1. Recently, Which city has been included in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network?
Answer (B) Srinagar
• On November 8, 2021, Srinagar has joined the UNESCO’s network of creative cities.
• UNESCO has designated Srinagar as a creative city of craft and folk arts.
• With the inclusion of 49 new cities this year, total numbers of cities in this network stands at 295 from across 90 countries.
2. Who will be conferred the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award for 2020?
A. Sumant Garg
B. Priyanka Mohite
C. Aditya Narayan
D. Nitish Patel
Answer (B) Priyanka Mohite
• Mountaineer Priyanka Mohite will be awarded the prestigious Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2020.
• She will be awarded for his outstanding contribution in the field of land adventure. She will receive an award on 13 November at a function in the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
• She started trekking in Sahyadri ranges in western ghats and rock-climbing in 2010.
• She has scaled the world’s highest peaks Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, and Mt Makalu. She became the first Indian woman to climb Mt Annapurna, the 10th highest mountain peak in the world.
3. Which state has ranked 1st on the National Logistics Index – LEADS 2021?
D. Tamil Nadu
Answer (A) Gujarat
• Gujarat ranked 1st among 21 states on the national logistics index 2021 chart for its ‘welldeveloped infrastructure and services driven by a responsive government’.
• The logistics index chart released on November 8, 2021, in the Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) 2021 report by commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal assessed the logistics efficiency of states in 2021.
4. Which state government has launched ‘Shramik Mitra’ scheme to help construction workers?
B. Uttar Pradesh
Answer (D) Haryana
• Delhi Government has launched the ‘Shramik Mitra’ scheme on 8th November to help construction workers.
• Shramik Mitra Scheme will ensure that the benefits of various programs reach the construction workers in the national capital.
• The scheme was launched in the presence of Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
5. Which actor will be honored with Basavashree Award 2021?
B. Puneeth Rajkumar
C. Allu Arjun
D. Nitish Patel
Answer (B) Puneeth Rajkumar
• Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar will be posthumously awarded the Basavashree award 2021 by the Bruhanmutt.
• Basavashree Award is given to people for their service to society by following the principles of Lord Basaveshwar in their respective fields.
• In recent times, it was given to PT Usha (2009), Malala Yousufzai (2014), P Sainath (2016), Dr K Kasturirangan (2020).
• It is being presented by Chitradurga Bruhanmutt since 1997. The awardee receives Rs 5 lakh cash and a memento.
6. Who has announced to have his own digital avatar in a game-based metaverse?
A. Ajith Kumar
B. Joseph Vijay
D. Kamal Haasan
Answer (D) Kamal Haasan
• The actor, politician, producer, and director Kamal Haasan has announced his plans to become the first Indian celebrity to have his own digital avatar in a game-based metaverse.
• Haasan who recently celebrated his 67th birthday on +November 7, 2021, announced he will enter into digital space with the Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) collection and later launch his personal museum as well in an upcoming game-based metaverse from Fantico.
7. IMD has issued an orange alert predicting very heavy rainfall in which city?
B. New Delhi
Answer (D) Chennai
• The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an orange alert for Chennai while predicting that very heavy to heavy rains mains may continue till November 9 morning.
• Chennai recorded the heaviest rainfall on record since 2015 after it received more than 200 mm (20 cm) of rainfall beginning November 6, 2021.
• The IMD has predicted the formation of a cyclonic circulation over the Southeast Bay of Bengal and a low-pressure area around November 9, 2021.
8. Who has become the 1st Chinese woman to walk in space?
A. Wang Yaping
B. Zhai Zhigang
C. Ye Guangfu
D. Chyou Daiyu
Answer (A) Wang Yaping
• Astronaut Wang Yaping has become the first Chinese woman to walk in space.
• She is a part of a six-month mission to the country’s space station.
• Wang, along with astronauts Zhai Zhigang, and Ye Guangfu are part of the crew.
• Tiangong, meaning “heavenly palace”, is a crucial part of China’s military-led drive to become a leading space power.
