1) Who has received the Patangrao Kadam award for contribution in the fight against Covid-19?
A. Sharvil Patel
B. Adar Poonawalla
C. Krishna Ella
D. Albert Bourla
• CEO of the vaccine manufacturer Serum Institute of India Adar Poonawalla has been conferred with the Patangrao Kadam award.
• Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on 8th January, lauded vaccine manufacturer Serum Institute of India and its CEO Adar Poonwalla for their contribution in the fight against COVID-19.
• Patangrao Kadam (8 January 1944 – 9 March 2018) was an Indian politician from the state of Maharashtra. He previously held the forest ministry in the Maharashtra government. He was also an educationist and was the founder of Bharati Vidyapeeth.
2) Which Indian state has become the first fully Digital Banking state?
B. Tamil Nadu
• On 7th January 2023, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan declared Kerala as the first state in the country to go fully digital in its banking service and said this recognition would boost the state economy.
• Vijayan said this achievement was possible due to social interventions through local self-government institutions along with infrastructure development and technological advances in the banking sector.
• Kerala is the only State in India that has declared ‘the right to Internet’ as a basic right of its citizens.
3) Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela “PMNAM” was held in –
A. 242 districts
B. 247 districts
C. 240 districts
D. 249 districts
• On January 9, 2023, the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela, or PMNAM, was held in 242 districts throughout the nation.
• PMNAM offers a unique opportunity for local youth to shape their careers through apprenticeship training.
• The government is aiming to train 1 million youth per year through this initiative and platform.
4) 1st ‘Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion’ meeting of the G20, begin in –
• The G20’s ‘Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion’ summit began on January 9, 2023, in Kolkata.
• The Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee welcomed the guests and delegates and said that she is happy to host this G-20 meeting in the state.
• Theme of this year’s G-20 conference, ‘Vasudhaiva Kutambakkam’.
5) India’s 1st coal gasification-based Talcher Fertilizer Plant will be inaugurated in –
• Union Health and Family Welfare and Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya announced that India’s first-ever coal gasificationbased Talcher Fertilizer Plant in Odisha will be ready to be dedicated to the nation by October 2024.
• The plant, located in Talcher, is currently under construction and is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
• The plant when in operation, will help to reduce dependency on urea import.
• The urea plant being constructed at a cost of about 17,000 crore rupees will benefit the farmers across the country.
6) Who has been honoured with the lifetime achievement award at the 15th edition of the Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF)?
A. Aparna Sen
B. Jahnu Barua
C. Prakash Jha
D. Tarun Majumdar
• Veteran actor-director, Aparna Sen was honoured with the lifetime achievement award at the opening ceremony of the 15th edition of the Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF).
• She made her film debut in Teen Kanya (directed by Satyajit Ray) in 1961.
• She has directed acclaimed movies like 36 Chowringhee Lane (1981), Paroma (1985), Paromitar Ek Din (2000), and Mr and Mrs Iyer (2002).
• 282 films from 63 countries are being screened from 6th 10th January 2023.
7) ‘Hockey Wali Sarpanch’ has signed an agreement with which bank to start the Farmers Producers Organisation (FPO)?
D. Exim Bank
• Neeru Yadav, who is fondly known as ‘Hockey Wali Sarpanch’ has signed an agreement with NABARD to start the Farmers Producers Organisation (FPO) with the assistance of SIIRD (Society of Indian Institute of Rural Development).
• This initiative will strengthen farmers of Lambi Ahir Village, Rajasthan.
• Farmers Producers Organisation (FPO) is a legal entity formed by primary producers. Producers such as farmers, milk producers, fishermen, weavers, rural artisans, craftsmen etc, can form a company basis equity share.
8) Who has been re-appointed as the Chairman of the BCCI’s selection committee?
A. Shiv Sunar Das
B. Salil Ankola
C. Chetan Sharma
D. Subroto Banerjee
• Chetan Sharma was reappointed as the chairman of the senior selection committee, exactly two months after his entire panel was disbanded by the BCCI for the Indian team’s semifinal exit in the T20 World Cup.
• Salil Ankola, Shiv Sunar Das, Subroto Banerjee and Sridharan Sharath are new members of the selection committee. The new committee has been picked by the Cricket Advisory Committee comprising Ashok Malhotra, Jatin Paranjape and Sulakshana Naik.
• The committee further recommended Chetan Sharma for the role of Chairman of the senior men’s selection committee.
9) A new book titled “Chief Minister’s Diary No.1” was written by –
A. Shashi Tharoor
B. Kanak Dwivedi
C. Ranjan Gogoi
D. Sanjeev Sanyal
• Former Chief Justice of India and member of the Rajya Sabha, Ranjan Gogoi has released a book titled ‘Chief Minister’s Diary No.1’.
• This book containing the account of events of the first year in office of Assam CM, Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
• The book featured accounts of daily activities he undertook as a Chief Minister.
• His diary essentially featured the growth initiatives that the state has witnessed over the last 11 months.
10) Under the ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy, India has handed over 75 passenger buses to –
A. Sri Lanka
• India has handed 75 passenger buses to Sri Lanka as part of its assistance towards strengthening public transport infrastructure in the cash-strapped country.
• As part of its ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy, India has extended multi-pronged assistance to Sri Lanka to help the country tide over its worst economic and humanitarian crisis since its independence from Great Britain in 1948.
11) The traditional festival “Cherchera” has been celebrated by –
A. Madhya Pradesh
• Chhattisgarh CM, Bhupesh Baghel has celebrated the traditional Cherchera festival at Dudhadhari Math in Raipur.
