1) Who has released the Theme of the National Science Day 2023?
A. Piyush Goyal
B. Anurag Thakur
C. Manoj Sinha
D. Jitendra Singh
• Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh released the Theme of National Science Day 2023 at a function in New Delhi on 9th January 2023.
• National Science Day theme 20223: “Global Science for Global Wellbeing”
• National Science Day is celebrated every year on the 28th of February to commemorate the discovery of the Raman Effect by Indian Physicist Sir C V Raman.
2) Osmanabad district court has become the first ‘ecourt’ of which state?
D. Madhya Pradesh
• The Osmanabad District Court has become the first court in Maharashtra to introduce e-system of functioning.
• Under this system, all the court-related work including filing, payment and other court services, etc. can be done through mobile app or online modes.
• Besides, library of the court has also been converted into digital mode.
• The system was inaugurated on 8th January 2023, by Bombay High Court, Aurangabad bench’s Judge and Osmanabad Guardian Judge, Arun Pednekar.
3) PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention at –
• The three-day 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas convention inaugurated in Indore on 8 January 2023.
• President of Guyana, Dr. Mohammad Irfan Ali was the chief guest for the inaugural ceremony.
• President of Suriname Chandrikaprasad Santokhi was the special guest for the inaugural ceremony.
• “Pravasis: Reliable Partners in India’s Progress in the Age of Amrit” is the theme of the conference.
• PM Modi also released a special postage stamp “Go Safe, Go Trained”. It highlights the importance of safe, legal, orderly and efficient migration.
• PM Modi also inaugurated the first digital exhibition focused on the theme “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav –
4) Which start-up built the ‘AzaadiSAT’ satellite, made by 750 school girls?
A. Dhruv Aerospace
C. Space Kidz India
• Space Kidz India, a Chennai-based space tech startup is set to launch their satellite made by 750 girls from government schools aboard an Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launch vehicle.
• A targeted launch date of January 16 has been set for the satellite named “AzaadiSAT”.
• Space Kidz India selected 10 girl students from 75 government schools across the country for this mission.
• The project is also supported by NITI Aayog.
5) PM Modi has launched the “Aspirational Block Programme (ABP)”, which will cover –
A. 100 districts
B. 200 districts
C. 500 districts
D. 1000 districts
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the government’s Aspirational Block Programme (ABP), to improve performance of blocks lagging on development parameters.
• The programme will cover 500 districts across 31 states and Union Territories initially.
• Over half of these blocks are in 6 states—Uttar Pradesh (68 blocks), Bihar (61), Madhya Pradesh (42), Jharkhand (34), Odisha (29) and West Bengal (29).
• The Aspirational Blocks Programme is on the lines of the Aspirational District Programme that was launched in 2018, covering 112 districts across the country.
6) Which University has bagged the ‘Overall Championship’ at the 36th Inter University South Zone Youth Festival?
A. Mahatma University
B. Kerala University
C. Amrita University
D. SASTRA University
• The University of Kerala bagged the ‘Overall Championship’ at the 36th Inter University South Zone Youth Festival in Tirupati.
• Mahatma Gandhi University came as the runners-up.
• Noted Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi dancer Alekhya Punjala was the chief guest of the event.
7) Who is the author of the book titled “Roller Cooaster: An Affair with Banking”?
A. Tamal Bandyoopadhyay
B. Kaki Madhava Rao
C. Shashi Tharoor
D. Ranjan Gogoi
• Tamal Bandyopadhyay, an experienced journalist, has released his latest book “Roller Coaster: An Affair with Banking” through Jaico Publishing House.
• The book delves into the stories and insights of the Indian banking industry, through the eyes of a journalist who has been following the sector for over 25 years.
• His other books: A Bank for the Buck, Sahara: The Untold Story
9) A 100-day “Global City Campaign” has been launched in –
A. Madhya Pradesh
B. Himachal Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
• A 100-day “Uttar Pradesh Global City” campaign has been launched by the Uttar Pradesh Government ahead of the Global Investors Summit and G-20 Summit.
• This campaign will be implemented in all 762 urban bodies of the state.
• The campaign has been launched by the state’s Urban Development and Energy Minister Arvind Kumar Sharma.
• The campaign aims to bring urban areas in the state up to global standards, which includes improving urban amenities, air quality, cleanliness and beautification as well as proper waste disposal.
10) Which year is the fifth warmest year of India since 1901?
• The year 2022 was the fifth warmest for India since 1901 when India Meteorological Department started keeping weather records.
