1) Which country organised the “World Peace Forum 2022”?
C. South Korea
• 10th edition of the World Peace Forum 2022 is being organised by Tsinghua University, in Beijing.
• 10th World Peace Forum was started in Beijing on July 3, 2022.
• Over 300 former senior officials, scholars and diplomatic envoys are taking part in online or offline mode.
• It is being organised under the theme “Preserving International Stability: Commonality, Comprehensiveness and Cooperation”.
• India’s Ambassador to China, Pradeep Kumar Rawat attended the panel discussion.
2) The 36th National Games will be organized in which state?
• 36th National Games to be hosted by Gujrat from 27 September to 10 October.
• The 36th National Games will be organized in six cities – Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
• The National Games event is being organized after a gap of seven years. Around 7,000 sportspersons will participate in 34 disciplines.
• The last edition of the National Games was organized in Kerala in 2015.
• Gujarat is equipped with a world-class sports infrastructure. It will host the National Games for the first time.
3) Central Government has organised a “National Conclave” on which fruit?
A. Gir Kesar
B. Kiwi Fruit
C. Dragon Fruit
• Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare organiseda ‘National Conclave on Dragon Fruit’.
• The Centre has decided to promote the cultivation of dragon fruit.
• It is also known as a “super fruit” for its health benefits.
• At present, this exotic fruit is cultivated in 3,000 hectares; the plan is to increase cultivation to 50,000 hectares in five years.
• Gujarat and Haryana Governments had already offered incentives for cultivation of the fruit.
4) Murali Iyer has been appointed as the new Chief Financial Officer of which organisation?
• Murali Iyer has been appointed as the new Chief Financial Officer IKEA (part of Ingka Group), the Swedish home furnishings retailer’s India business.
• Iyer takes over from Preet Dhupar who has moved into a global role within Ingka Group.
• With over 22 years of experience in financial leadership, Iyer has previously worked with Volvo Group in India and Sweden in multiple roles.
• IKEA has been sourcing from India for close to 40 years working with around 65 suppliers, 48,000 direct employees and 500,000 people in the supply chain in India producing for IKEA stores worldwide.
5) Who has been appointed as the Deputy Election Commissioner?
A. R K Gupta
B. Umesh Kumar
C. Atul Kaushik
D. Suresh Pal
• Senior bureaucrat R K Gupta has been appointed as the Deputy Election Commissioner, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said.
• He comes in place of T Sreekanth.
• Gupta, a Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officer, will serve as deputy election commissioner (Joint secretary level) till 28 February next year.
• Chief Election Commissioner of India: Rajiv Kumar
6) PM Narendra Modi has attended the first ‘Arun Jaitley Memorial Lecture (AJML)’ in which city?
B. New Delhi
D. Uttar Pradesh
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has attended the first ‘Arun Jaitley Memorial Lecture’ (AJML) at Vigyan Bhavan in Delhi.
• Theme of this lecture ‘Growth through Inclusivity, Inclusivity through Growth’ is very appropriate as inclusive development is necessary for real growth.
• The first AJML has been delivered by Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Senior Minister, Government of Singapore.
• The Department of Economic Affairs has organised the first Arun Jaitley Memorial Lecture in recognition of former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s invaluable contribution to the nation.
7) NMCG organised 8th edition of “Igniting Young Minds : Rejuvenating Rivers”. Theme of the webinar
C. Save Ganga
D. Promote Ganga
• The 8th Edition of the Webinar Series ‘Igniting Young Minds, Rejuvenating Rivers’ has organised by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG).
• Theme of the webinar – Afforestation
• The Webinar series is organised with an aim to connect with the youth on the important issue of Ganga Rejuvenation.
• Namami Ganga Programme is an Integrated Conservation Mission approved as flagship programme in June 2014 with budget outlay of Rs. 20,000 crore to accomplish the effective abatement of pollution, conservation and rejuvenation of National River Ganga.
8) Who has been appointed as new President of IFAD?
A. Vipin Sondhi
B. Neeraj Akhoury
C. Pradeep Singh
D. Alvaro Lario
• The governing council of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) has been appointed as Spain’s Alvaro Lario new President.
• Lario will take office on 1 October 2022 and serve a fouryear term. He will succeeds Gilbert Houngbo who has led the organisation since 2017.
• Lario, who would become IFAD 7th president, will lead the UN agency at a crucial time when global food prices are surging, induced by the Ukraine war, climate change, and the pandemic, with the World’s poorest countries hardest hit.
• New figures published by five UN agencies including IFAD showed the world falling further behind in efforts to end hunger and poverty in line with the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
9) Ranil Wickremesinghe has resigned as the Prime Minister of which country?
A. Sri Lanka
• Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe announced his resignation as Prime Minister of Sri Lanka on July 9, 2022 amid massive protests.
• He had summoned an emergency party leader meeting earlier to discuss the situation and come to a swift resolution.
• Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa is also expected to resign on July 13th.
• The Sri Lankan Parliament Speaker is expected to act as the President for a maximum of 30 days.
10) Who is the promoter of “Akasa Air” which recently got Air Operator Certificate from DGCA?
