 players are participated.
• The league is being organized by the Kho Kho Federation of India with full financial support from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
• Union Ministry has sanctioned the tournament at a total cost of Rs 32.25 Lakh over the three phases.
• The Kho-Kho women’s league for junior and sub-junior age groups is scheduled from 16th January to 19th January 2023 at the Alberta Ekka Kho Kho Stadium, Hotwar, Ranchi.
• The Khelo India Women league is being organized since 2021 across multiple states of India.
7) 14th edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC) will be held in –
A. New Delhi
• India is known as the ‘Spice Bowl’ of the world.
• It produces a number of quality, rare and medicinal spices.
• With an aim to open up newer opportunities to promote the international trade of Indian spices, the 14th edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC), is to be held in Mumbai from 16-18 February 2023.
• The theme of the WSC 2023 is VISION 2030: S-P-I-CE-S (Sustainability, Productivity, Innovation, Collaboration, Excellence and Safety).
8) Who has been re-appointed as the Deputy Governor of the RBI?
A. Michael Debabrata Patra
B. M Rajeshwar Rao
C. BP Kanungo
D. MK Jain
• The government of India has extended the term of the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Michael Debabrata Patra, by one year with effect from January 15, 2023.
• His three-year tenure was coming to an end on January 14, 2023.
• He looks after the monetary policy department as the deputy governor of the RBI.
• The three other deputy governors of RBI are M K Jain, M Rajeshwar Rao and T Rabi Sankar.
9) Alain Claude Bilie By Nze has been appointed as the Prime Minister of –
• President of Gabon, Ali Bongo has appointed the country’s first female Prime Minister, Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda (59) as the vice-president of country.
• She was appointed as the country’s PM in July 2020.
• She was also named budget minister in 2012.
• While, Alain Claude Bilie By Nze has been appointed as the Prime Minister of Gabon.
10) Who replaced MPL as the official sponsor of the Indian Cricket Team?
A. Kewal Kiran Clothing
C. Park Avenue
D. Allen Solly
• The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has found a replacement for one of the two jersey sponsors of Team India.
• The cricket body has signed Kewal Kiran Clothing, the maker of Killer Jeans, as the official partner of the Indian cricket team for five months (until May 31, 2023).
• Kewal Kiran Clothing, which also owns brands such as Lawman and Integriti, replaces gaming firm MPL. Under this deal, the flagship brand (Killer) is on display on the right upper chest of the Team India jersey.
11) India signed an MoU which country to enhance cooperation in the training of diplomats?
• India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Panama to enhance cooperation in the training of diplomats.
• The agreement was signed by EAM, Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and Panama’s Foreign Minister, Janaina Tewaney Mencomo.
• Both countries have also discussed the opportunities for greater economic, health, finance and people to people linkages.
12) An autobiography of K.K. Abdul Gaffar ‘Njaan Sakshi’ was released by –
A. Yuvraj Singh
B. Kapil Dev
C. Virat Kohli
D. MS Dhoni
• An autobiography of Techno-educationalist, Professor K.K. Abdul Gaffar ‘Njaan Sakshi’ (me as the witness) was released by Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
• It will provide an insight into the journey of Prof. Gaffar and how education and students have changed over the time.
• The first copy of this book was received by Marwan Al Mulla, the CEO of Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
13) 83rd All India Presiding Officers conference has been opened in –
• Vice President and Rajya Sabha Chairman Jagdeep Dhankhar have opened the 83rd All India Presiding Officers Conference in Jaipur on 11 January 2023.
• Om Birla is the Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
• The All India Presiding Officers’ Conference is the apex body of the Legislatures in India that completed its 100 years in 2021.
• PM Narendra Modi addressed the Inaugural Session of the 82nd AIPOC in 2021 in Shimla.
• The first Conference was held in Shimla in 1921.
14) Who has been awarded the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for December 2022?
A. Babar Azam
B. Harry Brook
C. Suryakumar Yadav
D. Travis Head
• England’s rising talent Harry Brook made an immediate impression in Test cricket and has been named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for December 2022.
• The 23-year-old played a key role in England’s 3-0 whitewash against Pakistan, finishing the series as the highest run-getter with 468 runs in three matches.
• Brook was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) for the upcoming IPL season in 2023 for Rs 13.25 crores.
15) Amit Shah has inaugurated the ‘Jai Hind- The New Light and Sound Show’ at –
A. Qutub Minar
B. Humayun’s Tomb
C. Red Fort
D. Taj Mahal
• Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the ‘Jai HindThe New Light and Sound Show’ at Red Fort in New Delhi on 10th January 2023.
• The show has been developed by Dalmia Bharat, the Monument Mitra of Red Fort in partnership with Sabhyata Foundation.
• Jai Hind is the first Sound and Light show ever to showcase live actors and hi-tech projection mapping technology at a heritage site.
• This show is a dramatic presentation of the bravery and the history of India from the 17th century to the present day.
16) Who has been appointed as the Chairman and MD of the Electronics Corporation of India?
A. Anurag Kumar
B. Chetan Sharma
C. Vikas Purohit
D. AC Charania
• Anurag Kumar was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) on 9th January 2023.
• Kumar is at present ECIL’s Executive Director.
• ECIL’s Director (Personnel) Samir Mukherjee was holding additional charge of ECIL’s CMD post before this appointment.
17) Who become as a ‘Nutrition Sponsor’ of the Herbalife Nutrition India?
A. Mithali Raj
B. Harmanpreet Kaur
C. Shafali Verma
D. Smriti Mandhana
• Nutrition company Herbalife Nutrition India Private Limited is partnering with international women’s cricketer, Smriti Mandhana as a ‘nutrition sponsor’.
• Currently, she is the vice captain of the Indian women’s national cricket team.
• Herbalife Nutrition has signed over 100 sponsorship deals with varied world-class athletes, teams and events. Multiple renowned Indian athletes like Virat Kohli, Mary Kom, Lakshya Sen, and Manika Batra have partnered up with Herbalife Nutrition.
18) Uttar Pradesh will built a museum in the memory of Chandrashekhar Azad in which district?
• A museum dedicated to the life of freedom fighter Chandrashekhar Azad may soon be built in the Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh.
• The announcement was made by Deputy Chief Minister of UP Brajesh Pathak on the 117th birth anniversary of Azad, the hero of India’s independence movement.
• Chandrashekhar Azad was born on 23 July 1906. Badarka was the ancestral village of his father Pandit Sitaram Tiwari. While fighting for freedom, Chandrashekhar Azad killed three British policemen in an encounter in Prayagraj on 27 February 1931 and when he had the last bullet left, he shot himself.
19) “National Youth Day” is observed every year on
A. 11th January
B. 12th January
C. 13th January
D. 14th January
• In India, the ‘National Youth Day’ or ‘Rashtriya Yuva Diwas’ is celebrated on 12 January annually to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
• The main aim behind this is to make sure that the students across the country can be encouraged to learn about the life, the ideas and philosophy of Swami Vivekananda and apply them in their lives.
• Theme 2023: ‘Viksit Yuva Viksit Bharat’
• On January 12, 1984, the Indian government declared Swami Vivekananda’s birthday as National Youth Day for the first time.
• In 2023, we are observing the 160th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand (12 January 1863).