04th May Current Affairs 2022
Neural Beast's Current Affairs Today Section provides the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2022
1) Which state’s ‘Miyan Ka Bada’ railway station has been renamed as “Mahesh Nagar Halt”?
• ‘Miyan Ka Bada’ railway station in the Balotra area of Rajasthan’s Barmer district was renamed “Mahesh Nagar Halt.”
• Since Independence, the people of Mian Ka Bada in Rajasthan have demanded that the village’s name be changed, claiming that the village’s original name was Mahesh Ro Bado.
• In 2018, the Rajasthan government changed the village’s name from Mian Ka Bada to Mahesh Nagar and made the necessary revisions in the revenue records. Proposals to rename the station were sent to the railway ministry when the village’s name was changed.
2) Who has been appointed as Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
A. M Ajit Kumar
B. J B Mohapatra
C. Sangeeta Singh
D. Vivek Johri
• Sangeeta Singh, an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer from the 1986 batch, has been appointed as Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), with effect from May 02, 2022.
• The Union Finance Ministry has issued an order stating that Sangeeta Singh will perform the duties and responsibilities of Chairperson, CBDT, in addition to her own duties, for a period of three months or until a regular chairman is chosen, whichever comes earlier.
• She was appointed after the incumbent chairman of the direct tax administration body, Jagannath BidyadharMohapatra retired on April 30, 2022.
3) What is the name of India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier, that will be commissioned on 15 August 2022?
A. INS Vikrant
B. INS Tushil
C. INS Khukri
D. INS Kalinga
• India’s First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC), Indian Navy Ship (INS) Vikrant will be delivered to the Indian Navy by May 2022 and will be commissioned on 15 August, 2022.
• The IAC has been constructed by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL). The IAC will use ski-jump technology for launching the aircraft from the carrier. It costs around Rs 23,000 crore.
• The IAC is 262 metres long, 62 metres wide and it has a height of 59 metres and it has over 2,300 compartments. The warship will operate MiG-29K fighter jets, Kamov-31 helicopters, and MH-60R multi-role helicopters.
4) Which Shipyard will build India’s 1st indigenous hydrogen-fuelled electric vessel?
A. L&T Ship Limited
B. Hindustan Ltd
C. Mazagon Dock
D. Cochin Shipyard
• The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways is set to build India’s first indigenous hydrogen-fuelled electric vessels at Cochin Shipyard Limited, Cochin, Kerala.
• The hydrogen fuel cell vessel based on Low-Temperature Proton Exchange Membrane Technology (LT-PEM) called Fuel Cell Electric Vessel (FCEV) is expected to cost around Rs 17.50 crore.
• 75% of the cost will be funded by the Government of India. This is a part of the transformative efforts of the Government of India on the innovative and new technology front on green energy, sustainable costeffective alternate fuel front.
5) Which country's landscape garden 'Sitio BurleMarx' has got the status of UNESCO World Heritage Site?
• The Sitio Burle Marx site, a landscape garden in Brazilian city Rio de Janeiro has been added to UNESCO’s list of World Heritage sites.
• The garden features more than 3,500 species of plants native to Rio and is considered a laboratory for botanical and landscape experimentation.
• The site has been named after Burle Marx, a Brazilian landscape architect whose designs of parks and gardens made him world-famous. The Sitio BurleMarx site was his home until 1985.
6) Which state has launched ‘Mukhyamantri MitaanYojana’ for doorstep delivery of 100 public services?
• Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana’ (Mitaan stands for friend), which will be implemented on pilot basis in 14 municipal corporations including the cities like Raipur, Durg, Bilaspur and Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh.
• Under the Scheme the residents of Chhattisgarh can avail around 100 public services at their doorstep.
• In the first phase, 13 services in 14 municipal corporation areas have been included under the ‘Mitaan’ scheme as announced by the CM in his budget speech for fiscal year 2022-23.
7) Which state's education board has banned three books of Sikh history?
• The Punjab School Education Board has banned three history books for allegedly distorting facts related to Sikh history.
• The books which have been banned are 'Modern ABC of history of Punjab', written by Manjit Singh Sodhi, 'History of Punjab', written by Mahinderpal Kaur and 'History of Punjab' by M S Mann, for Class 12.
• These books have been published by three different Jalandhar-based publishers.
• The decision to ban these books was taken following a report by an inquiry committee. The committee was formed following a complaint by farmer leader Baldev Singh Sirsa, who had said that these books contained some remarks which were not in accordance with Sikh history.
8) Who has taken over as the 34th 'Foreign Secretary' of India?
A. Vinay Mohan Kwatra
B. Suman Bery
C. BS Raju
D. Keshav Gokhale
• Vinay Mohan Kwatra is appointed as the new Foreign Secretary
• He succeeded Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
• Mr. Kwatra, an IFS official from the 1988 batch, previously served as India's Ambassador to Nepal.
• Mr. Kwatra is known for his extensive expertise in dealing with India's neighborhood, as well as the US, China, and Europe.
9) Where has the first 'Kerala Olympic Games' started?
D. None of these
• The first-ever Kerala Olympic Games was inaugurated by state Sports Minister V Abdurahiman at the University Stadium on 30th April 2022.
• The 10-day Kerala Games will feature competitions in 24 sports disciplines at over 10 venues. Sports persons from across the State are expected to participate.
• Olympic medallists Mary Kom, P R Sreejesh, Ravi Kumar Dahiya and Bajrang Punia, along with
• Olympians from Kerala Sajan Prakash, Alex Antony, K T Irfan and M P Jabir accompanied the athletes in an open jeep.
10) Who has been appointed as the first Chief Technology Officer of US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)?
A. Satya Easwaran
B. Nand Mulchandani
C. Vishwas Patel
D. None of these
• Nand Mulchandani is the first Indian-origin person to be appointed as the first-ever Chief Technology Officer of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
• Mulchandani has more than 25 years of experience in Silicon Valley as well as the US Department of Defense (DoD).
• Mulchandani was most recently the CTO and Acting Director of the Department of Defense's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center before joining the CIA.
11) Who launched the ‘Mandate Document’ for National Curriculum Framework?
A. Piyush Goyal
B. Nitin Gadkari
C. Dharmendra Pradhan
D. Nirmala Sitharaman
• Guidelines for the Development of the National Curriculum Framework (NCF)’ were released by the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
• Launching the document, the union education minister remarked that the National Education Policy 2020 is the 'Philosophy', National Curriculum Framework is the 'Pathway' and the mandate document released by him is the 'Constitution' to champion the changing demands of the 21st century and impact the future positively.
12) Dream Sports Foundation (DSF) has partnered with which athlete for "Dream Jab" program?
A. PV Sindhu
B. Dutee Chand
C. Mary Kom
D. Mithali Raj
• Six-time World Champion and Olympic bronze medallist boxer Mary Kom has partnered with Dream Sports Foundation (DSF), the philanthropic arm of Dream Sports, India's leading sports technology company, to announce the launch of the "DreamJab" programme.
• The programme will be in collaboration with the
Mary Kom Regional Boxing Foundation (MKRBF).
• Under this programme that aims to nurture and support India's future boxing world champions, 30 young and talented athletes will be provided with extensive training in the sport of boxing.