A. Azim Premji
B. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
C. Shiv Nadar
D. Anil Ambani
• Akasa Air is a start-up carrier, promoted by veteran stock market investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
• The airline which got Air Operator Certificate from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), will start services in late July. It is an Indian low-cost airline headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
11) Scientists from which country discovered a new giant carnivorous dinosaur species “Meraxes Gigas”?
• Scientists from Argentina have discovered a new giant carnivorous dinosaur species named ‘Meraxes gigas’.
• The dinosaur, which resembles Tyrannosaurus rex, has been named after a fictional dragon in the Game of Thrones book series.
• The dinosaur species is found to have had a massive head and tiny arms.
12) Who has tied up with National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) for synthesizing Green Ammonia?
A. POWER GRID
• NTPC Renewable Energy Limited (NTPC REL) signed an MoU with National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) to collaborate in the field of Renewable Energy and Green Chemicals.
• The agreement also includes collaboration in synthesizing Green Ammonia for captive use for production of Industrial products by NFL.
• NTPC recently announced Green Hydrogen initiatives and first pilot projects for synthesizing green Methanol, setting up Green Hydrogen filling station, Green hydrogen blending into PNG and Green energy storage project.
13) West Bengal has signed a new “Reciprocal Transport Agreement” with which state?
• Sikkim and West Bengal Government recently signed a new reciprocal transport agreement.
• As per the agreement, ‘All-Bengal’ permits for Sikkim vehicles and ‘All-Sikkim’ permits for Bengal vehicles will be issued to facilitate vehicular movement across both the states.
• Previously the vehicles had limited permits for movement across the other states.
14) As per Environment Ministry’s report, How many faunal species were added by India in 2021?
• Environment Minister released the details of new discoveries and new records of fauna and flora at the headquarters of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) in Kolkata.
• In 2021, 540 species have been added to the faunal database and 315 taxa have been added to the list of flora.
• The total number of animal species reached 1,03,258 while the number of floral taxa reached 55,048.
• Out of the 540 species, 406 species were newly discovered. A new mammal species ‘Crocidura narcondamica’ has been discovered from the Narcondam Island of the Andaman and Nicobar.
• In 2021, Boiga whitakeri is the most notable discovery among mammals. 35 new species of reptiles, and 19 species of Pisces were also discovered.
15) Which is set to become India’s 1st country to have an exclusive Research and Development (R&D) policy?
C. Tamil Nadu
• Karnataka is set to become the first state in the country to have an exclusive Research and Development (R&D) Policy.
• The policy seeks to allocate at least 0.1 per cent of its Gross State Domestic Product towards R&D and innovation.
• Karnataka is the first state to have an exclusive aerospace and defence R&D policy.
• It also has a separate semiconductor and renewable energy policy.
16) “World Population Day” is observed every year on –
A. 8th July
B. 9th July
C. 10th July
D. 11th July
• World Population Day is observed every year on July 11 to raise awareness about global population issues.
• This day is observed to raise awareness among people about the impact of a growing population and issues including gender equality, the importance of family planning, poverty, maternal health, human rights, etc.
• In 1989, World Population Day was established by the Governing Council of the United National Development Programme as an outgrowth of the interest generated by the Day of Five Billion, which was observed on 11 July 1987.
• On 11 July 1990, the day was first marked in more than 90 countries.
• Theme 2022: “A world of 8 billion: Towards a resilient future for all – Harnessing opportunities and ensuring rights and choices for all”.
17) Recently, Which railway zone has opened its longest Skywalk?
A. Central Railway
B. Eastern Railway
C. Western Railways
D. Southern Railway
• The Western Railway’s (WR) longest Skywalk from the Khar Road railway station to the nearby Bandra Terminus has been opened for the passengers to reach the platforms to board trains easily.
• The skywalk spans 314 meters long and is 4.4 meters wide.
• The platform connecting the two stations is also connected to the other platforms of Bandra Terminus Station.
• Western Railway’s noted that the skywalk will allow passengers to reach Bandra (T) directly by deboarding at Khar station & taking south Foot Over Bridge.
18) Who has launched a book in Gujarati ‘Swadhinata Sangram Na Surviro’?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Meenakshi Lekhi
C. Piyush Goyal
D. Amit Shah
• Union Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture Meenakshi Lekhi has launched a book in Gujarati commemorating the contributions of freedom fighters at a function.
• The book, ‘Swadhinata Sangram Na Surviro’, celebrates 75 freedom fighters and shares the stories of the sacrifices made by them for the country.
• The book is part of the “Swadhinta Ka Amrit Mahotsav” to mark the 75th year of the country’s independence.
19) “National Fish Farmers Day” is observed every year on –
A. 8th July
B. 9th July
C. 10th July
D. 11th July
• National Fish Farmers’ Day is celebrated every year on 10 July, by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying in association with the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB).
• The event aims to draw attention to changing the way the country manages fisheries resources to ensure sustainable stocks and healthy ecosystems.
• The day is commemorated annually in remembrance of scientists Dr K H Alikunhi and Dr H.L. Chaudhury who had invented induced breeding technology of Indian major carps on 10 July 1957.
Leave a Comment