9. Who recently introduced his new book ‘The Cinema of Satyajit Ray’?
A. Sudha Murti
B. Pratik Sinha
C. Bhaskar Chattopadhyay
D. Aravind Adiga
Answer (C) Bhaskar Chattopadhyay
• A New Book Titled “The Cinema Of Satyajit Ray” Authored by Bhaskar Chattopadhyay.
• The Book was Published by Westland.
• About the Book: The book is divided into two sections: “first is about the art and second about the artist”. It describes his 39 feature films, shorts and documentaries to investigate their cinematic and social context. It claims to be an encyclopaedic coverage of Ray’s cinema including an essay on each film he’s made, as well as his documentaries.
10. Which state’s ‘Chamba Chappal’ has received the GI tag?
B. Himachal Pradesh
C. Jammu and Kashmir
Answer (B) Himachal Pradesh
• The renowned ‘Chamba Chappal’, Himachal Pradesh’s indigenous slipper handcrafted from pure leather and popular across the country, has finally been granted the Geographical Indication or GI tag.
• The special type of slippers have a royal heritage dating back to the erstwhile rulers of Chamba.
• Apart from these products, Kullu Shawl, Kangra Tea, Chamba Rumal, Kinnauri Shawl, Kangra Painting, Himachali Chulli Oil and Himachali Kalazeera are respectively the eighth and ninth traditional products of Himachal Pradesh which will get protection under GI Act, 1999.
11. Which organisation released a report titled ‘Sustainable Urban Cooling Handbook’?
C. NITI Aayog
Answer (A) UNEP
• United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has released a new report titled ‘Sustainable Urban Cooling Handbook’.
• As per the report, cities will be the hotspots as global warming continues uncontrolled.
• Overheated cities will face climate change costs, twice those of the rest of the world because of the urban heat island effect.
• The report is based on an analysis of the world’s 1692 largest cities.
12. Who has become the 71st GrandMaster of India?
A. Robin Joshi
B. Sankalp Gupta
C. Pranay Mittal
D. Raja Rithvik
Answer (B) Sankalp Gupta
• Sankalp Gupta has become India’s 71st Grandmaster by scoring 6.5 points and finishing second in the Grandmaster Ask 3 round-robin event in Arandjelovac, Serbia.
• Gupta secured the three required Grandmaster norms in just 24 days by playing three tournaments on the trot.
• In all the three events, his rating performances were at 2599 and above.
13. Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project has been inaugurated in
A. Jammu & Kashmir
D. Himachal Pradesh
Answer (A) Jammu & Kashmir
• Union Power Minister R K Singh virtually inaugurated the diversion of the Marusudar River of Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project in Kishtwar, Jammu & Kashmir.
• Pakal Dul HE Project (1,000 MW) is being constructed by Chenab Valley Power Projects Pvt Limited (CVPPPL) and Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation.
• Marusudar River is a major tributary of the Chenab River.
14. The Mumbai-Karnataka region has been renamed as
A. Kittur Karnataka
B. Ramadurg Kanataka
C. bhatkal Karnataka
D. Gokak Karnataka
Answer (A) Kittur Karnataka
• The Mumbai-Karnataka region has been renamed as ‘Kittur Karnataka’.
• The Mumbai-Karnataka region, which was formerly under the Bombay presidency, became part of Karnataka in 1956.
• The region has been named after 19th-century ruler, Kittur Rani Chennamma.
• Kittur Rani Chennamma fought the British for freedom about 40 years before Jhansi Rani Laxmibai.
15. Where has the first Khelo India Archery Tournament been inaugurated?
Answer (C) Sonipat
• The inaugural session of the 1st Khelo India Archery Tournament kicked off at Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) NCOE Sonipat Centre on 7 November 2021.
• It was organized by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Archery Association of India (AAI).
• The inaugural session of the tournament saw the participation of a total of 169 archers (93 in Recurve Category and 76 in Compound Category) from 10 states and Union Territories.
Leave a Comment