• This traditional festival is celebrated on the full moon night of ‘Paush’ Hindu calendar month.
• It is celebrated in the happiness of taking the crops to their homes after cultivation.
12) Union Minister Purushottam Rupala has inaugurated 29 mobile veterinary units in –
C. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
• Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Purushottam Rupala inaugurated 29 Mobile Veterinary Units (MVUs) and Centralised Call Center in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
• It is a major step for the benefit of the livestock farmers in Kerala. Kerala is deploying 50 MVUs in different districts.
• These MVUs will be operated through a centralized call centre with a uniform Helpline No. 1962.
• It will receive calls from livestock rearers/animal owners and Veterinarians will prioritize all cases on the basis of emergency nature and will transmit them to the nearest MVU for attending at farmer’s doorstep.
13) As per National Statistical Office (NSO), India’s economy will grow in FY23 by –
• India’s economy is expected to grow 7.0% in the financial year 2023, according to the first advance estimates by the National Statistical Office (NSO) in January 2023.
• It had pegged India’s growth at 7% in the fiscal year 2022.
14) Which Indian athlete has won the under-15 British open squash title recently?
A. Dipika Pallikal
B. Krishna Mishra
C. Advita Sharma
D. Anahat Singh
• Anahat Singh, an Indian squash player on the rise, won the girl’s under-15 title in the renowned British Junior Open in Birmingham on January 8, 2023.
• This is Anahat’s second title at the tournament, the first being the Under-11 title in 2019.
• The 14-year-old, who was India’s youngest participant at the Commonwealth Games last year, won the final 3-1 over Egypt’s Sohaila Hazem.
• Every year in January, the British Junior Open is held. It was held this year after a two-year hiatus owing to COVID-19.
15) For many rupees, RBI will issue the Sovereign Green Bonds?
A. ₹20,000 crore
B. ₹16,000 crore
C. ₹5,000 crore
D. ₹10,000 crore
• On January 6, 2023, the Reserve Bank of India announced that it will sell sovereign green bonds worth Rs 16,000 crores, in two tranches of 8,000 crores each.
• The auction proceeds, which will be conducted on January 25 and February 9, 2023, will be used to fund public-sector projects that reduce the economy’s carbon intensity.
• Green bonds are issued by any sovereign authority, intergovernmental organizations or alliances, or corporations with the intention of using the bond profits to fund ecologically friendly initiatives.
16) The “International Kite Festival 2023” began on
• The International Kite Festival 2023 began on 8 January in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
• The festival, which is being organised after a gap of two years, was inaugurated by Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel.
• The festival is being organised by Gujarat Tourism on the G20 theme of ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’.
• The previous edition was held in 2020 with 153 participants from 43 countries.
• The International Kite festival has many names, it is also known as Uttarayan or Makar Sankranti in Gujarat. This festival has been celebrated every year on January 14 since 1989.
17) President Murmu has inaugurated SJVN’s 1,000 MW Bikaner Solar Power Project in –
• President Droupadi Murmu virtually laid the foundation stone for state-owned energy company SJVN’s 1,000 MW Bikaner Solar Power Project in Rajasthan.
• The event, held in Jaipur, was also attended by Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra and Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
• The development cost of the Bikaner Solar Power Project is ₹5,492 crore, with viability gap funding support of ₹44.72 lakh per megawatt.
• The project is scheduled to be commissioned by March 2024.
18) Which Indian has been selected for the “Award for Global Leadership” by the Harvard Law School Center?
A. Uday Umesh Lalit
B. Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
C. Sharad Arvind Bobde
D. Dhananjaya Yeshwant Chandrachud
• The Harvard Law School Center on the Legal Profession (HLS CLP) has announced Chief Justice of India Dr. Dhananjaya Yeshwant Chandrachud as the 2022 recipient of its “Award for Global Leadership” in recognition of his lifetime service to the legal profession in India and across the world.
• The award will be presented to him in a virtual event on 11th January 2023.
• DY Chandrachud is an Indian judge who is currently serving as the 50th Chief Justice of India. He holds an LLM and an SJD from Harvard Law School.
19) Which app was awarded the platinum award in Digital Initiatives at Grassroots Level in Digital India Awards 2022?
A. e-Vivechna app
B. ePathshala app
C. DigiLocker app
D. Umang app
• The President of India, Droupadi Murmu has conferred the Digital India Awards 2022 to the winners on 7th January 2023.
• The e-NAM (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare) was awarded the platinum award in Digital Empowerment of Citizens category.
• The e-Vivechna App (Madhya Pradesh) was awarded the platinum award in Digital Initiatives at Grassroots Level.
• The Mine Mitra (Uttar Pradesh) was awarded in Digital Initiatives for Ease of Doing Business category.
20) Who has became the first female Sikh Judge in the United States?
A. Manpreet Moonica Singh
B. Gulab Kaur
C. Harita Kaur Deol
D. Manpreet Kaur
• Indian-origin Manpreet Monica Singh has been sworn in as a Harris county judge, becoming the first female Sikh judge in the US.
• Singh was born and raised in Houston and now lives in Bellaire with her husband and two children.
• She was sworn in as a judge of the Harris County Civil Court at Law No. 4 in Texas on 6th January 2023.
• There are an estimated 500,000 Sikhs in the US, with 20,000 Sikhs living in the Houston area.
21) Who has been appointed as its global partner by the International Hockey Federation?
C. JSW Group
• The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has signed a partnership with the JSW Group for the upcoming FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar-
• Rourkela, which will kick-off later this month.
• The 15th edition of FIH’s flagship event for men will be played from 13 January to 29 January in Odisha, India.
Leave a Comment