1. India won how many medals at the inaugural ISSF President’s Cup?
A. 4 medals
B. 5 medals
C. 8 medals
D. 11 medals
Answer (B) 5 medals
• India finished the inaugural ISSF President’s Cup with five medals, including two Gold, two Silver and one Bronze.
• The invitation-only tournament was held at the Wroclaw in Poland, featuring the top-12 shooters in each of the shotgun, pistol and rifle categories.
• India’s Manu Bhaker bagged two gold medals.
2. Who has become the 72nd Grandmaster of India?
A. Sankalp Gupta
B. Mitrabha Guha
C. Pranay Mittal
D. Raja Rithvik
Answer (B) Mitrabha Guha
• International Master Mitrabha Guha has become the 72nd Grandmaster of India after completing the requirement by securing his third and final GM norm at GM Third Saturday Mix 220 – Novi Sad, Serbia.
• To achieve the GM title, a player has to secure three GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points.
3. What is the India’s rank in the Global Drug Policy Index 2021?
Answer (B) 18th
• The inaugural Global Drug Policy Index has been released by the Harm Reduction Consortium.
• Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, the UK, and Australia as the five leading countries on this Index for their humane and health-driven drug policies.
• Brazil, Uganda, Indonesia, Kenya, and Mexico are at the bottom of this Index.
• India has been placed on the 18th Position out of 30 countries.
4. Who has become the 3rd cricketer to score 3,000 runs in men’s T20I World Cup 2021?
A. Virat Kohli
B. Rishabh Pant
C. Rohit Sharma
D. Hardik Pandya
Answer (C) Rohit Sharma
• Indian batter Rohit Sharma on November 8, 2021, became the 3rd cricketer in the world who accumulated 3,000 T20I runs.
• Rohit achieved this feat during the match against Namibia in ICC men’s T20 World Cup at Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
5. Who has been appointed as the Head Coach of Senior Women’s Boxing Team?
A. Mohammad Qamar
B. Ravi Hundal
C. Bhaskar Bhatt
D. Sameer Singh
Answer (C) Bhaskar Bhatt
• The Indian women’s boxing team will get a new coach in former boxer Bhaskar Bhatt, the Press Trust of India reported on 7th November 2021.
• Bhaskar Bhatt is set to replace former head coach Mohammad Ali Qamar, who was the first Indian boxer to win a Commonwealth Games gold medal in the 2002 edition.
• Bhaskar Bhatt, a national bronze medallist, has been a boxing coach since 1992. Bhatt had been in charge of the women’s youth team since 2017.
6. Which Union Minister has launched the 1st-ever Mentorship Programme for Young Innovators?
A. Kiren Rijiju
B. Jitendra Singh
C. Kishan Reddy
D. Pralhad Joshi
Answer (B) Jitendra Singh
• Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science and Technology Jitendra Singh on November 8, 2021, launched the first-ever mentorship programme called the ‘DBT-Star College Mentorship Programme’ for young innovators to mark the 75th year of India’s Independence.
• The Ministry of Science and Technology said that the central government is taking numerous steps for promoting scientific temper among the masses particularly youngsters by strengthening scientific research and innovation efforts in India.
7. Which Vice Admiral has been named as the next Chief of the Naval Staff?
A. R Hari Kumar
B. Adhir Arora
C. Kiran Deshmukh
D. Puneet Kumar
Answer (A) R Hari Kumar
• Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar has been named as the next Chief of the Naval Staff by the Government of India.
• He is presently posted as Flag Officer Commandingin-Chief Western Naval Command.
• Kumar will take on the new role with effect from November 30, 2021.
• He will replace incumbent Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Karambir Singh, who will complete his tenure on November 30, 2021.
8. Recently passed away Koneru Ramakrishna Rao was a famous?
Answer (B) Psychologist
- Former chancellor of GITAM Deemed-to-be University and former vice-chancellor of Andhra University (AU), Koneru Ramakrishna Rao, passed away in November 2021.
- Professor Rao was an internationally recognized psychologist, Gandhian scholar, and educator, who has written over 20 books and 300 research publications.
- He was awarded Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2013.
9. Recently in which state, 18000 women self help group members will be trained?
D. Tamil Nadu
Answer (B) Karnataka
• Around 18,000 rural women from Karnataka’s selfhelp groups are being trained to manage solid waste and utilise solar energy as part of the government’s push for clean energy and better waste management.
• The Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Rural Energy and Development (MGIRED) is conducting the training sessions in partnership with the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, the Department of Rural Drinking Water and Sanitation, and the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
10. Who has inaugurated the 14th edition of Cyber Security Conference?
A. Admiral Karmaveer Singh
B. V R Chowdhary
C. Gen Bipin Rawat
D. Gen Anil Puri
Answer (C) Gen Bipin Rawat
• Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat will inaugurate the 14th edition of an annual Hacking and Cyber Security Briefing conference, ‘c0c0n’.
• It is being conducted by Kerala Police in association with two non-profit organizations, Society for the Policing of Cyberspace (POLCYB) and the Information Security Research Association (ISRA) from 10-13 November.
11. Who has become the new CMD of PTC India?
A. Priyank Mohite
B. Rajib Kumar Mishra
C. Aditya Narayan
D. Mangu Singh
Answer (B) Rajib Kumar Mishra
• Rajib Kumar Mishra shall exercise the power of chairman and managing director of PTC India Ltd, subsequent to relieving of Deepak Amitabh.
• PTC India Ltd. (formerly known as Power Trading Corporation of India Limited), was incorporated in 1999 to undertake to the trade of power to achieve economic efficiency & security of supply & to develop a vibrant power market in the country.
12. As per a recent data, What is the total number of Malnourished children in India?
A. 33 lakh
B. 13 lakh
C. 3 lakh
Answer (A) 33 lakh
• As per a recent data from Women and Child Development Ministry, over 33 lakh children in India are malnourished and more than half of them are in the severely malnourished category.
• The Ministry also announced that Maharashtra, Bihar and Gujarat top the States with severely malnourished children.
• There are 17.76 lakh severely acute malnourished children (SAM) and 15.46 lakh moderately acute malnourished children.
13. Which state has become the 1st to approve Tissue-Culture based Seed Potato Rules?
D. Uttar Pradesh
Answer (A) Punjab
• The Cabinet of Punjab has given approval to the “Punjab Tissue Culture Based Seed Potato Rules2021”, which aims to develop Punjab as a standard potato seed center.
• This is expected to boost potato cultivation in the state.
• With these rules, Punjab will be the very first state in the country to have the facility of tissue culturebased certification.
14. First National Yogasana Championships to be held in
Answer (B) Bhubaneswar
• The first Physical National Yogasana Championships will be held in Bhubaneshwar from November 11 to 13, 2021.
• The event will be organized by the National Yogasana Sports Federation (NYSF) in association with the Odisha government.
• Yogasana sport for both male and female categories has also been included in Khelo India Youth Games 2021.