• The annual mean land surface air temperature was 0.51 degrees Celsius above the long-term average which is the mean temperature for the 1981-2010 period, the weather office said in the statement on Climate of India during 2022.
• The five warmest years on record, in descending order were 2016 (+0.71°C), 2009 (+0.55°C), 2017 (+0.541°C), 2010 (+0.539°C) and 2022 (+0.51°C).
11) Facebook-parent Meta appointed whom as the Director of global business group in India?
A. Vikas Purohit
B. Rajiv Kumar
C. Anil Chandulal Shah
D. Sundar Srinivasan
• Facebook’s parent firm Meta on 9th January 2023 announced the appointment of Vikas Purohit as the Director of Global Business Group for its India operations.
• He will report to Arun Srinivas, Director and Head of Ads Business for Meta in India.
• He has 20 years of experience in business, sales and marketing roles. He has worked at Tata CLiQ, Amazon, Reliance, Aditya Birla Group and Tommy Hilfiger.
12) Who has won the Adelaide International 2023 singles title?
A. Sebastian Korda
B. Novak Djokovic
C. Rafael Nadal
D. Carlos Alcaraz
• Novak Djokovic has defeated America’s Sebastian Korda in a nerve-wracking final to win the Adelaide International men’s singles title.
• Djokovic also equalled Rafael Nadal’s tally of 92 ATP singles titles in the Open Era.
• Nadal and Djokovic are joint-fourth in the list after Jimmy Connors (109), Roger Federer (103) and Ivan Lendl (94).
• In the women’s final at Adelaide International 1, Aryna Sabalenka won the women’s singles by defeating Linda Noskova of the Czech Republic. This was her 11th WTA Tour singles title.
13) India has discovered two lithium mines and one copper mine in which country?
A. New Zealand
• India has discovered two lithium mines and one copper mine in Argentina in the South America continent.
• The government of India said that they had sent a team of geologists to Argentina to assess and find potential lithium deposits in the month of November 2022. They have been able to identify a possible source of lithium and copper deposits in the south American country.
• Australia is currently the top lithium producer globally. While Argentina is the fourth largest producing country in the world.
14) ‘The Kashmir Files’ has been shortlisted for Oscars 2023. Directed by –
A. Rishabh Shetty
B. Vivek Agnihotri
C. SS Rajamouli
D. Paan Nalin
• Vivek Agnihotri’s film ‘The Kashmir Files’ has been shortlisted for Oscars 2023.
• Actors Anupam Kher, Mithun Chakraborthy, Darshan Kumar and Pallavi Joshi are also shortlisted for the best actor category.
• Rishabh Shetty’s ‘Kantara’, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi’, Paan Nalin’s ‘The Chello Show’ and SS Rajamouli’s ‘RRR’ have also made it to the Oscar shortlist.
• Originally made in Kannada with a budget of less than Rs 16 crore, ‘Kantara’ went on to become one of the highestgrossing Kannada films with Rs 400 crore at the box office.
15) Joshimath town had been declared as a ‘Disaster Area’ belongs to which state?
A. Uttar Pradesh
• Joshimath, the gateway to Hemkund Sahib and Badrinath, has been declared a landslide-subsidence zone.
• The town of Joshimath is located at the foothills of the Himalayas in Chamoli district, Uttarakhand.
• Joshimath is currently facing landslides. Big cracks are being seen between people’s houses and roads.
• According to the Chamoli District Disaster Management Authority, 603 buildings in Joshimath town have developed cracks so far.
• A total of 68 families have been ‘temporarily’ displaced, officials said.
16) Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) conducts “Nidhi Apke Nikat” every month of
• The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) conducts “Nidhi Apke Nikat” on 10th of every month in all field offices in an attempt to expand its reach and attract more participation.
• Nidhi Aapke Nikat is a public outreach programme that endeavours to address the problems/grievance of all stakeholders i.e., employees and employers by bringing them on a common platform and to increase awareness and sensitize them about the new initiatives undertaken in their interest by the organisation (EPFO).
17) “Startup India Innovation Week 2023” has been organised from –
A. 8th to 14th January
B. 9th to 15th January
C. 10th to 16th January
D. 11th to 17th January
• Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry is organising ‘Startup India Innovation Week 2023’ from January 10-16.
• It aims to celebrate the Indian startup ecosystem as well as National Startup Day (16th January 2023).
• On the National Startup Day on January 16, DPIIT will felicitate the winners of National Startup Awards.
Leave a Comment